“See ya next year”

Amethyst Beach Motel
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Myself and two of my girlfriends wanted to attend the Point Pleasant Seafood Festival. One of us booked a room here. The other two of us didnt even know the name. When we first pulled in noone spoke as were thinking the same thing...we should have went to Wildwood. But the smell of seafood and knowing that no matter how bad it was we would have a great time. We were not disappointed! The room 114 was clean, smelled clean, and the beds were comfy! We didnt utilize the fridge or microwave and were more than happy to pay a $10 parking fee rather than look for a parking spot. If anyone has tried to find parking at a beach resort it can ruin a trip. It allowed us to walk to the festival and down to boardwalk knowing our vehicle was safe! We had no problem with noise from other rooms or the people at the pool which in most places we have stayed is our biggest complaint. We like to party but we like to sleep too! We will be back next year...can we reserve now?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank classynj
sandtraveller, Owner at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We are happy you enjoyed the Seafood Festival and hank you for taking the time to leave a positive review as it is our service to our customers which we strive to succeed in and your review is our confirmation of that success.
All too often our happy customers return home to their busy families and jobs and forget to take the time to leave us a review On behalf of the all of us at the Amethyst, "thank for giving us the chance to host your stay in Point Pleasant Beach, we hope to see you return!"
You can reserve at any time for the upcoming season by visiting us on line or for specials or personal service please call us.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the beginning of Labor Day weekend and they allowed us to only stay one night instead of two unlike all other hotels. The complaints about the outside of the hotel are a little ridiculous since people forget how they JUST got destroyed from Sandy. The rooms there are very clean and it was a pleasant surprise from the normal "jersey shore stay". They serve coffee and bagels which you can eat by the pool in the morning too. Since we only stayed one night they even slipped us a note under the door letting us know to move our car now so we could get free parking by the beach. Finally, the best thing of all was how helpful all of the workers were. Each one was refreshingly friendly and especially the owner who went out of her way to get us ice for our cooler and help us check out early. Overall the experience was great and I work in a hotel so I know the challenges that come along with it. I'm glad I chose this hotel and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kjones15
sandtraveller, Owner at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thanks for your great comments, coming from someone who works for a hotel is really special and taking the time out of a busy day to say something special is wonderful.

For summer 2014 all will be refreshed with special attention place on the entire facilities presentation and the comfort and safety of our guests.

We are very proud that our building is fire resistant having been completely constructed of reinforced concrete and fire resistant materials with concrete walls separating each and every room. We were reminded of the importance of safety as well as comfort due the recent loss of one of the smaller hotels constructed of wood. Please come back and visit us again.

From all of us at Amethyst, thank you.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I recently spent at night at Point Pleasant for our anniversary, and we stayed at the Amethyst.

We’ve spent many years at the Jersey shore, so we weren’t expecting anything fancy. But I have to say, I was a little dismayed to see the outside of the building – it looked like an old, rundown apartment building from the side. Thankfully, the room was nice enough. The furniture was nicer than what you’d typically see, and the room had a vaulted ceiling which I thought was a nice detail. I thought our beds were very comfy, but of course the husband thought they were too soft. The bathroom was dated (pink tile on the walls and gold flecks in the sink), but the water pressure was ok and it was brightly lit. Everything was basically clean, but they need to clean the cobwebs off the ceiling beams. They had a cute little pool and tables outside; since it was unseasonably cold we didn’t get a chance to check it out.

Our room overlooked a large parking lot. We’re used to staying at beachfront hotels in Wildwood, so that was a little disappointing. However, the good news is that it was only a 7 or 8 minute walk to the boardwalk.

We were unable to access their wi-fi. They didn’t provide the login info when we checked in, so my husband ran down to get it. He came back to the room, I plugged it in, and the error message stated that it had expired. He ran back down, the woman at the desk informed him it was case sensitive (uh, yeah…), but she gave him different login info to try - which also didn’t work. So I took the computer downstairs to see what the problem was. She gave me 5 or 6 different codes, and none of them worked. We only needed the internet so we could find a good restaurant. She recommended the Shrimp Box, which was fantastic, so problem solved.

We discovered when we were headed out for the night (after we’d already left the room a couple of times) that our door wasn’t locking. My husband really had to put in some effort to get it locked. I’m so very relieved nobody tried to get in while we were out earlier in the day! Amethyst, I know you read your reviews and would want to fix this, so it’s room 115.

The bottom line is that we’d stay here again, despite the minor issues.

Thank you Ashley, for being so friendly while we checked in!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda C
sandtraveller, General Manager at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As you pointed out "We absolutely read our reviews" and we are all over your suggestions and observations. We will begin issuing Wi-Fi Access Codes as soon as guest checks in. The reason for Codes and passwords is simply security of our network for the protection of our guests unlike airports and other unsecured Wi-Fi.
With regard to your comments on the exterior we agree, and hope you understand that we focused the time we had post Sandy to get the Patio, Pool areas and rooms ready for our guests. Do in large part to Duchess our efforts to complete the process on the outside facade; signage and landscaping had been delayed but will be completed for the coming 2014 season. We have formulated a new appearance for summer 2014 and hope to present the Amethyst in a great way.

We look forward to your return and an opportunity to provide an even better experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I truly cannot say anything poor about this place.i also have never "reviewed"anything before. My husband and I were in town for a sad occasion (they did not know this)and we found the staff to be very hard-working and very solicitous of everyone's needs.i booked this off the Internet and probably because although I I grew up with lots of family at the shore I was attracted by the site which said it was welcome to families. This place is.This place had a great clean bed and room,kick-butt airC ,and an expansive breakfast spread.. We actually wound up booking another night -this is how much this place rocks. It's great to be home but were already planning a next trip. The staff is amazing !the money question I don't get-we did good. it's a short walk to anything from there. I love it , but again the staff makes it!

2  Thank Catherine B

You guys rock for writing such a nice review, thanks it means a lot to us.

John, Theresa, Ashley and Staff

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The location of this motel is fantastic. Easy walking distance to the Boardwalk & beach. The hotel itself can definitely use some work. The site says all rooms have been remodeled, but I'm not sure what they mean by that. Perhaps the furniture might be newer, but def not remodeled. The door was really hard to unlock & would not stay shut very well. The bathroom was really old & out-dated. We paid nearly 300 for a one night stay and there wasn't even a hair dryer or iron in the room. Towels were very worn (stained & very thin), bed didn't have a bed spread (not that we ever leave then on but still), and one of the lamps didn't work. On the plus it seemed clean. Just def not what I'd expect when paying 300 bucks.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kris1412

Thanks for your comments and review, we learn from the feedback we receive. For 2014 we are addressing as we do each year improvements to our facility and services. Please give us a call or send us and email as we would like to have your return so that we can provide you with a good experience as your observations are not representative of the general experiences of our guests.

Amethyst Family

Reviewed August 22, 2013

On a last minute idea we decided we wanted to take our 2 small children (3 and 2) to the shore since it was going to be a nice weekend. After calling about 15 hotels we finally found this hotel that had once vacancy. I was not happy to pay $319 for the room but i figured it was the only place available so let's take a chance.

The location was about 2 blocks from the beach and was very easy to walk to. Parking was great and the staff was very helpful. The room was great and clean and the air worked great. Bathroom a little outdated but I really didn't mind. All 4 of us showered and the water stayed hot.

I would recommend this hotel!

1  Thank Kristie W
Reviewed August 21, 2013

After staying at other jersey shore beach motels, I did not have high hopes upon booking this motel. However, once we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. Although a bit dated, the motel room was very clean and it didn't have the odd musty smell that some motel rooms have. The beds were comfortable and clean as well as the bathroom. The pool area with tables for eating/lounging was nice as well. Coffee/bagels in the morning were nice too. The girls in the front office were so friendly and accommodating which was a plus as well. Not too fond of the $10 parking fee, but it's understandable since parking is at a minimum on a busy summer day at the jersey shore. Overall, we had a very nice experience at the Amethyst and will definitely be booking a room there again next summer. The cleanliness of the room and the friendly staff is what will keep us coming back.