“Great fishing experience, strange cleaning schedule...”

Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Try a new adventure and let the 85' Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters take you out to the open seas catching Big Bluefish and Striped Bass. Fall 2017 climb aboard the Newest Boat in the Fleet! 85' Fast, Clean Queen Mary!
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a really great time on this boat! The captain and deckhands were all fantastic and knew their stuff about finding and catching the fish. We had caught plenty to bring home and cook for a few days!
Although our boat was full, unfortunately, we had a good handful of newbies who ended up getting quite sick on the way out. After the fishing excursion, on our way back in, the deckhands started to wash down the boat, forcing everyone to move from one side to the other, then inside the boat, until they were done. Once finished, everything was soaked and there was no where to sit any more, except for inside, which held all of the poor sick people and not enough room for everyone. I had asked one of the deckhands why they couldn't wait to clean the boat until everyone had gotten off at the dock, and he said that they rinse it down with salt water first, and then at the dock, clean it with fresh water. But again I asked why not wait till at the dock, when everyone could exit the boat, and he responded by saying it would take longer and they'd be there an extra hour at the dock cleaning... this way, they already knocked off an hour of cleaning.
I was kind of surprised at this, and the overall experience on the boat was really great, but to end the trip on the way back, moving all around the boat, and then not having anywhere to sit until getting back to the dock was a little disappointing, and strange. I've been on other fishing boats off the shore before, and this was the first I'd ever been on that they started washing down the boat WHILE we were still on it, and while they were still trying to filet the fish off the back.

1  Thank Jill F
Dave R, Owner at Queen Mary Party Fishing Boat & Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2015

First of all, I appreciate the great review -- sorry for the delayed response. I'm really pumped you had a good time fishing with us -- we didn't mean to cause any confusion about cleaning the boat, though. We try to get things done efficiently around here, and we've found that it works best for everyone to clean the boat before we dock. For those that don't get seasick, we want to make sure the boat is in tip-top shape. Sounds like we could've communicated that better throughout the process. Again, I'm so glad you had a great time with us. Hope you'll consider us for your next trip!

All the best,
Capt. Dave

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is the second time I went blue fishing on the Queen Mary. Both times, the captain and the crew were very professional yet friendly and helpful. The poles and lure are all provided for you so you don't have to bring anything. There is a large cabin with tables and seating so you can bring your lunch and eat it on the way out or back. They use radar to find the school and just about everyone caught at least one fish. Some people caught 15 (limit). On the way back, the crew clean and fillet the fish for you so all you have to do is take it home and cook it, or freeze it, since you will probably have more fish than you know what to do with. I highly recommend the Queen Mary, they know what they are doing! There's nothing worse than chartering a trip with some amateur operation, paying a lot of money, and coming home with nothing, that's happened to me plenty of times, but not on the queen Mary in Point Pleasant.