All reviews pool area was very nice discount passes microwave and fridge clean rooms short drive lounge chairs
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Its a very basic motel with a pool which is clean and open til 11 pm, which some places along the shore only have their pool open til 8 or 9. The locale is great 3/4 of a mile from boardwalk a min and a half to public beach access but its not the beach you receive the discount for, that beach is about 2 mins away walking but still better than having to drive! Nice young couple running the place the young man was very helpful. Oh and don't be scared bout the reviews with bad things to say if they were issues they seem to be no longer. Great place to stay if you want a place to stay and enjoy the beach boardwalk and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at dunes hotel during July 4th weekend for a few days with my family and was so happy with the service and the hotel, I had such a great experience. The rooms were VERY clean and the staff was EXTREMELY HELPFUL! I asked for extra sheets and pillows and they provided them right away! The price was great and I plan to go back to and stay there for Labor Day weekend.

1  Thank LovetravelNYC_11
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I’ll start by first saying I was horrified by all the negative reviews of Dunes Motel online. I was NOT going to stay there. However, after reading Cisco’s, (Owner/Manager) response to all the negative feedback I decided to give the place a chance. I’ll start by saying, when I got there I did not unload my bags until I got a full view of the room. I checked BOTH beds for bedbugs; I inspected ALL furniture and found NONE. The room was clean and everything in it was functional. The staff was courteous and the owner was pleasant. In fact, he recommended great spots for us to patronize. It was great to have tables outside of our room on the patio which, lead to the pool. Although the beach is NOT two blocks away, it is not a bad walk. The entrance to the beach designated for Dunes Motel is actually about 5 or 6 city blocks away. You might want to take this in consideration if you have any ailments that prevent you from walking or if you have very young children. I would definitely stay here AGAIN!!!!! The Dunes is a great spot….. DO NOT CONFUSE IT with The Hilton. If that is the experience you’re looking for, don’t stay there. It’s a great accommodation for the price. It’s clean, the owner and staff are very courteous and helpful and it’s a place to stay!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My room was quite nice. Had 2 beds, night stand, AC, mini fridge etc. I missed the last train back in to the city and was happy I found Dunes. It was clean. The staff was friendly and they gave me a great rate since I didn't show up until after midnight. They let me and my friend use the pool after we checked out when we decided to stay at the shore a while longer before getting back to Manhattan. The pool was relaxing and clean. They had a small cabana area with tables for an outdoor lunch and the rooms I guess have been completely renovated, hard wood floors, clean bathrooms, fresh towels etc. It was money well spent and a short walk or quicker drive (we didn't have a car) to the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk. The owner was a very sweet, happy little woman and I look forward to seeing her again. Ps/ if you go in from the city, they are just around the corner from the Bayhead train station. ULTRA CONVENIENT FOR THOSE OF US WHO USE MASS TRANSIT.

Thank You, DUNES - we had a great time.

E.J M.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was my first stay at the Dunes. I have been to PPB more times than I am comfrtable admitting. I have always stayed close to the boardwalk but this time I could not get a room there so I end up stayng at Dunes Motel. Before I checked in I asked to see a room and I was shown one on the ground floor. The only thing I did not like was the wood floor ( I am carpet person) but the russian guy told me that they have carpeted rooms on upper level. since I was with my 5 yo daughter I decided to take a room downstairs and just live with the wooden floor. The rooms was clean. I even thing that the matress was new or almost new. the bathroom was small and outdated but then again most of the motels are like that in PPB. I have to be honest I really did not experience ANY of the problems that others have raged on and on here. I even think that the Dunes got the best pool in town it looked recently renovated and it was spotless. The only thing I missed was a DO NOT DISTURB sign. All and all not bad place, I will go back.

Room Tip: If you travel with kids ask for a room downstairs, it is very conveninet in regards of the pool