“Fabulous!”

Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty in Point Pleasant Beach is situated in one of the Jersey Shore's most unique locations. Nestled on Channel Drive between the commercial lobster and fishing boats with stunning views of Manasquan River & inlet islands, this fresh seafood and steak house has, since 1955, been a favorite destination for locals and visitors alike. Completely renovated after Hurricane Sandy in 2013, the Lobster Shanty boosts a one of a kind water view setting, warm decor, exceptional food and experienced service. The Lobster Shanty serves a wonderful classic American menu featuring the freshest in local ingredients including lobster, seafood, steaks and chops. With an impressive wine list, romantic atmosphere & breathtaking views, the Lobster Shanty is more than simply dining, it's a one of a kind, Jersey Shore experience.
Reviewed December 27, 2017

This was Christmas Eve and the restaurant was extremely busy but the way you were treated you would think you were the only table! It was only 4 of us but they assigned us 2 wait staff and we never lacked for anything. The drinks came out fast, the food came out steaming and they made sure we had everything we needed. Food was delicious, portion sizes very adequate, everything was great!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We dined here for the $32.17 restaurant week special. We were visiting the area and did not know what to expect from the "Shanty". We arrived to find a lovely restaurant that was far above the "shanty" we expected!

The restaurant week deal was fantastic. We had the mussels and the bisque for appetizers and for our entrees we had the triple lobster tails and the double lobster tail and fried shrimp. Both meals were much larger than we expected and were absolutely delicious! The blueberry cobbler for dessert was more than we could finish.

Our waiter was excellent as well (wish I could remember his name!) and was very attentive.

I would return if I were in the area again, although the regular menu prices were a bit high.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed August 17, 2017

I recently ate at Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty in Point Pleasant Beach. This restaurant used to be a popular, busy place to eat dinner.. Although the view of the Manasquan River is great, the food was fair. At our table, people had chicken, fish, and ribs and they all only half eaten. I must say, however, that the view was wonderful and the service was good.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We have 3 children. I wouldn't recommend taking kids. My kids are very well behaved but you could tell they were an inconvenience. Waitress wasn't friendly. I got steak, worst steak i had ate on our trip. It was overcooked & tough. My husband had the fishermans platter & he said it was really good. The view is nice but we won't go back. In my opinion, it's overpriced. I don't mind paying if it's good food. It's very clean.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We were a table of six, a little tight but ok. We started with apps, clams casino, coconut shrimp and crab/shrimp fondue. They were good for the most part, the shrimp was a bit greasy. The dinner was ok, I have had great meals here, but the tuna was really over cooked and the crab cakes were not tasty at all. The scallops were very good. Just not on par that you expect from the Lobster Shanty.

Date of visit: August 2017