“Never dissapoints”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Never dissapoints”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently went to Europa for our anniversary. As we are locals we frequent this restaurant several times a year and it never dissapoints. The food and service is always impeccable. I recently had surgery and needed to stay a bit on the bland side for food. I ordered the chicken in madeira wine sauce. It was truly scrumptious! Who knew that chicken could be so good! Their homemade sangria is always wonderful. Stick with the basic red though. We ordered the house specialty this time and it was way stronger than the basic red. I also prefer the taste of the basic red sangria as well. Can't wait to go back. They now have a whole roasted pig every first Sunday of the month. We will definately be eating that!

• Visited August 2013

Newburgh, NY
“Still a great meal”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I go to Europa south every time I am in Point Pleasant Beach. This store does get busy, I love the family feel and the long time employees. The menu is big and good. Local folks do eat here, and are well known by the staff. Music and bar are nice. don't miss this one

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Newburgh_NYJohn
Frederick
“Europa'd in”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I found this restaurant by searching for Portuguese food/ music in the Point Pleasant, NJ area. Though we had an okay time there it was not what I thought it would be. We went on a Saturday night because we wanted live music. We's stopped by in the afternoon the previous day to check the menu ( which is posted outside for easy access).While we looked we enjoyed Fado music, piped outside, which we very much enjoyed. So, we were very didappointed that the live music during our meal was very dissimilar. Played on an electric keyboard it was like any you would hear at an average bar. The food was good. They offer a selection of Portuguese fare. We thought the prices were a bit high for the offerings. The wait staff were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgable of the menu. It gets busy in the evenings, we waited for about 15-20 minutes to be seated. If I knew the music was not going to be authentic Portugese music we would have gone for lunch , since the menu offerings are similar to the dinner menu but markedly less expensive. Don't get roped in by the outside music as you won't hear it inside.

• Visited August 2013
Highlands, New Jersey
“Pleasant surprise for one who does not like Portuguese food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Happened to be there for the Festival of the Sea and tried out this restaurant. The atmosphere was noisy in the front, however we were led to the back of the restaurant where it was much more quitter. The food was excellent! The gravy they used for the special pork dish of the day was so good. I want the recipe! Instead of French fries we asked for the saffron rice which I have had in the past. It was so light and fluffy and delicious. The Pork was so tender it came apart with a fork. On the whole the meal was delicious! The Sangria was the only disappointment. Not enough of ingredients in it and bland tasting. The service was excellent and the waiters and waitresses were very nice. Will definitely go there again.

• Visited September 2013
ny
“Disappointing food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Tastiest part of meal was the free bread and butter, and the dessert.
I had escargot as appetizer and have definitly had better. Asked waitor what signature dishes were and he made recommendations. He suggested dish which was similiar to paella, with green sauce, it tasted like fish in water with slight taste of garlic....I had hard time eating it as i did not enjoy it at all.
Try some place else for tasty food.

• Visited September 2013