The Atlantic Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
$84
The Tower Cottage B&B(Point Pleasant Beach)
$361
Casa Del Mar(Point Pleasant Beach)
$200
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $258/night.

Sand Pebble Motor Lodge(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$299
$186
Shore Point Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$128
Pelican Point Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$285
Amethyst Beach Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$194
  • Pool
Point Pleasant Manor(Point Pleasant Beach)
$189
$176
Broadway Court Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Beachfront
All reviewspool area was very nicediscount passesmicrowave and fridgeclean roomslounge chairs
Reviewed July 18, 2006

We booked a weekend stay at the Dunes Motel for a bachelorette party. We weren't expecting the world, mostly just a clean place to sleep and shower.

Upon our arrival, things didn't seem too bad. The front desk clerk wasn't exactly pleasant, but we got our keys and checked into the room, which was small, dark, humid and reeked of must and mildew. The bathroom was miniature and the shower was no bigger than a locker. Try shaving your legs for the beach in there! Also, there were very few outlets in the room, and a sign advised that blow driers should not be operated while the air conditioner was running. Not a very reassuring prospect.

Our real problems didn't come until later in the evening. My friend and I were outside on the "patio," and the front desk clerk was also out there with about a dozen friends, hosting a little party. They were monopolizing all but one chair, so I walked to the pool area to see if there was another chair available for paying customers.The clerk barked at me that the pool was closed and I should get away from it. I wouldn't have dreamed of swimming in that pool after seeing what the rooms looked like, and as I was fully dressed, it was clear that I had no intention of jumping in. Incidentally, there were no signs posted as to the pool's hours of operation.

As it was getting late, the clerk's party seemed to break up, and my friend and I were outside talking in hushed tones when he demanded our silence. Meanwhile, there were other guests upstairs who were literally shouting and laughing. After paying more than $200 a night to stay in this hovel, I was at the end of my rope and the conversation became heated and nasty. I couldn't believe how this man was speaking to a customer!

A little while later, he returned to us with a half-hearted apology, explaining how he didn't want any trouble. Needless to say, I didn't have a whole lot to say to him, except a request for more towels.

The next morning, housekeeping was at the door bright and early. When I advised them through the door that we were sleeping and to please come back later, the key began to turn in the lock. In defense of the housekeeping staff, it seemed there was a language barrier. We were very happy to get out of there and spend the day at the beach and the night on the town.

When we checked out, the clerk didn't even bother to look up as we returned our keys. We didn't wait around for him to thank us or ask us to come again! What a dump! Don't waste your money at the Dunes.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kikinj
Reviewed June 22, 2006

My sister and her friends wanted to come out here to the Jersey Coast for a few days, and since I am the only one who travels and who uses credit cards, I was chosen to be the person who brought them there. I went online and found the Dunes Motel, with a two bedroom "luxury" apartment. There are 9 of us, so it was the perfect thing, and the beach was across the street.

Well, this luxury apartment is far from luxurious, but before I list the bad, evil, and downright disgusting, I will list the good.

So the good: The room was farly clean, they had our reservation right, the suite was ready upon our arrival, the kitchen appliances work (except for the refrigerator. The freezer works well, but the fridge portion doesn't really cool things), the bathrooms were both clean to a degree, both had shower curtains that made it to the floor, both tvs and cable connections worked, the air conditioners worked very well, and they put a snazzy linsksys access point for high speed internet which works (I am using it now). The bedding and sheets were clean upon arrival, there is plenty of hot water and decent water pressure, the pool is very nice, and there is a beach across the street (during the "season" it costs six dollars a day, but off season it is free, it's close to walmart (about 10 minutes), and that was about it.

Not the not so good: The desk in the living room is missing handles, the table in the living room is cracked down the side, the big ceiling fan in the kitchen doesn't respond to the remote, there are no toiletries except for one bar of soap in each bathroom, the side "balcony" is about a foot wide and covered with sticky filth on the floor, about 1/3rd of the power outlets are nothing but decoration, the smaller bathroom is about 4' x 4', and the shower stall (2' x 2') had mold at its base, the windows do not open, the venetian blinds that cover the sliding door to the "balcony" look like a hockey players' teeth (in that half of them are missing), the door to the "master bathroom" is a sliding door, but in all actuality it's a piece of wood that goes from floor to ceiling, and it slides into a hole in the wall; it's not an actual door. In the master bedroom one of the drawers doesn't have a bottom, and the cleaning people weren't very thorough; two hours after we were here we noticed someone's baby clothes left in the dresser, and right after we found them the lady who left them came knocking at our door; very scary. There are numerous small holes in the wall. The floor is not sound proof, and every five seconds when you move a chair in the kitchen the office staff call and yell at you. The phone (this is minor, but quite humorous) does not say Dunes Motel on it; it was actually stolen from the Plaza Hotel in New York City (it says Plaza Hotel on it and even has their logo and address), the carpeting does infact turn your feet black, the kitchen chair arms fall apart everytime you sit in the chair, someone wrote in pen on the wall "FAT" and its just sitting there, there are no blinds in the master bedroom, so as soon as the sun comes up you are woken up. Most of the lightswitches don't do anything, and half of the lightbulbs don't even work. Don't bother calling the front desk about any of the above issues, they aren't really interested.

All in all, if you don't care about being near Jenkinson's, and you don't mind paying 6 dollars a day to use the beach across the street, then this is by far a good choice, but if anything matters to you, anything at all, try another property.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank MartyOrt
passaic
Reviewed May 16, 2006

Not the lowest rates in town... surprisingly enough. This place may have been a lovely stop 30 years ago, but poor or no maintenance has left it in a falling down condition. While I stayed here this year I witnessed the professional attempts at repairs (paint and plaster) sometimes in that order. Used furniture, old beds, rusty refrigerators, rent a center microwaves, and the Home Depot' "ghetto line" in bathroom accoutrements complete with extension cords and overflowing sink's. Are you thinking electrocution hazard? Shower curtain rods at the wrong height require you to mop the floor after each shower. Get the timing right and you can get some hot water. Can't imagine where the 5 star reviews came from unless it was from what I determined to be a somewhat nefarious owner whom I demanded to speak to after this nightmare. She did give a partial refund after a good amount of 'discussion'. This was the same pleasant person I booked with who assured me how clean and well kept her place was. Heard more than one 'discussion' between her other tenants while I was there as the walls are too thin to block even a low conversation. Keep private conversations on the beach, or write notes. If you've already booked, take the hit on your non refundable portion and find someplace else before the season really starts.

Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York City
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Wanted to spend a few days at the shore with family. Dunes Motel was the first place we booked. We were looking forward to our trip. Kids were excited to be at the shore.

The motel was very close to the water. The rooms were very clean and well kept. We enjoyed our stay and decided to extend it by a few days as the staff was very helpful and courteous.

This was a wonderful vacation and I hope to be there again with friends. My kids want to stay at the Dunes again. Sounds fine by me.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philidelphia
Reviewed February 3, 2006

Website was deceiving. My friends and I were happy to be spending the weekend in Point Pleasant as opposed to disgusting Seaside. However, we were let down. A group of us checked into the Dunes to find our hole in the wall flooded with grimy sewer water. Several male staff members wearing white speedo like underwear, fled the scene, like a 911 rescue squad to de-flood our room; they took large pails and scooped the water from the black carpet. With our mouths agape and knees high in flood water we were regretful we booked our weekend at this motel.

• Stayed: July 2005