“We recommend this hotel for a great trip”

White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We have been coming to the White Sands for 10 yrs. It is a wonderful resort. I love the fact that it's right on the beach and has 2 pools. If the beach is too hot the pools are great to have with the kids. I wish the prices were a little less, but I really love it, clean wood floors (great without the carpet odor) helpfull staff, and very great location.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
ChrsitinaRanuro, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Thank you for such a nice review! I love to here that we make a difference for people. Please check with us for different packages and discounts we offer through out the year. We would love to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Last July we stayed at the White Sands for the first time and I was excited to come back. The staff was 100% better this year than last (I never had a problem last time but they were all much happier and friendlier). Last year the one pool was very cold and this time they were both warm. I spent most of my time in the pool that was farther away from the bathrooms because the one by the bathroom seemed older and not as nice. The room was very clean; I stayed on the second floor this time. I definitely liked the first floor better and wished they had some chairs outside of the room to sit and relax. The thing that had me most upset was that this year they didn’t have the lounge chairs on the beach. That was something was really nice last year and we were all upset about this. Other than that- all in all it was a very nice time!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
ChrsitinaRanuro, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2010

Thank you so much for your repeat business! I am so happy when we add to our regular customers! We enjoy an over 80% of repeat business because we care.

I wanted to tell you that we are upset that we were unable to continue the beach chair service on the beach. The Association that we rent the beach from had told us that we were unable to continue the service this year. It was a service that we enjoyed providing. We are working on a solution and are hoping to find a compromise that will allow us to have the chairs on the beach next year.

Thank you again for the nice review!

Reviewed July 25, 2010

as someone who had never been to the jersey shore, after reading the reviews of the hotels up and down the shore i came to the conclusion that the bulk of the hotels and motels were overpriced 'dives'. a friend's daughter recently was married at white sands and he said it was very nice, but a little 'pricey', but i decided to call and see how much the rooms were for our planned midweek stay. surprisingly, the midweek rate i was quoted was not much more than what most of the obvious 'dives' were charging, so we booked a room. i was told we would have a balcony for my smoker companion, but would not have an ocean view. when we checked in, we were most pleasantly surprised that the room did, in fact , have an ocean view. we were in the main building and found it very convenient to the pools and the beach. if you want to open your door and fall onto the beach sand, i suggest an oceanside villa in st maarten; however, the short walk across the street was fine for us.

the balcony was not huge - had a bistro table and 2 chairs - but we did spend a lot of time there viewing sunsets & just hanging out. the room was not as large as some but more than adequate for our needs and had a good sized mini fridge. everything was modern and very CLEAN. as we were packing to leave, i checked the empty drawers again to make sure nothing was left behind and noticed that the room furniture was from thomasville. the air conditioner was very strong and kept the room very cool during the very hot (90+ degrees each day) week we were there. our only complaint about the room was that the sliding door to the balcony was sticking. they had to oil it 2x before it worked easily - but that was a very minimal complaint and the maintenance staff was up to the room quickly.

i used the fitness room on one occasion and found it well stocked with weights, etc. there were a number of cardio machines and the elliptical and the first treadmill i tried did not work, but there were a few others and i was able to get in a good workout. the pools were clean and there were plenty of lounges available. if some of the guests did not deposit their belongings and never return for many hours, there would even have been more available lounges. i liked that the smaller outdoor pool had an in-pool ledge to sit on like the hotels in vegas.

the walk to the beginning of the boardwalk was not far and we walked to the attractions a few times. the boardwalk really caters to families with younger children; however, we did enjoy the live music at the tiki bar one evening and would definitely return there. we enjoyed the food at our dinner at spanos restaurant in the hotel.

the desk staff were very helpful in recommending restaurants, etc. and pleasant to deal with. we had such a nice stay that we extended it one more night. while not a 5 star hotel, white sands is definitely much nicer than what appears to be available at the jersey shore and worth the additional price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your nice review! We love that you extended your stay and look forward to seeing your again!

Reviewed July 23, 2010

We were two families, one with young children, one with teenagers. The location was phenomenal. The beach was so close. Very convenient to set up camp early in morning and drift back and forth between room, pool, beach all day. Two outdoor pools to chose from. Crowded during day but fine in early morning and evening. It may be a stretch to call this a resort, but it was definitely a safe, comfortable motel that had everything we needed for three days. The food by the pool was fabulous. Housekeeping was efficient and friendly. Front desk helpful and nice. Side walks were dirty at times. Ice machine was great. We would all recommend it as a fine place in Pt. Pleasant, close to the boardwalk. Bathrooms a little small.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
ChrsitinaRanuro, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2010

Hi! Thank you for your review! I am so glad you liked staying with us!

