All reviewspool area was very nicediscount passesmicrowave and fridgeclean roomsshort drivelounge chairs
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Me and my family wanted to take a vacation that was fun for all of us but not too costly, and we found the Dunes Motel. However, we noticed the reviews for the place and felt a bit unsure about going. The lady on the phone said that we could see if we liked the place, and if we didn't like the place, we could get a refund. So we went to the motel, and the place was actually comfortable and lively. Me and my wife decided that it wasn't like the reviews made it out to be, and we stayed. This was a great decision, for we had a lot of fun at the beach and boardwalk. The room had 2 beds, which was enough room for us, and it was nice and clean.We had great fun cooling off in the pool and earning prizes at the boardwalk, and we look forward to coming again in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Nick_Stein
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Filthy, old, dirty, smelly, disgusting, old, broken, dirty, photos are a JOKE, dirty, staff unbelievable and barely spoke English, rude, demanding, rude, NOT helpful, rude...
a true nightmare- DO NOT STAY HERE~ even if it is free! why did I stay: only because I had no choice and cancellation did not include a refund. We were ACUSSED of breaking the already dilapidated bed- insane! We hardly could sleep for the bugs and noise and images of the filth. This DUMP does not even deserve one circle!

Room Tip: for the best room- do not stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank HelpfulHazel
SyscoG, Manager at Dunes Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Dear Readers,

At the outset let me thank all our reviewers who have posted on our site.
Over the last decade of running our establishment we have received some great reviews and of course also
have had our share of the "not so good ones". However the recent spurt of nasty reviews which have flooded
the Internet is pure and simple retaliation by a group of guests who inflicted damage on the hotel property and
when charged for the same, refused to pay and threatened that they will trash us on the web.
This smearing campaign is a clear reflection of their dissatisfaction at being charged for the damages.

We have been in the hospitality business since the last three decades and are the first to admit that we have had service and product issues in the past. ( I am sure the Waldorf Astoria has had their share too.!)
I am proud of the fact that we have a quaint and charming property with well-appointed rooms, a good size swimming pool and a patio with umbrellas and lounge chairs, and we most certainly do not have "holes in the walls"!!

We beseech our discerning guests and readers to be fair and give us a chance to go about our business in keeping with the tradition of warm American hospitality. This tradition reflects in our long list of repeat guests who have come again and again
over the last ten years.

Thank you for your understanding in the matter.

The Management

Reviewed July 26, 2011

This motel is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. We wanted to find a place to stay for one night that wasn't ridiculously expensive. What a big mistake!! The room was filthy and smelled awful, we actually went out and bought febreeze. There were old water bottles in the fridge, all of the towels were dirty, bathroom was only used when we couldn't hold it any more because no
one wanted to go in there. The floor looked like it was never cleaned as did the rest of it. Maybe if they used a gallon of straight bleach it could be better, not 100% sure though. The pool was
nasty and we wouldn't let our children swim in it, since all of the concrete is crumbling. The room was missing the smoke detector. There's a phone book but no phone. The dresser was missing handles, the lamp shades were full of dust. I could keep going but I need to get the he!! out of here!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank luckymamax5
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed at the Dunes Motel for 2 nights in July. After reading the reviews, my friend called the night before we were to arrive and was told not to worry--the hotel was clean and if we were not happy, we did not have to stay there. We got there and all I can say is do not always believe what you read. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and the staff was very accommodating. Cisco was very pleasant and helpful as was the rest of the staff. From the moment we arrived, Cisco was could not do enough for us. The beach is directly across the street and the boardwalk was within walking distance as well. And the price was very, very good. We had an enjoyable stay and plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank TeacherBones
Reviewed July 8, 2011

They place was horribly dirty. The bathroom was disgusting. The toilet and sink had hairs in/on them--even though the toilet had the 'sanitized' sticker on it, it looked as though only the top of the seat had been wiped down. The shower was dirty, too and the carpets were sticky. The pool area needed an overhaul. The concrete was breaking up and was hard to walk on in bare feet. The people running the place were nice but I will not stay there again. For me, it is just not worth the discounted price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family