All reviewspool area was very nicediscount passesmicrowave and fridgeclean roomsshort drivelounge chairs
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Do not stay here... we went for my bachelorette party and our rooms had bed bugs! the owner refused to refund us for the one night that we stayed before we had discovered them... TERRIBLE experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kimberly P
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I've stayed at the Dune's Motel twice. Once in the summer of 2010 and once in 2011. It's a typical shore motel - old and nothing fancy, but it's close to the beach (right across the street) and within walking distance (quite a few blocks, but doable) to the boardwalk. My friends and I like to stop at the Tiki Bar on the boardwalk for a few drinks, so having a motel within walking distance is important to us. Anyone who lives in NJ knows that shore motels are old and are nothing fancy. The Jersey shore is all about the beach, the sand and the boardwalk, Unless it rains, you're only in the motel room to sleep. The motel is certainly old and "no frills" but it's in a good location and it's clean. The rooms are not large, but they are a decent size compared to some other shore motels I've stayed in. I've seen some other reviews stating that it's dirty and there are bugs, but from my experience that is simply not true. The pool is decent and also clean. As long as this is what you're expecting, it's a good value for the price compared to other motel prices in the area. I'm giving it three stars only because I would consider it is only "average", like I said, nothing fancy or special, if that's what you are looking for.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I was a little leery after reading some of the reviews. Before arrival I called Cisco and voiced my concerns. He told me that if I wasn't satisfied upon arrival I could cancel my reservation. I was very happy with the cleanliness if the rooms and the courteous service from Cisco and his staff. The pool was well kept and clean and right outside our door. The patio was very comfortable and we spent nights just hanging out and relaxing. The beach was right across the street, and for $8.00 a day it was awesome! We will defiantly head back to Dunes Motel next year for our girl’s weekend!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Annandfriends2011
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Me and my family wanted to take a vacation that was fun for all of us but not too costly, and we found the Dunes Motel. However, we noticed the reviews for the place and felt a bit unsure about going. The lady on the phone said that we could see if we liked the place, and if we didn't like the place, we could get a refund. So we went to the motel, and the place was actually comfortable and lively. Me and my wife decided that it wasn't like the reviews made it out to be, and we stayed. This was a great decision, for we had a lot of fun at the beach and boardwalk. The room had 2 beds, which was enough room for us, and it was nice and clean.We had great fun cooling off in the pool and earning prizes at the boardwalk, and we look forward to coming again in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Nick_Stein
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Filthy, old, dirty, smelly, disgusting, old, broken, dirty, photos are a JOKE, dirty, staff unbelievable and barely spoke English, rude, demanding, rude, NOT helpful, rude...
a true nightmare- DO NOT STAY HERE~ even if it is free! why did I stay: only because I had no choice and cancellation did not include a refund. We were ACUSSED of breaking the already dilapidated bed- insane! We hardly could sleep for the bugs and noise and images of the filth. This DUMP does not even deserve one circle!

Room Tip: for the best room- do not stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank HelpfulHazel
SyscoG, Manager at Dunes Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Dear Readers,

At the outset let me thank all our reviewers who have posted on our site.
Over the last decade of running our establishment we have received some great reviews and of course also
have had our share of the "not so good ones". However the recent spurt of nasty reviews which have flooded
the Internet is pure and simple retaliation by a group of guests who inflicted damage on the hotel property and
when charged for the same, refused to pay and threatened that they will trash us on the web.
This smearing campaign is a clear reflection of their dissatisfaction at being charged for the damages.

We have been in the hospitality business since the last three decades and are the first to admit that we have had service and product issues in the past. ( I am sure the Waldorf Astoria has had their share too.!)
I am proud of the fact that we have a quaint and charming property with well-appointed rooms, a good size swimming pool and a patio with umbrellas and lounge chairs, and we most certainly do not have "holes in the walls"!!

We beseech our discerning guests and readers to be fair and give us a chance to go about our business in keeping with the tradition of warm American hospitality. This tradition reflects in our long list of repeat guests who have come again and again
over the last ten years.

Thank you for your understanding in the matter.

The Management