We have many different room styles and sizes. Please feel free to call us so we can describe all our room types. Perhaps there is one that will be more fitting for your family size.

As far as it being a more of a "Motel", you are absolutely right! We have both "Motel" style rooms and "Hotel" style rooms. We call ourselves a resort because we have so many more amenities than a standard Motel and to accommodate both room style types.

I look forward to having your families return! Thanks again for the positive review!

Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband, 5 year-old son, and I stayed here for three nights. The rooms were very decent. We had a balcony, but it was tiny. We stayed on the "hotel" side, across the street from the beach. These rooms were actually a bit more expensive than the rooms on the beach, we were told, because they are newer. But I took a peek into one of the "motel" side rooms, and they looked about the same, except they had wooden floors instead of carpet. The beach is really nice, and the food at the Lido cafe is good. I do think you pay a little too much for the type of room and amenities. But I guess that's the price you pay for staying right on the beach. I would probably stay here again, but this time on the "motel" side to be closer to the beach, and during the week when the room prices are somewhat more reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
ChrsitinaRanuro, Owner at White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2010

Thank you so very much for your nice review.
I would like for you to consider that when you compare what you get at the White Sands to the other places along the Atlantic, I think you will find that we are priced quite right. We have not raised our prices in years, yet the cost of doing business keeps rising every year. We offer many amenities that others do not have or if they do, they are all extra charges over and above the room rate. I would like to explain further, but if I do, TripAdvisor will not post my response.

The White Sands is Family owned and run. I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 18, 2010

The White Sands left me with mixed feelings about the stay. The hotel was good and up-to-date and it was in a great location. However, the pool was terrible and I found myself going across the street to use the outdoor pool at the motel. The food there was batter, it was closer to the board walk and beach and it was also more "family friendly". The hotel was very clean and always was spotless and i found the staff pleasant and attentive to me and my families needs. So if you're planning a vacation with this as your hotel, you'll be happy to come back to a clean, up-to-date, peaceful environment for the nights and then be able to wake up the next morning and go to the beach thats across the street. If you're looking for a hotel where you can go swimming in the pool and have something fun to do all in one, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Over all I feel like it was a complimentary review. Thank you for that. You seem to be happy with our cleanliness and our amenities; Yet, you say "If you're looking for a hotel where you can go swimming in the pool and have something fun to do all in one, look elsewhere."

We do have two outdoor pools and one indoor pool. We have the access to the beach, an Italian Steak House, and a Salon and Spa on premises. You can park your car and not get back behind the wheel until it is time to leave us.

I do hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 17, 2010

Our stay started out rocky. We decided on this motel, upon the recommendation of a friend. I called the hotel on monday morning, for a wednesday and thursday night stay. I was unable to reach a human, but left my number for a return call. In the meantime, I went ahead and booked my room online. After booking the room, I sent an email to the hotel, with a list of questions... this was all monday morning. Tuesday, I had yet to receive a return phone call nor had my email been answered. Finally, tuesday night (probably around 8:00... keep in mind, I'm heading there in the morning), I get a return phone call, to see if I want to make a reservation... huh? Anyway, the woman on the phone (Jessica) was pleasant enough, and she was able to answer my questions that I had sent in the email, that had never been answered.

Check-in is in the main hotel building, on the other side of the street from the ocean, fyi.

Our room was completely fine. Nothing fancy and appeared to be immaculately clean. The hotel provides lots of in-room amenities... a shampoo, conditioner, bath gel dispenser in the bath, lotion, loofah pad, soap in the sink area.

What they call a "shared balcony" is really the raised walkway that connects all the rooms. There were no chairs. It was not a balcony.

I got a few smoothies from the Lido Café which were excellent. That's the only food I sampled from the property.

With this one, you're paying for location, location, location. Not sure I'll go back, because I thought it was poor value. But, reading a review of Windswept, I see that their beach is below (south of) the White Sands beach, so that might be a higher rated motel, but that, to me, is a big inconvenience. Something to consider, for sure.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your nice review! I am glad that you found our place to be, "immaculately clean. The hotel provides lots of in-room amenities... a shampoo, conditioner, bath gel dispenser in the bath, lotion, loofah pad, soap in the sink area."

Your suggestion: "Wifi is available in the Lido Café area and on the entire first floor of the hotel building. Would be nice if they would add wifi to the rooms." is completely agreed upon. We actually just added Wifi to the 200 building pool and to the entire south side of the hotel. Our goal is to make the entire Hotel Wifi by the end of the year.

Thanks again. I sure do hope you return!