All reviews pool area was very nice discount passes microwave and fridge clean rooms short drive lounge chairs
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed at the Dunes Motel for 2 nights in July. After reading the reviews, my friend called the night before we were to arrive and was told not to worry--the hotel was clean and if we were not happy, we did not have to stay there. We got there and all I can say is do not always believe what you read. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and the staff was very accommodating. Cisco was very pleasant and helpful as was the rest of the staff. From the moment we arrived, Cisco was could not do enough for us. The beach is directly across the street and the boardwalk was within walking distance as well. And the price was very, very good. We had an enjoyable stay and plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank TeacherBones
Reviewed July 8, 2011

They place was horribly dirty. The bathroom was disgusting. The toilet and sink had hairs in/on them--even though the toilet had the 'sanitized' sticker on it, it looked as though only the top of the seat had been wiped down. The shower was dirty, too and the carpets were sticky. The pool area needed an overhaul. The concrete was breaking up and was hard to walk on in bare feet. The people running the place were nice but I will not stay there again. For me, it is just not worth the discounted price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jgm18
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I spent a wonderful week at the Dunes Hotel in early May. I booked the 2 bedroom Efficiency and found it to be clean and much larger than I expected. The location was great, across the street from the beach.

The staff was extremely accommodating. The hotel was having new mattresses and sofa delivered to my room, so on my last night I was moved to the luxury apartment. The apartment was clean and very large. This would be great for a family.

I would stay there again, it was exactly what I wanted and expected, a nice old Jersey shore hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank formerjerseygirl08
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I don't understand how people can say this is a great vacation place. The rooms smell like b.o and are dirty with hair in the shower and bugs and flies everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank pogo247
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My Family and I stayed in the Luxury Apartment in 2010 and we had a great stay at the Dunes . The service was great . The Apartment was very nice and comfortable . We will be staying there again in 2011 because had such a nice time . If you have a large family I suggest renting the luxury apartment .

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family