“My first time in years!”

The Shrimp Box & Outside The Box Patio Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shrimp Box & Outside The Box Patio Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Local caught seafood, steaks and cocktails are served at this enduring waterfront eatery with nautical decor & outdoor patio seating. Family Owned and Operated since the 1950's, this a must visit Jersey Shore staple.
Chicago, Illinois
“My first time in years!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went to the Shrimp Box with a friend on July 3rd. The food was really excellent and fresh, and the service great. It is a good value since salad bar is included with each entree. I love the views of the boats and docks from the dining room. It has been there since 1952.

Visited July 2013

Babylon, New York
“Excellent quick spot”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food was great. Not very touristy. Excellent seafood and view. Great service above average. highly recc. the waitress was very nice and speedy.

Visited July 2013
“Friendly & lively for a Wed. Night!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, service was great, and staff was awesome. Very friendly and helpful. The swordfish had a great pineapple salsa that made the dish. My tilapia was dressed up in artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and olives that was fantastic. The view of the water from the patio added to the atmosphere of a beach night out. Will go again.

• Visited June 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Friendly, great food & atmosphere”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had the pleasure of eating here last night. The staff was fast & friendly. The food was great. My son & I had crab cake dinners which were excellent. My husband had the salmon which was delicious. Our other son had the ribs which were great too. The clams casino, nicely stocked salad bar and homemade warm bread rounded our meals very well. We heard about this place from a friend who lives in the area & were definitely not disappointed. Loved the marina view! We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Visiting after "Sandy"”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It was not easy for me to watch on T.V what had happened to New Jersey's shore towns when Hurricane "Sandy" hit in October 2012. I assumed, Shrimp Box was flooded and suffered severe damage. Before my to visit to New Jersey, dinner at Shrimp Box seemed like a dream. When I looked at their website, it said: "we are open", merrily I booked a table for 4. It was Saturday night, and the place was as busy as a bee hive....We had to wait 5 minutes in order to get a table. People were coming in and out all the time, and it made me feel good. At last we got a table by the window, Some dim rays of sun were covering the small fishermen's harbour and boats. In this magical atmosphere we started our dinner. I ordered the Filet Mignon with lobster tail, My husband enjoyed a Cajun style Swordfish that was blackened in species. my friends had the Lobster bisque, and Atlantic Salmon in lemon and basil oil. The food was fresh, full of flavours, and most enjoyable. Our waitress were great, she had to shout so we will be able to hear her. Lots of small children and big parties had made so much noise-and we enjoyed every minute of it!!!
From my last visit I could tell that the decoration had been changed, a huge stuffed shell of lobster was hanging on the wall.
On the way out I noted a small sign by the door about 5 feet from the floor: "Water level after Sandy Hurricane". Even Though I was so happy after this great meal, I had some tears in my eyes.

• Visited May 2013