“Good location and value”

White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good location and value”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for a couple of nights over Memorial Day weekend while attending a wedding. Hotel is right across the street from the beach. Rooms are large; we had a king with a fold out couch for the two kids, so it will accommodate 4 people. There was also a good size fridge and coffee maker. Room was clean but a little dated...so what? That's the Jersey shore. Bed was comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay here again, although I usually go for something a little more luxurious, this was a good value.

Room Tip: Have a drink at "Papa's Bar"...they give a good pour...but eat somewhere else. Only ha...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I booked a room for this hotel in the off season at about 7pm to stay that night. At the time of booking, they asked for a credit card on file only. While on my way to the hotel, I had gotten into a car accident and was unable to stay. When I called the next day after leaving the hospital b/c I was obviously unable to call the night of, they said my card would be charged for the room either way b/c I had not cancelled. I explained I was only asked for a card on file and never notified I would be billed whether I stayed or not and how was I able to give 48 hours of notification when I only booked at 7pm for a stay that night, its not like they held the room all day for me, I was probably the last customer to book that night and I WAS IN A BAD CAR ACCIDENT, which I believe they should do me a courtesy and maybe charge a cancellation fee if anything, they said there was nothing they could do and billed my card the full amount of the hotel room $143 for an off peak season room I only booked at 7pm and was in a car accident right after on my way there and was unable to stay in. 0 customer service or sympathy for any situation. Will take your money without using their venue and offer no consideration for life events what so ever. Nor do they inform you of this policy at booking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Amber E

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant Beach hotels

Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel was nice. The parking was not an issue whiich is always convenient while down at the shore. The highlights were the parking, location to the ocean and the pass for the private beach. Loved the private beach pass that was included. Also, the customer service was good. The cons, but not deal breakers, our TV broke, so they had to replace it, which they did quickly, that can happen sometimes, the hallways were pretty narrow and for some reason we were placed on the floor of a wedding party and directly across from the honey moon sweet which was a bit odd as we were not associated with the wedding party at all, but it was fine, no major complaint.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashley J
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently went to Point Pleasant, NJ to do some work in the area. I stayed at the White Sands. This is my first time to this area so I do not have a lot of reference material. I thought the hotel was a nice place. Still cleaning up from Hurricane Sandy, but was a nice property. Stayed for 2 nights. I was impressed with how well the desk staff and housekeeping responded to guests. The rooms themselves were nothing special. Furniture was a little worn and dated but the room was very clean. My stay was out of season so not a lot open in the area, but I would recommend this property. The owners and staff seemed to have a genuine concern for their guests. Nice location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rich M
Midland Park, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been going to the White Sands for 26 years and can't be happier with the resort! The owners and staff are on call and ready to accommodate at all times. The rooms are large and spacious and location is optimal. We have had such wonderful times with our children as babies, teens, and now adults!! We can't wait to someday bring our grandchildren! The perfect resort for families of all ages and the perfect escape for a romantic weekend! We thank everyone at the White Sands for making our days with you so special, and we look forward to seeing you again this summer!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Irene K
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had our daughters sweet 16 at white sands last night and it was perfect. Our guests raved about the food and service. The ballroom is brand new and beautiful. Teresa the banquet mgr saw to our every need and even acted as a party planner helping us find decorations and favors. We highly recommend finestre at the white sands for your party! Ralcar

• Stayed April 2013
staten island, ny
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my second stay off season. My family had four rooms at the hotel. They all were clean. The pool is kept very clean. Towels provided. This is a very nice family friendly hotel. Desk staff was always helpful. The on site restaurant is a plus. We skipped their Sunday breakfast buffet. I don't understand all the negativity on this site. Considering it has been only four mos since Sandy, they have done a great job! The location is very close to Jenkinsons. I wish them the best as they continue to repair their beach property across the street..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
#8 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!