“First Time Stay... Will Be Back”

Best Western Regency House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pompton Plains
GreenLeadersBronze level
Niantic, Connecticut
“First Time Stay... Will Be Back”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying here because of some of the negative reviews, but since it is right across the street from a client's location in the industrial park, and since I am Diamond with Best Western anyway, I decided to give it a shot. I stayed in one of the Business Class rooms with the room divider, and it was very nice, almost like staying in a Hyatt Place. It was recently renovated and finished nicely. My only complaint was all of the TV wires being stapled to the walls, instead of being inside the walls. Minor complaint, other than that the room was clean and comfortable. I went down to the lounge for a snack and a drink and struck up a conversation with the bartender and cook, and asked about all of the negative reviews about wild drunken parties. They did say that on the weekends, when there are events going on in the ballroom, that the hotel can get a little rowdy at night, but for a business traveler during the week like me, it's a great place to stay. This hotel worked out for me on a Monday night, and if I were ever to stay on a weekend, I'd probably just try to join in on the party! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tom P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Matt,
We are very glad to see your first stay at our hotel was very satisfied, and you liked our NEWLY RENOVATED BUSINESS CLASS room, Your feedback is an extremely valuable for us to know that how we are doing and what improvement require to satisfy each and every guest at our hotel,after all we valued each and every dollars guest are paying for their accommodations at our hotel,
I hope to see you again and we will strive our best to satify your stay,

Thanks again for your comments,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recently renovated due to the Storm Sandy. First floor redecorated and rooms very nice, new low bath tubs, old tubs were too high to get in to. General manager Tom Patel very professional to assist with all your needs. Mary Antoniello, Assistant General Manager, very Professional as well, goes above and beyond too assist you in all your needs Full breakfast every morning during your stay, only thing 6-9am too early for people who are traveling and don't want to get up that early for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda A
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the great respect to our NEWLY RENOVATED ROOMS,and you have experienced the best by our management team efforts, Our each and every staff members are professionally trained and they are trying their best to meet the each and every guest needs at our hotel for guest satisfaction,Sorry for any inconvenient like the bereakfast hours,
We will address this point and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.
Tri Cities
Reviewed May 24, 2013

When entering the property you get the feeling of wow, what a nice place! Very nice landscaping & evening lighting. Parking lot ample and well lit also. Free from litter.

Upon entering the foyer you really get the impression you are in a higher caliber hotel.
Very nicely redone from the after math of hurricane Irene which ruined most of the first floor I am told.

The decor is tasteful and beautiful! High quality elements have used to create an opulent ambiance throughout the entire hotel.

The reception staff has been friendly & wonderful... the housekeeping as well.....anything I needed I ask for & was given without hesitation.

Staff great with information for local resources to meet my needs.

I felt very welcomed here!

Rooms are generous.I understand there are others even larger.
Kitchen is comfortable and ample for even a family.
Cleaned appropriately.
Nice linens. A heavy duvet & light comforter style blanket and generously large / comfortable beds with lots of pillows!
Bathrooms & tubs are large step ups & deep and also have appropriate grab bars.
Hair blow dryer too.

Continental breakfast.
No Elevator.
Food on premises not for a food snob like myself. But did cook my own food in kitchen in the room. Perfect for me! :)

I feel overall the property is well maintained.
As with any property of this size it is an ongoing work in progress for the small maintenance details. There were crews in doing the small things during my stay.

Overall I feel the room rate here is quite reasonable for the area.

There are shopping & eatery establishments within 1 mile of the hotel.
Quaint little towns within a 20 mile or less radius.

Oh, the river runs along the back side of the hotel. Great for a walk or quiet meditation!

I have stayed at Hilton's that were no where near this nice!

DO ASK FOR A NON SMOKING ROOM WHEN YOU REGISTER !
First Floor is ALL NON Smoking.
Second floor is a mix and you may smell it from other rooms in hallway.

It is the one thing I wish NJ would abolish....smoking in public places. Restaurants / Bars & Hotels! etc

Room Tip: DO ASK FOR A NON SMOKING ROOM WHEN YOU REGISTER ! First Floor is ALL NON Smoking. Second floor i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Angel_UberLiciousArt
Tom P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Angela,

I really an appreciated for your wonderful review, i am very pleased to see you experienced the best at our hotel and you liked our landscaping,parking lot,evening lights,staff and everything, we are striving for best to our each and every guest,

Thank you again for your comments...,
Brigantine, New Jersey
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Needed to be in North Jersey for one night for a medical procedure to be done early AM. This hotel was very quiet and comfortable so I was able to get to sleep early. Rooms are large beds are first rate

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank howard a
Dear Howard,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review,i am glad to see you enjoyed your saty with us,and the most important part that you felt comfortable and had a good sleep in our large guest room with updated new amenities, The guest satisfaction is our first priority and we are striving our best to experience the same to each and every guest at our hotel,

Thanks again for your comments,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for an event with my daughter. I was uneasy about my stay due to other reviews that referenced the smoke smell (why any hotel is still allowing smoking is beyond me), my daughter has asthma and I am very allergic, so we requested a non-smoking room on the first floor that had been renovated (thank you again prior reviewers!) I was relieved to find our room smelled just fine (the second floor and stairwells smelled awful), we did not have any ant issues (friends staying on the 2nd floor had many)...we were however very disappointed to find that we did NOT have a jacuzzi bathtub as the hotel advertises (actually no-one we knew in the hotel had one).

The hotel hosted a very loud and rowdy event each night of our stay, and the revelers were up and down the hallways yelling until all hours, nothing was done by management and when I complained upon leaving they were unapologetic for our disturbance. Important to note is that there is NO sound insulation in your room, we could hear everything in the hallways and every time a neighboring room used water (shower, toilet, sink) it was very loud in OUR room.

The breakfast was good (the sooner you get there, the hotter it is), however many people were slipping on the hard polished floor (we counted 6), my daughter being one of them. Nothing was done until I mentioned a lawsuit (and suddenly a cone was put there).

The exercise room is a joke. The elliptical is not functional, and neither are the bike or weights, the only working machine is the treadmill!

The staff (with the exception of dining staff at breakfast) were very rude and unhelpful, starting with reservations and ending with the manager! The location is great as it is near many restaurants and was just where we needed to be for our event. I rated this average because our room was fine (my main worry coming in was smoke and we avoided those areas), however I would not stay here again due to the staff.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room on the first floor that has been re-modeled and is non-smoking. The furth...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Love19791977
Franklin Square, New York
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Attended a weekend children's event at this place. It was full of black ants and loud drunks, on both nights of our stay. The one restaurant in the hotel had maybe 6 tables, all located past the loud bar, and the restaurant smelled awful. The one elevator in the hotel was so small it could not even fit a standard small motorized scooter or stroller. Good luck staying here if you are disabled, or have a stroller. Both nights we were there, several parties were taking place, and the hotel management did nothing about loud drunks carousing in the halls till after 3 am. The breakfast buffet the hotel provides (for 8.95 a person), was edible, except for the cold cereal and milk. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

#3 of 6 in Wayne
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area

Been to Best Western Regency House Hotel? Share your experiences!