“I hope the owner reads this review.”
Review of Captain Ed's Place - CLOSED

Captain Ed's Place
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“I hope the owner reads this review.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We have been to This restaurant quite a few times over the last 10 years. I have always enjoyed eating there but over time certain things seem to crop up in an annoying fashion. First waitresses should not be allowed To smoke when on duty. I don't know where they go to do it but when we were greeted by our Waitress after being seated she smelled like the inside of an ashtray. For appetizers my wife chose the crab and lobster bisque which she always enjoys, I opted for Perogies which were disappointingly deep-fried rather than sautéed in butter. For entrées my wife chose the Fisherman feast and I opted for the fillet mignon on the stone. I guess what annoys me is that the same Entrée is cooked in the kitchen is two dollars less than if you cook it yourself on the stone. Doesn't seem to make sense to me that if I'm doing all the work why should I pay two dollars more. Nevertheless the amount of vegetables that they provide for stone cooking is less than paltry. Basically consists of Some chopped up onions garlic peppers shredded carrots. I also find annoying is the fact that if you want your steak with Montréal seasoning charge you a dollar more. In my opinion this is always been a very nice restaurant which Have lost touch with the consumer. Now seems to be nickel and diming you throughout the menu. They charge two dollars more for blackened items et cetera. I think management needs to take a step back and realize that over an entire dinner service a extra $25 a night isn't really helping them but only hurting The perception a diner has of the
Overall experience.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Alamanga

Howell, New Jersey
“A bit of a disappointment”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were early to Captain Ed's 4:35 Pm. The 4 of us & a baby were sat right away. We ordered after a few min. @ appetizers 1 was the fried calamari Excellent, the other was mussels in white sauce (awful they took it off the bill). @ people had steak cooked to their liking, 1 had crab claw clusters also very good. I had grilled Swordfish (very fishy with a very salty sauce). Overall, I don't know if they had any specials for the evening, they hadn't offered any. At first didn't know if there were any sides with the entrees( yes there are). Being that I work in Point pleasant I thought I'd try a local merchant. Probably will not be going back anytime soon.

• Visited June 2013
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stick with a sure thing!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We just had an early Mother's Day dinner here this year and were VERY pleased. We had been there before on an Easter and a few other times and had been happy. I started calling places to find something new but I shouldn't have waisted all that time. When I called Catain Ed's they were quick to call me back, extremely friendly and accomodating on the phone and it made me excited to go back. We made a 3pm reservation, as they opened at 3pm for Mother's Day. They usually open at 4:30. We were one of two tables at 3 and I assumed it was because many did not know about the early opening. At 4:30 the place started to fill. We had fantastic food. I had the Captains Combo and there was a ton of food. I had never had King Crab Legs before, and was I pleased! It also came with a huge steak which was done to perfection, shrimp and scallops. This was after sharing mussles and buffalo scallops for an appitizer. We all ordered different things and every one was very happy. Stick with a sure thing and go to Captain Ed's! Love it!

• Visited May 2013
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great place to go with friends!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had dinner here for the first time last night with friend. We went for our husbands birthdays and we wanted a BYOB resturant. I was happy to learn that they sold Cream Ridge Winery Wines! I bought two! The appetizers were delicious. The waitress Margaret was hilarious and very helpful as we didnt understand the whole "STONE" cooking. You get your entree raw and you cook it as you eat on this huge hot stone. We all decided to do this option and it was so delicious and so different. We all enjoyed every bite. After dinner they gave sailor hats or our husbands and sang happy birthday. That was just funny and great! The food was amazing the waitress Margaret had us laughing all night but all of the staff there was very nice, as we did close down the place -and I would go back there again tomorrow. So if you want great food but a casual night out - this is the place to go!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Shannon C
New Jersey
“ALL HANDS ON DECK!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you like steak cooked on the stone in front of you, then Captain Ed's is your place. Solid seafood from local waters. Have your birthday here and you get an authentic sailor hat to wear during your meal. Quirky place with fish tanks in the walls that will keep the kids entertained and the adults happy!

Visited August 2012