Best Western Regency House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshigh school reunionhot breakfastpleasant stayrooms are largenew jerseyregency housebweventmicrowavebanquetnjhighwayroutenycplainsjackie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We arrived tired and without reservations. The wonderful gal at the desk (Izizzi) took good care of us. We entered our room to find hair stuck to the bathroom door and the corners of the bathroom that had not been cleaned in a long time. Back to see Izizzi. She apologized and within minutes had us in a new room. This room was better, but the refrigerator and microwave were covered with smears and fingerprints.
Overall, it wasn't bad, just not clean to our standards. The morning gal at the front desk was also great as was the breakfast hostess. Great employees at this motel. Manager should check rooms for cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was a little concerned about our upcoming stay after reading some negative reviews about the Best Western Plus, however, we had a very positive experience. The hotel offers a very nice outdoor swimming pool that is much larger than what you normally see at a motel. The rooms were very nice, especially on the first floor which was recently renovated. The staff was friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast offered much more than what you usually get at a free continental breakfast including French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, potatoes cereal, muffins, juice and coffee. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great as always. I was on a business trip this month, nice to know that a comfortable room and bed are waiting after flying for hours. Friendly service at the front desk and a great breakfast to start your day. Location is excellent, easy access to roads leading to NYC.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I reserved a King size room that included a microwave, small fridge, and desk. Room was very comfortable. I noticed very little noise from the heater/air conditioner. Often, these units are noisy or they cycle on/off too frequently. Breakfast was tasty because little of the served food was pre-pared and microwaved up to temperature like much of the breakfast food served at other similar hotels. Room cost is average for North Jersey.
Overall, I give this hotel a very good rating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank dadasmatta56
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying here because of some of the negative reviews, but since it is right across the street from a client's location in the industrial park, and since I am Diamond with Best Western anyway, I decided to give it a shot. I stayed in one of the Business Class rooms with the room divider, and it was very nice, almost like staying in a Hyatt Place. It was recently renovated and finished nicely. My only complaint was all of the TV wires being stapled to the walls, instead of being inside the walls. Minor complaint, other than that the room was clean and comfortable. I went down to the lounge for a snack and a drink and struck up a conversation with the bartender and cook, and asked about all of the negative reviews about wild drunken parties. They did say that on the weekends, when there are events going on in the ballroom, that the hotel can get a little rowdy at night, but for a business traveler during the week like me, it's a great place to stay. This hotel worked out for me on a Monday night, and if I were ever to stay on a weekend, I'd probably just try to join in on the party! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MattBart3975
Tom P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Matt,
We are very glad to see your first stay at our hotel was very satisfied, and you liked our NEWLY RENOVATED BUSINESS CLASS room, Your feedback is an extremely valuable for us to know that how we are doing and what improvement require to satisfy each and every guest at our hotel,after all we valued each and every dollars guest are paying for their accommodations at our hotel,
I hope to see you again and we will strive our best to satify your stay,

Thanks again for your comments,