“Cozy, warm, inviting & delicious!!”

Frankie's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in after a visit to the Jenkinsons Acquarium on a brisk fall day. We were seated by the fireplace & right away the place felt homey & welcoming. The staff was hospitable, the other patrons friendly & of course the food matched -- in a word WONDERFUL. I've never seen my "picky eater" daughter eat a foot long hot dog but she did that night & my chili was divine. Great experience, would go again.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We purchased food from this stand @ the festival and their foot long hot dogs are slamming! We also had a shrimp cocktail, the shrimp were huge and cooked perfectly!! Defintely worth a trip back to eat @ their place!!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nice staff, good variety, good food and certainly enough of it. Prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is fun. Food is much better than their counterpart in Sea Girt.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I live locally. I got food poisoning more than once there. I have friends who have also been sick. This place is crowded. Very noisy. When i was 22 that would not have bothered me,but now if i cant talk to you while we eat dinner I dont want to go there. The food is only mediocre and not worth the.noise,aggravation or food poisoning. There are so many better places in point pleasant to go eat with a better view and better food.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I dined here upon the recommendation of friends and family who live in the area. Although this establishment is not on the beaten path (off of Arnold Street) you couldn't ask for a better dining experience. The interior of the restaurant is decorated more or less along "Italian lines", but it could just as easily recast it as an Irish pub. Interior is warm, friendly, and inviting.

The geometry of the restaurant wraps itself around a huge bar in the center of the establishment , and the bar area is bounded by large flat panels broadcasting local and national sporting events. The flat panels are oriented for viewing by the bar patrons, who all seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely. The flat panels are not really viewable from any of the dining rooms, and took nothing away from the dining experience enjoyed by the other restaurant patrons.

Now to the dining experience itself. Since it was not a good "beach day" (heavy showers, thunder showers, and flooding in the area), my wife and I settled in and decided to try any number of things on the menu. For appetizers - we began with the "three mushroom and barley soup" (one of the specials of the day), a crock of the onion soup, an appetizer order of onion rings, and clams on the half-shell. (I told you we were in no rush.) ALL of these items were exceptional - which proved to be the true for the balance of all of the items we sampled while in the restaurant.

For main courses, my wife enjoyed a "lunch portion" of one of the daily specials - crab stuffed flounder in a white sauce with mashed potatoes and broccoli. What is interesting about this meal is that my wife asked our waitress "Robin" (who did an exceptional job of seeing to our dining needs) "What is the size of the dinner portions?" Robin replied, "They are quite large." My wife asked Robin if she might be able to order a "lunch size" portion. Robin's response was quick and cheerful, "Sure, I'll speak to the Chef and the Manager and I am sure that we can accommodate you." Now THAT's service!

As for myself, after having been at the shore for a couple of weeks on vacation, I was pretty much "fished out" in terms of dining. What I wanted was something of "substance." Frankly, the hamburgers at Frankie's are HUGE...and I was sorely tempted to order one. I opted instead for another "Frankie Famous" menu choice, one of their "open-faced" sandwiches - in this case, the Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Cole Slaw. Wonderful!! It was just what the doctor ordered.

And now for the best part...including drinks....our meal total came to $51.00 including drinks. We had nothing to complain about there either.

So....bottom-line....if you want an exceptional dining experience, in a nice, friendly atmosphere.....and excellent service......look no further than "Frankie's".

5  Thank Robert H