All reviewspool area was very nicediscount passesmicrowave and fridgeclean roomsshort drivelounge chairs
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This place needs to be renovated. The pool was a little dirty, with garbage in it. I saw couple flys on my wall. I mean if the owner decided to clean up the place, take out the carpet and paint...it would look better. In my room I saw the carpet coming off. If your looking for just one night, stay there but, nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gzuza
Reviewed June 21, 2012

On wednesday evening my family and myself stop at the Dunes Motel, I went in and asked the price and let the young man also know we were also traveling with our little dog. I man told me that the room available was $89 a night because it only had two double beds. Because we had our dog with us they charged us an extra $40.security plus tax (that would be refuned after we checked out). This morning at check out I went over the room with a fine tooth comb to make sure it was in the condition we found it in. I found two bugs on the floor and that was it. I went in and asked for my security back and he told me that the rate was $129. and that I could look it up on the web site and we I got home I did and the room we had was $89. a night and they wrongly kept my security. It was even written on my reciept that $40 was for security. Its terrible when business run their business that way. I am very disapointed the service I recieved.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Worst experience ever!!!
They have BED BUGS! They also tried covering them up and changed the sheets to move new people right on in once we said we were leaving. They even changed the "no vacancy" sign back to "vacancy" after we took all our stuff and left. GROSSS!!!!!! Terrible workers and owner.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Angel98hy
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Do not stay here... we went for my bachelorette party and our rooms had bed bugs! the owner refused to refund us for the one night that we stayed before we had discovered them... TERRIBLE experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kimberly P
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I've stayed at the Dune's Motel twice. Once in the summer of 2010 and once in 2011. It's a typical shore motel - old and nothing fancy, but it's close to the beach (right across the street) and within walking distance (quite a few blocks, but doable) to the boardwalk. My friends and I like to stop at the Tiki Bar on the boardwalk for a few drinks, so having a motel within walking distance is important to us. Anyone who lives in NJ knows that shore motels are old and are nothing fancy. The Jersey shore is all about the beach, the sand and the boardwalk, Unless it rains, you're only in the motel room to sleep. The motel is certainly old and "no frills" but it's in a good location and it's clean. The rooms are not large, but they are a decent size compared to some other shore motels I've stayed in. I've seen some other reviews stating that it's dirty and there are bugs, but from my experience that is simply not true. The pool is decent and also clean. As long as this is what you're expecting, it's a good value for the price compared to other motel prices in the area. I'm giving it three stars only because I would consider it is only "average", like I said, nothing fancy or special, if that's what you are looking for.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends