“FEELS LIKE HOME”

Amethyst Beach Motel
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Loved this place.  First time I stayed here.  Staff is awesome.  Pool is warm and beautiful.  Location is amazing.  Lunch and dinner walking distance in town.  Tiki bar and Jenkinsons Club perfect for cocktails in the evening with a short walk back to hotel.  Booked my vacation for next year because after talking with staff and owners I understand they will continue to add to upgrades and changes which will surely make it difficult to get reservations.
DONNA

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
sandtraveller, Owner at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thanks so much for the review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us in beautiful family friendly Point Pleasant Beach.

The Amethyst is located in the heart of Point Pleasant Beach and its wonderfully intimate boardwalk, downtown culinary corner eateries and antique center.

We are proud of the safe and family oriented community which is Point Pleasant Beach. You will find Point and the Amethyst will welcome you with that traditional Jersey Shore hospitality, (Not to be confused in any way the TV show).

We look forward to your return and the opportunity to host another visit to Amethyst and beautiful Point Pleasant Beach NJ.

Sincerely, Amethyst Family

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed at the Amethyst! Mixed reviews for sure gave me concerns but gave it a try, I am happy I did great pool,great location,great staff. As a business owners ourselfs we realize how difficult it is to keep everyone happy and the different levels of expectations. Our room was ready upon arrival and the front desk staff asked us to notify us with any issues if there where. Fortunately the room was perfect. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then this place is not for you and your family but for sure if you and your family are looking for a quaint convenient and CLEAN place then this is for you. The desk staff member who got us into our room on arrival was sweet my wife had just giving birth and she understood on how important it was to get into the room for being in the car for 10 plus hours! Thank you Amber so much see you next year

Room Tip: Family fun place for SURE!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
sandtraveller, Owner at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thanks so very much for taking the time to post a positive review, it is so very important for all us here at Amethyst to hear positive reviews as well as constructive criticism. We recognize that only a few of the thousands of guest each year who allow us the opportunity to host their stay take time out of their busy lives to post a positive reply, looking forward to future opportunities to host your stay.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were involved in an unfortunate overbooking situation partly our own fault as we did not check to verify we were in for the number of days reserved. The manager Theresa understood we overlooked the checkout date and as we had already been there for 3 days simply extended our stay. She and her staff worked feverishly and simultaneously with guest's arriving to find alrernate accommodations. Our stay was wonderful. The pool is heated and our family enjoyed swimming till 10pm. Large patio area, new furnishings and comfortable beds. Would love if the patio was nonsmoking and if continental breakfast had more variety, however there is a great breakfast place walking distance to hotel in town. (Can't remember name) as well as several wonderful restaurants. We will be back in September! !

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Not going to lie I was a little worried going to a motel just because of it being a motel. At $149 a night it compared to a hotel price wise. But it's like close to the beach and you're down the shore. What do you expect. Still cheaper than the place next door. I was skeptical until I opened the door to the room and was shocked by how clean and nice the rooms were. The bathroom was really nice and I didn't feel like I needed to shower after getting out of the shower. Their we're clean towels that actually smelled nice too! And they changed them everyday and made the beds too, didnt expect it. The pool was really nice and clean as well There were bagels and muffins and coffee in the morning which I also didn't expect. The staff was very nice and helpful. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012
sandtraveller, Manager at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I spent this past weekend with my family and kids here and I must say I had a fabulous stay! The workers were all extremely friendly and accomidating from the moment we checked in until the end of our stay. This is a great place to stay for families! My kids enjoyed the pool and the close proximity to the beach and boardwalk. I wouldn't stay at any other motel on the jersey shore! Thanks for a great stay Amethyst!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

First of all, I will start off on a good note by saying the pool and staff are the only good things here. Now for everything bad: We bought 2 rooms (adjoining) for some friends and us. The one room smelled like a smoking section in a casino. As we explored, we found brown celing tiles, a grimy bathroom and worst of all: in the kitchenette drawer was ashes of some sort (from who knows what) whatever it was, it was CREEPY. As we explored the second room, we found it was cleaner and smelled a little nicer. There was crust in the sink and a dusty, gross air conditioner. The shower curtain was stained which was unpleasant. When it came to finding water to buy (without walking back to the boardwalk), the water machine was broken. The patio was smoky and messy. The lights didn't work in the room. Also, because of the clean freak I am, I used a disinfecting wipe to wipe the wall in the bathroom and I can't tell you how much grime came off. They should open their eyes and inspect their rooms and take better care of the cleanliness. All in all this is what I have to say- Clean your rooms, enforce the no- smoking rule, fix your water machine, and open your eyes!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank anonymouspersona
sandtraveller, General Manager at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

All of here at Amethyst believe we provide a great location, clean well-kept facility and have a very attentive and accommodating staff. We are extremely busy preparing rooms for re-occupancy each day and make every effort to provide a wonderful experience. There are always times when things are missed or a customer leaves something behind which we might overlook however when an issue is brought to our attention we address it. When it comes to the representations of an admitted Clean Freak who overstates issues which apparently in their Clean Freak view are excessive and intolerable, the question is why didn’t they raise the issues to management, and why would anyone stay in a room with conditions such as depicted by this Freak/Clean Freak.

It has been a long season and accommodating some 10,000 guests we anticipate we will not satisfy everyone, however we make every effort when contacted by our guests to take cares of all issues.

Hoping all will understand that we have so many good reviews and yet so few when compared to the thousands (1000’s) who stay with us each summer whose lives are busy and their experience with us satisfactory returning home without feeling the need to leave a review to us is a validation that we are doing a good job accommodating our customers.

Hoping all who read our review and responses will sort out and recognize that we are a society made up of a diverse range of individuals some of whom you can never satisfy, however we continue to try!

Thanks for reading our reviews and thanks for helping us make this passing summer a good one.

Amethyst Family and Friends,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I would not go back to this hotel.

But first the good things:
- Location and pool are awesome.
- Rooms are clean and beds/sheets sleep very well.
- Tv works and is easy to use (had already hotels where you had to wait hours for the tv to load).
- Our room was ready when we arrived at noon, so that was great.
- Smoking is allowed on the patio, which was great for my mom.
- The pool has a diving board and is 9 feet deep at one end, which was awesome for my son.
- Parking in the rear is very convenient.
- Beach passes for half the price are a nice little add on.
- Bagels and muffins with butter and cream cheese for breakfast are good quality.

Here are the bad things why I wouldn't go back:
- Receptionist (pregnant lady) who checked us in should not work if the pregnancy is so hard for her that she can't be friendly anymore and do an acceptable job.
- Receptionist did not explain that we were purchasing a "beach package" for $20, so my credit card was charged $20 more then expected and when I called it was explained to me that I had purchased the breakfast, parking, bbq option and beach passes... what a surprise when you are back at home!!!
- The ceilings were old and filthy and the bathrooms needed cleaining in the corners, looks like somebody does not know that the dirt collects in the corners....
- The room was so packed with furniture that you hardly could go through to the kitchen.
- The furniture was broken, when you opened the door for the tv, the door fell off....
- Breakfast was served outside. The picture of the conference/ meeting room on the website is a joke - when you looked inside this room, it was privatly used by the pregnant receptionist and toddler toys inside. So we had to eat standing outside on the patio since it was raining and the patio furniture was wet. The butter and cream cheese were so cold that you couldn't spread it and we all had to use the same knives, the toasters were old and broken. The breakfast was a real disaster in the rain!!
- Internet is crappy, you see like 3 or more wifi spots on your iphone but when you try to connect it is not able to load the internet. I asked the receptionist at night who was very helpful and nice (to the contrary of the morning person). She tried to help another hotel guest too and he also told me later that the internet wouldn't work once you go back to your room. I did not get to work it on my iphone,

My mom,. my son and I had a good time at Point Pleasant but our stay at this hotel was not worth the amount of money they charge for one night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the left side if you prefer a quiet room. They seem to have the windows to the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
sandtraveller, General Manager at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thanks for the review and valuable feedback; we are proud of our staff and our location. We strive to provide the best experience for our customers. We have spoken with our front desk clerk and apologize if you felt in any way you were not treated correctly. Contact us and we will try and provide a future accommodation for your inconvenience.

Amethyst family and friends

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Pelican Point Motel
Pelican Point Motel
#1 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Amethyst Beach Motel? Share your experiences!