“We will come back!”
Review of Dunes Motel

Dunes Motel
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed at the Dunes Motel for 2 nights in July. After reading the reviews, my friend called the night before we were to arrive and was told not to worry--the hotel was clean and if we were not happy, we did not have to stay there. We got there and all I can say is do not always believe what you read. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and the staff was very accommodating. Cisco was very pleasant and helpful as was the rest of the staff. From the moment we arrived, Cisco was could not do enough for us. The beach is directly across the street and the boardwalk was within walking distance as well. And the price was very, very good. We had an enjoyable stay and plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank TeacherBones

Reviewed July 8, 2011

They place was horribly dirty. The bathroom was disgusting. The toilet and sink had hairs in/on them--even though the toilet had the 'sanitized' sticker on it, it looked as though only the top of the seat had been wiped down. The shower was dirty, too and the carpets were sticky. The pool area needed an overhaul. The concrete was breaking up and was hard to walk on in bare feet. The people running the place were nice but I will not stay there again. For me, it is just not worth the discounted price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jgm18
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I spent a wonderful week at the Dunes Hotel in early May. I booked the 2 bedroom Efficiency and found it to be clean and much larger than I expected. The location was great, across the street from the beach.

The staff was extremely accommodating. The hotel was having new mattresses and sofa delivered to my room, so on my last night I was moved to the luxury apartment. The apartment was clean and very large. This would be great for a family.

I would stay there again, it was exactly what I wanted and expected, a nice old Jersey shore hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank formerjerseygirl08
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I don't understand how people can say this is a great vacation place. The rooms smell like b.o and are dirty with hair in the shower and bugs and flies everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank pogo247
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My Family and I stayed in the Luxury Apartment in 2010 and we had a great stay at the Dunes . The service was great . The Apartment was very nice and comfortable . We will be staying there again in 2011 because had such a nice time . If you have a large family I suggest renting the luxury apartment .

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank dee9696
Reviewed March 25, 2011

My mom and I were looking for a hotel for 4th of July weekend, so I called the Dunes considering the website looked decent and it was close to the beach. I talked with the front desk woman who initially told me that they only do a 3 night minimum for this weekend which is understandable. She said that she would check with her manager though, and that if we decided to stay on a friday and saturday then they could probably do that. Then she proceeded to tell me that she's pretty certain it would be fine to do 2 nights. She said she would call me back the next morning to confirm this so I could reserve the room. She never called back the next morning which was probably a blessing in disguise. I called her back two days later saying that I called a couple a days ago and someone was going to get back to me...The woman acknowledged our conversation and then went on a strange rant about "Oh, I didn't call you back because we only do a 3 night minimum, and it's more expensive" Well, first of all, I never said I wouldn't do a 3 night stay, or wasn't interested in this. She was loud and unclear, ranting away at "it's too expensive for you, you wouldn't be interested, that's why I didn't call..." Then she said "it's $229 a night, then she said $189 a night, but you're not interested so that's all there is to it." What is wrong this this lady? I think they actually wanted to raise the rates from what she told me two days previously, and so just wanted to get rid of me as a customer. Instead, how about being honest and clear instead of neurotic? Horrible customer service and business model.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Lizap64
Reviewed February 19, 2011

The Dunes Motel was a great place to visit and stay in. It was conveniently located right across the beach. The motel had a nicely decorated patio with scented candles, that provided a nice place to sit in the night. It had a clean pool which was great for the kids to play in. The room we stayed in had 2 beds, and it was fine except for the bathroom, which was a bit too tiny. The motel had 2 floors. A short distance from the motel is the Jenkinson's Bordwalk, which had some rides, arcades, booths, and a bar. Overall, the Dunes was a great place to stay and my whole family enjoyed it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family