All reviews pool area was very nice discount passes microwave and fridge clean rooms short drive lounge chairs
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was my first stay at the Dunes. I have been to PPB more times than I am comfrtable admitting. I have always stayed close to the boardwalk but this time I could not get a room there so I end up stayng at Dunes Motel. Before I checked in I asked to see a room and I was shown one on the ground floor. The only thing I did not like was the wood floor ( I am carpet person) but the russian guy told me that they have carpeted rooms on upper level. since I was with my 5 yo daughter I decided to take a room downstairs and just live with the wooden floor. The rooms was clean. I even thing that the matress was new or almost new. the bathroom was small and outdated but then again most of the motels are like that in PPB. I have to be honest I really did not experience ANY of the problems that others have raged on and on here. I even think that the Dunes got the best pool in town it looked recently renovated and it was spotless. The only thing I missed was a DO NOT DISTURB sign. All and all not bad place, I will go back.

Room Tip: If you travel with kids ask for a room downstairs, it is very conveninet in regards of the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This place needs to be renovated. The pool was a little dirty, with garbage in it. I saw couple flys on my wall. I mean if the owner decided to clean up the place, take out the carpet and paint...it would look better. In my room I saw the carpet coming off. If your looking for just one night, stay there but, nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gzuza
Reviewed June 21, 2012

On wednesday evening my family and myself stop at the Dunes Motel, I went in and asked the price and let the young man also know we were also traveling with our little dog. I man told me that the room available was $89 a night because it only had two double beds. Because we had our dog with us they charged us an extra $40.security plus tax (that would be refuned after we checked out). This morning at check out I went over the room with a fine tooth comb to make sure it was in the condition we found it in. I found two bugs on the floor and that was it. I went in and asked for my security back and he told me that the rate was $129. and that I could look it up on the web site and we I got home I did and the room we had was $89. a night and they wrongly kept my security. It was even written on my reciept that $40 was for security. Its terrible when business run their business that way. I am very disapointed the service I recieved.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Worst experience ever!!!
They have BED BUGS! They also tried covering them up and changed the sheets to move new people right on in once we said we were leaving. They even changed the "no vacancy" sign back to "vacancy" after we took all our stuff and left. GROSSS!!!!!! Terrible workers and owner.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Angel98hy
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Do not stay here... we went for my bachelorette party and our rooms had bed bugs! the owner refused to refund us for the one night that we stayed before we had discovered them... TERRIBLE experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends