“Glorious”

Amethyst Beach Motel
“Glorious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Always a great time. Reliable service!! The pool is fantastic and the rooms are always clean. The motel isn't too far from the boardwalk or the beach. The staff is very nice and helpful. We also love the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
sandtraveller, Owner at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Offering Great Rates and Promotions in an effort to save our industry
Thank you so much for the positive review and support of lodging at the Jersey Shore.
It is so important that customers such as yourself take the time to support and write about your experiences at the Jersey Shore.

The Jersey Shore needs everyone’s support as needless to say it’s been a difficult year for the Jersey Shore and the survival of the lodging industry at the Shore is in Jeopardy. Short seasons coupled with the high cost of government, taxes and storms are making it so very difficult.

Stronger than the Storm! We don’t think so! A better motto would be “The Jersey Shore Forever”

Thanks again to all our customers and please tell your friends to support the Jersey Shore Lodging industry, we are offering great rates and promotions in an effort to save our industry.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
CSporer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is our second visit to the Amethyst. I can't say enough good things. We have already booked two more nights in September.

The motel is set up perfect for families. They have a beautiful and immaculate patio where you can spend your afternoon swimming in their pool (which was freshly painted since last year), lounging on the lounge chairs (nice wooden ones with cushions) or grilling your lunch and then dining on one of their clean, nice tables. The atmosphere outside is safe and family oriented. I was not afraid to leave our towels or swim suits out to dry.

The rooms are shore motel rooms. This is not the Four Season's or even The Hampton Inn but if you are only looking for comfortable, clean rooms that are close to the beach then you will not be disappointed.

The tile when you first walk in and the carpets are brand new. The bed was covered with white linen's that smelled freshly laundered. The furniture is new and the walls are freshly painted. They have a small refrigerator and microwave so we were able to bring food to save money. You can also use their grill. They have cable t.v with all the stations and a nice cool A.C.

The shower area in the bathroom is brand new but the floor is old, original. It could use some updating.

If you have small children I would recommend that you request a first floor room. They do not have an elevator and it is a pain to lug all of your belongings up and down (we had this problem last year). This year we were poolside, room 107. It was much easier.

I only have three small complaints.
1. The bathroom floor really could use some work. I know it's not dirty but the tiles are showing their age so it doesn't feel as clean as the other flooring.
2. The continental breakfast is abysmal. We just used the coffee and brought our own breakfast.
3. They make you leave their parking lot as soon as you check out. It would be nice to be able to have use of the lot until the end of the calendar day so you can just walk to the boardwalk without having to pay to park.

Room Tip: If you have small children or a lot of luggage you should request a first floor room. 101, 102, 103...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Union City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I just made reservations for August for my Family Vacation Laura was very Friendly and helpful. I love that the Beach is down the Street and you can bar b cue at the Hotel.The pool looks great too. Can't wait to get there always loved the look of this Hotel.
Sandra

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Suffern, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I just made a reservation for the last week of June to visit Point Pleasant for the first time. The front desk was extremely helpful in explaining the motel amenities, location and room options as well as any misc. charges that I will see on my bill. Any reviews I read in regards to misinformation are not true. Laura was extremely patient and helpful and I can't wait to visit the Amethyst in a few weeks. I will follow up with my review after my stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shari3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great stay, we came in the middle of the night and the lady at the front desk was welcoming and friendly, the room was clean and just the right size. The bathrooms were clean. The bed was big , clean and very comfortable. The beach was right down the street along with the nice, new rebuilt board walk to enjoy . With many sea food places for diner, and a very cute town for shopping and walking around . We will definitely be coming back to amethyst beach motel, staff was friendly and made the stay one to remember.

• Stayed June 2013
Northern NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

5/22/13. We stayed for the 1st time last summer. Our son has been there with his family a few times prior to 2012. We were very happy with our room, very clean & very friendly staff. We have stayed at all kinds of places down the shore for the past 35 years, and this hotel rates high in our eyes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have been taking my family to Amethyst Beach Motel for years now I take my grandchildren. One year we changed thinking we were getting a better deal but that was a hugh mistake. At Amethyst you know what you are getting consistantly year to year. I love that we can walk to the beach and Jenkinsons-we park the car in the lot and don't use it again until we leave. Bonus- the picnic area where you can grill your own food and sit at a table to eat. I am aware that many sites write their own recommendations but I am a real client and I am proud to visit and support after Sandy

Room Tip: if you are stying for a week, get the efficiency where y ou can cook all of your meals
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
The Grenville
The Grenville
#1 of 1 in Bay Head
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#9 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Pelican Point Motel
Pelican Point Motel
#1 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Amethyst Beach Motel? Share your experiences!