“convenient, comfortable....disorganised”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Port Saint Joe, Florida
“convenient, comfortable....disorganised”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

the room we had was a kitchenette King.. the bed was comfortable the amenities of the kitchenette were great...they had everything ..even though we only stayed one nite and just used the fridge to keep drinks cold.. the condition of the hotel and lack of restaurant were two HUGE flaws.. it looked like it was in stages of a great renovation...but much spackle and unfinished carpeting, painting etc was found about. The advertised restaurant was not there "yet" and the 24 hr gym was closed.the handles on the tub were very poorly designed and both my husband I did burn ourselves trying to navigate the delivery of both the tub and shower water..

Room Tip: go somewhere else or call before you go to make sure all of what you want is currently available.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jennron8694

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Smyrna
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Nice looking property...well kept and clean inside and out. Quick check-in and courteous staff. The room was large, well appointed, and most importantly clean (we chose non-smoking, and there was no hint of smoke smell...even in the halls). The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious and clean. Nice size TV mounted on the wall made it relaxing to watch. The only problem was that there was no hot breakfast (apparently the chef had problems and was late getting to work...the hot food was arriving when we were leaving). I visit this area a few times each year, and will definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank D F
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Maids hollering up and down the stairs, plus up and down the corridors - all morning and well into the evening. At breakfast, ordered to sit next to the staff who were holding a meeting. I did not want to hear who was going to clean what while I was eating. Ants crawling on food table. No internet service (though they advertise they have it). When we complained, we were told to go to the business center. We were told over the phone this property has recently been renovated. NOT True. Well, the first floor may have been but it was closed, as was the fitness center. So, effectively, there is no internet, no fitness center, no elevator. Do not be deceived by their false advertising. (The elevator was blocked by a table on its side and we were advised not to use it.)

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Colette P
Tomp p, Front Office Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Good Morning.Thank you for your honest and outright feedback.We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.The hotel staff has been strictly advised as a policy not to utilize the breakfast room.The same has been reiterated before the response to your complaint.The breakfast served is the best in the area so we reassure you that we wouldnt want to tarnish this effort with minor mishaps.
We did have issues with the Wifi on March 22nd 2012 that was a temporary glitch and was reported and fixed.We do assure that the internet services have been functioning unhampered till this recent interference.
The fitness center is well equipped but hasn't been utilized.It is fully functional and can be used at any time.Any interruptions in service are temporary in nature.
You are welcome to visit us in the future and reinspect the concerns.Thank you once again and have a good day

Travelers are raving about these Pompton Plains hotels

Long Island City, New York, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I made reservations at this hotel in Jan 2012, called them on the check-in date and was told that my rooms were waiting on me. Upon arriving at the hotel I proceeded to the desk to check in and was told that my room was cancelled and that they made me a reservation at a Holiday Inn 15 miles away. I was furious because I was just told by Sala twenty minutes before I arrive that my rooms were waiting on me and no one called me to tell me differently. I expressed my disappointment to the guest service rep who really didn't care in the beginning about what I was saying, yet he continued checking other guest in. I couldn't figure out why i was bumped out of my room but other people was coming in checking in after me. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there was not any on the primises but my reservations at the Holiday Inn was waiting on me. I explained to him it has been 1.5hrs, I drove from South Carolina, was

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fair Lawn, NJ
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I was looking into area hotels for an upcoming High School reunion and my husband and I stayed the evening to check the place out. The outside of the place was a little shabby, but the reception area is pretty nice. There was an event going on in one of the rooms, which was right outside the lobby so I had high hopes that this place would suit my needs.
Our room was on the second floor, and luckily we were only staying for the night and had one small bag as there was no elevator to the second floor where our room was situated. We reserved a "suite" which did have a separate sitting area, however it was obvious that a single room was turned into a suite by adding a glass divider in the room and putting a small love seat and a chair in the other area of the room. There as a refrigerator and microwave, and 2 TVs, which was nice and the tub in the bathroom was jetted, but the overall quality of the room had a bit to be desired.
Overall, the place was okay. I wouldn't be in a rush to go back, but if I HAD to, I would stay there again. This wasn't up to my standards as far as having our HS reunion goes, but I've also seen worse places.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharmon99
colleyville tx
Reviewed January 1, 2012

super convenient location if you have a reason to be in the area. major highways; rt 23, rt 80, rt 287, and rt 46 all within 5-10 min. new york city about 35-40 min away.
1st floor under renovation but should be done in a month or so. 2nd floor renovated a few yrs ago.
nice breakfast (free) including eggs and breakfast meat, not just pastry.
hotel staff very nice and accomodating.

Room Tip: if it's a weekend where they may have a wedding or other event, you might want to ask for a room...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Residence Inn Wayne
#2 of 7 in Wayne
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn

Been to Best Western Regency House Hotel? Share your experiences!