Best Western Regency House Hotel
$74
Comfort Inn(Fairfield)
$99
$149
All reviewshigh school reunionhot breakfastpleasant stayrooms are largenew jerseyregency housebweventmicrowavebanquetnjhighwayroutenycplainsjackie
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed a night at this Best Western hotel because it was recommended to us by a couple of locals we know. I'm glad they suggested this hotel -- even if it wasn't perfect.

Both stays had us on the second level. Stay number one had us in a normal room and number two included a kitchenette. Both rooms were physically clean, though room 1 had a subtle yet funky scent to it and room 2's bathroom could use some minor repairs (loose door handle, staining around the tub's outer edge).

The rooms were quiet and comfortable, however, and my wife and I both slept very well.

The hotel lobby is quite nice and is a bit of a wow factor for those entering the building for the first time. Hotel staff is attentive and helpful (which is a plus for hotels like these). The free hot breakfast was tasty and included (powdered) eggs, sausage, bagels/toast, waffels, and so on. The coffee this hotel serves is sub-standard, however, so those of us who demand at least above-average coffee will be taking a trip to the Dunkin Doughnuts a few blocks down the road for something palatable.

Should we find ourselves in this part of New Jersey again, we'd likely entertain staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The room was nice, spacious. A little dusty in someplace( behind the bedside table, corner etc) Make sure you get the first floor for non smoking room. Beware that it might get noisy when they have wedding/ or some events going on.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stay here alot. the staff is super friendly-they already know me by name & the type of room I prefer. Rooms could be updated, but they have jacuzzis in every room and that's a great plus! They recently added room service so that is also a plus. Rooms good sized, always have microwave & fridge. Overall, I keep coming back!

Room Tip: they refurbished downstairs so all smoking rooms upstairs(no elevator). However, those upstairs rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank rc1629
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised from our one night stay at this hotel. It was late at night when my two teenage sons (17 & 15) and I checked in without a reservation. We were visiting a distant relative in the neighboring town and decided to spend the night in a hotel before heading back to our home in Baltimore, Maryland. The property is nicely situated far enough away from the highway and offers a pretty gazebo and wide expanse of lawn as you enter. The lobby is very pretty. The desk clerk did not smile nor greet us with any warmth. In fact, she hardly interacted with me at all and was almost robotic in her mannerisms. She barely looked up when she asked for my credit card, never asked if I wanted smoking or non-smoking until I mentioned that my son has asthma and that we would need a non-smoking clean room. Additionally, she should have asked if we had AAA, which she did not. She did give me a discoun however, as we were not staying for breakfast and did not need the vouchers. The room was very nicely appointed and clean. The beds extremely comfortable and Jose (in housekeeping) was very polite. He promptly brought in the roll away that we needed and made it up for us. SUMMARY: A very nice property to stay in for families and business travelers. CONS: Front end staff needs to be a bit more warmer and friendlier.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a clean, quiet, safe hotel. I have stayed here several times. The rooms are large, the beds are usually very comfortable, hot water always works and they have a large selection of TV channels. Its has a little wear and tear and they sometimes have leaky water problems but the people running it are good and they try to take care of you. I never eat the breakfast. I would never come here for a romantic evening but it's good for a family or person that just needs a place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business