“Nice - Decent food - Lovely view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jenkinson's Pavillion Restaurant

Jenkinson's Pavillion Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Nice - Decent food - Lovely view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped here for lunch after a trip with grandkids to Jenkinson's Aquarium because it was right there, and we had never been to Pt. Pleasant before. (We've always been "Seaside-goers"). The front of the Pavilion has fast food, and the back is a lovely spacious sit-down restaurant area with a great view of the beach and ocean (see pics). While the food was good, it wasn't outstanding or overwhelmingly impressive. I was disappointed that they did not have my beach favorite - fried clams - but they did have calamari, which was fine. It did not come with tartar sauce, but they were able to bring me that when I asked. We ordered the tequila lime shrimp salad, and I have to say that the shrimp were rubbery and the lime was overpowering. I would suggest tweaking the dressing recipe a little or even offering different dressing options. The nachos were excellent, however.

The waitress was very efficient and friendly, but seemed surprised at any additional requests, like olives on the salad, extra dressing, and tartar sauce.

They do say they add a 20% gratuity if you have six or more people, which we did. I checked the bill, and they didn't add it, though. The waitress said she had decided to leave it up to us. (I did leave 20%.)

I did like this place a lot, but next time I'm there I think I'll check out some other places, specifically ones that might have fried clams! (I wish the menu had a few more basic items on it.)

• 5 of 5 bubbles

woodbridge
“Food and menu are lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere especially if you eat outside, the food however was not great, I ordered a burger with what was supposed to be portobello mushrooms and looked like green giant from a can. Instead of fries they serve it with chips. My sister in law ordered penne with chicken and vodka sauce the chicken was undercooked. Even the kids chicken fingers were awful.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jenkinsond Pavillion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I will eat no. where else. The food at all the concessions is fresh and delicious. The coffee bar is also my favorite place to get a hot or a cold drink. Best bagels around, for a quick breakfast. If you need a quick snack or a cold beer, see Doreen at the Bar. The place is welcoming, friendly, and fun way to spend any day.

Visited July 2013
Clifton, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch by the water....great times!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Convenient, friendly and reasonable prices. It can be very crowded at times, yet everyone always appears to have a great time.

Middletown, New York
“Ate in on beachside seating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great crab cakes, great prices for the quality of food. Definitely have been missing out. Go to the back where the full restraint in located and be shocked by live music, great food, and the ocean breeze on the shading outdoor patio. Amazing food!

Visited July 2013