I have read the different reviews, and always keep in mind that they are subjective to personal opinion. There are those that have conflicting views and speak ill of those that are an the opposing end, this is also unfair as we do not know the quality of life of anyone on here. So let's begin with what I thought......This is our second time here and so I knew what to expect. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday night visit. The cost with taxes came to over $300 per night, which was much higher than what I paid a few years back. I think that the price reflects an average night's stay for a beach resort in this part of town. We stayed in the older building which is right on the beach. Initially I was greeted by an older woman at the desk with a, "Don't wreck any furniture or anything in the room and have any wild parties." Was it humor? Not sure, it certainly was not professional and I don't look anything like a room wrecker. I'm a serious traveler and wouldn't mind paying even more if there was a 5 star hotel in the area. I don't want to steer anyone away, everyone is entitled to their opinion and while I would even recommend it, the price for me was simply over inflated.But I understand that it takes money to run this type of operation, but perhaps they should think about bringing the decor up to this decade. In fairness, check in and check out was speedy, and our room was ready by 2:30, but once we entered our room we had to leave the door open just to get rid of that musty odor. They have three nice pools, and we didn't really bother anyone for any special services. In fairness, all the other Motels are no great bargains and most of them are in need of modern transformations. People today speak of the economy crunch and how business is being affected in the most serious way. Let me say this....we own a business in New York and while we too have been facing the same issues, we keep up with the competition. Our store is always fresh, clean and up to date. We remodel, paint and change our decor every few years, as we want our clients to know we care. Staying in Motels is not my thing....but that's all you have down here in Point Pleasant, unless you want to pitch a tent! If traveling in this area you need a decent Motel, this will do....but while location, location, location is certainly a 5 star rating here.....price is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently along the New Jersey Shore. Our Resort is set on a beautiful, private stretch on Point Pleasant Beach. Our Hotel Spa is steps away located across the street; both are just minutes away from many shore attractions. Enjoy all the comforts of home with the added amenities of a full service spa, a state-of-the-art gym, a heated indoor pool and more! Run your meeting efficiently in the comfort of our fully-equipped conference room. After a full day of meetings, any business traveler will feel at home with access to our gym, spa and swimming facilities. Our banquet facilities provide the perfect backdrop for your wedding or special occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Oceanfront Resort And Spa
- White Sands Oceanfront Hotel Point Pleasant Beach
- White Sands Hotel Point Pleasant Nj