“Nice local spot - worth a try!”

Chanos Latin Kitchen
Description: CHANOS is a vibrant celebration of the diverse cuisine of Mexico & Latin America! A family owned fast-casual kitchen, using fresh natural ingredients. We take great pride in our mouthwatering approachable menu, with recipes that we love and have perfected for you. WARNING: ADDICTION IS INEVITABLE
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I first went to Chano's with a friend on a Friday night and it was so packed we decided to go somewhere else. That being said, I had really high hopes because it was so busy.

(note: I spent a lot of time in SoCal so my standard for tacos may be higher than the average Jersey girl)

I ended up picking up dinner a week or two later and was mildly disappointed. Tried a chicken, a shrimp, and a fish taco. They were good, don't get me wrong, but I was not blown away. Ingredients were definitely fresh and everything was made to order. I felt that there was not enough substance to the tacos; each bite was mostly tortilla. Guacamole was a little bland and a small portion. Chips were restaurant made and had plenty of seasoning. Prices were very reasonable: all of the above for just under $15.

It is a new restaurant, independently owned, and everyone was very friendly. I do recommend, and I will definitely be back as I would like to try some of their other menu items. Perhaps I just caught them on an off night!

Natalia Y, Social Media at Chanos Latin Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thanks for your review! Sorry to read our food did not live up to your standards and you were not blown away. Glad you intend to try other menu items, see you soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

New place in pompton lakes and the food is great!
The surf and turf burrito was amazing
The sauces are very fresh.
I have been back twice since first visit and will be back again.

Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed our food, see you soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2017

This is a fun place with a delightful owner. It's VERY tiny with seating for maybe ten and some seating on bar stools. It's VERY casual--not a place for fine dining! You go up to the counter and choose from their extensive list of foods as you would in a fast food place. The shrimp tacos were good--a little on the spicy side, though we asked for "non-spicy". The beef empanada was delicious and different from others we've tried. The nachos were good. The prices are fair and since you buy "per" empanada or "per" taco, you can put together your own variety of foods, which will then be brought to your table. The many salsas available were tasty. We were given a taste of the black bean soup, which was delicious. We also tried the cheesecake bites and the flan. The flan is of the more solid, less custard-y type and is very good. This is worth a try if you're in the area.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! Yes, our Chipotle Glazed Shrimp has a bit of spice to it, sorry if that was recommended when you asked for "non-spicy". Glad you enjoyed our food!