“Not totally ready yet!”

White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed 2 nights mid-week in the end of June.The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.The parking was not an issue which is always convenient while down at the shore. I treated myself to a spa service on the premises. The only thing is that because of super storm Sandy, They are not quite ready! A lot of construction going on.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank Patrizia P
There are newer reviews for White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed at the White Sands Hotel in Pt. Pleasant, NJ 2 weeks ago. And I'll be blunt, The Hotel is just OK. And for 230 dollars a night on the weekend is just way to much money. I cannot say anything bad about the hotel, just that it was OK. But way to expensive. Feel free to add anything to this review. Would like feedback. Thank You,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bear3911
Reviewed June 16, 2013

While staying at another hotel, stopped by the White Sands. There is a lot of construction going on. The main hotel has all new landscaping and looks beautiful. The two outside pools were damaged from Hurricane Sandy but the new pools I was told should be open in July. All the rain we've had this month has been setting back the reopen date. They do have a pool in the main hotel. The cafe they used to have on the beach side was destroyed during Hurricane Sandy but they are replacing it with a huge brand new building. I am not sure when that will be open.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Llaurie2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Be careful.....nowhere on the white sands website does it state that their outdoor pools and surrounding areas are NOWHERE near ready for use due to superstorm sandy.. other hotels have stated they are renovating and fixing...this hotel does not! I hope if you call for reservations they tell you that the outdoor areas are uninhabitable ...... Unfortunately they did not make the memorial day deadline and they need a considerable amount of work still to do on the beachside...had to give 2 stars on review ONLY because its not ready...waiting patiently and staying at other places for now

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
14  Thank sue b
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed 2 nights mid-week in the end of May. The staff was pleasant. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bath was clean and the towels supplied were plush not the thin, papery towels often found in small hotels. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pat K
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for a couple of nights over Memorial Day weekend while attending a wedding. Hotel is right across the street from the beach. Rooms are large; we had a king with a fold out couch for the two kids, so it will accommodate 4 people. There was also a good size fridge and coffee maker. Room was clean but a little dated...so what? That's the Jersey shore. Bed was comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay here again, although I usually go for something a little more luxurious, this was a good value.

Room Tip: Have a drink at "Papa's Bar"...they give a good pour...but eat somewhere else. Only ha...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I booked a room for this hotel in the off season at about 7pm to stay that night. At the time of booking, they asked for a credit card on file only. While on my way to the hotel, I had gotten into a car accident and was unable to stay. When I called the next day after leaving the hospital b/c I was obviously unable to call the night of, they said my card would be charged for the room either way b/c I had not cancelled. I explained I was only asked for a card on file and never notified I would be billed whether I stayed or not and how was I able to give 48 hours of notification when I only booked at 7pm for a stay that night, its not like they held the room all day for me, I was probably the last customer to book that night and I WAS IN A BAD CAR ACCIDENT, which I believe they should do me a courtesy and maybe charge a cancellation fee if anything, they said there was nothing they could do and billed my card the full amount of the hotel room $143 for an off peak season room I only booked at 7pm and was in a car accident right after on my way there and was unable to stay in. 0 customer service or sympathy for any situation. Will take your money without using their venue and offer no consideration for life events what so ever. Nor do they inform you of this policy at booking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
#7 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!