Pelican Point Motel
Casa Del Mar(Point Pleasant Beach)
$225
Driftwood Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

Sand Pebble Motor Lodge(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$175
Amethyst Beach Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$164
  • Pool
Point Pleasant Manor(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$259
The Tower Cottage B&B(Point Pleasant Beach)
$365
$353
Shore Point Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$128
Broadway Court Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$140
  • Beachfront
Boardwalk Beach Inn(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
The Atlantic Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
$110
All reviewstwo blocksbeach passesweekend stayrestaurants and shopsfull sizecouple blocksbeach housethe location is perfectwould definitely stay here againcomplimentary coffeenever stay anywhere elsesmall poolmemorial daywithin walking distancedonutslast minutetwo double beds
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed there for 4th of July weekend! It was the cleanest motel that I have ever stayed at. Very spacious and the people that worked there were extremely friendly! I loved it so much that I am going back for Labor Day Weekend!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Now the PELICAN POINT MOTEL, this place is a dump.

The only plus I would give this hotel is the location,1½ blocks from the boardwalk. Everything else goes downhill from here. The rooms are dirty, with wallpaper peeling off the walls. The pool fenced area is so small that [3] sides are for walking only & there’s no room for chairs. The parking lot is loaded with huge potholes and the outside needs a good cleaning also. We will not return. For $228.00 a night for a single room with tax, its wayyyyyyyyy overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RRanella
Mark P, Owner at Pelican Point Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Sorry that you were unhappy with you stay. The pelican point motel is a family operated business and we try to satisfy all of our customers. The issues that were mentioned in the above review have been addressed to insure that our future guests are satisfied.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently visited the hotel this July and booked it based on pictures and location. We arrived and the room was tiny, outdated, and had dirty sheets and comforter. When we complained, the manager gave us a better room (but not much) and said we had to pay more for the better room! We managed to stay a few hours but couldn't sleep the night...too scieved! Thanks for ruining my weekend! I should have got some money back, instead of spending $200 for 3 hours!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SRP29

Wow !!!! When customer was checking in it was apparent that they we're upset about something and didn't want to be in Point Pleasant before they ever go to their room. The room they were given was a room that was recently renovated and they said that the sheets were dirty. I immediately went to the room to check out the situation however I saw absolutely nothing excels a tiny black spot which looked as though it was a pencil mark. In any event my goal is to make my customers as happy as can be. I offered to move them to one of our newer upgraded rooms for an minimal additional charge. I handed them the key and asked them to let me know what they were going to do, either accept that room or I was willing to issue a refund for their one night reservation. I never hear from them again until I went up to the room an hour later and the women said everything was great "thank you so much". They say they did not stay the night but I saw them in the pool with their children the next morning ? I would like anybody who reads these revues to know that we are sold out almost every night in the summer and it is unfortunate that only a handful of people who have an complaint are the ones willing to make the negative reviews. That's a real shame !

Reviewed September 19, 2011

This place really is an unorganized dump of a motel. My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Pelican Point Motel for a night on 9/17/2011. We were visiting Point Pleansant Beach on the weekend that happened to coincide with the Seafood Festival, so most hotels/motels were sold out and this was one of the few that still had availability and didn’t require a two-night minimum stay (we were only staying for one night).

Right from the start, things were pretty disastrous. Upon arrival, there were no employees anywhere to check us in at the motel. The front door was locked, and we rang the doorbell several times, but nobody answered. We called the motel phone number, and the lady that answered told us somebody would be down in a minute…nobody came. We called again, and the lady on the phone said she was trying to get in touch with the front desk employee. The cell phone number of the front desk employee was taped to the front door, so we called that as well and it went straight to voicemail. We called again, and finally got an answer – the front desk lady told me we were booked for room 22, the door was unlocked, and the key was in the room. She told me that she was down at the Seafood Festival and wasn’t going to be back for another hour or so. So essentially, the door to the room that we paid for was unlocked and the key was inside, and there were no employees anywhere near the motel, and nobody would be back for another hour.

So we go to the room, and the door is unlocked, so we drop our stuff off and check out the room…but there's no key inside. We called the lady back AGAIN, and there seems to be a lot of confusion about who has the key to the room. As we’re speaking on the phone, two other random motel guests knock on our door – they mention they think the room is theirs also, and they have the key! Apparently, they had stayed in room 22 the previous night, and had decided to stay an extra day. They had talked directly to the owner, while we were talking to the deadbeat ‘front desk’ employee (I think her name was Anna) who was at the Seafood Festival. The other guests were nice though, and actually gave us they key, and talked with the motel owner to rearrange their room for the night. The guests were much more helpful than the actual employees. In fact, the only time the front desk lady checked in with us was around 8:00 PM, when she stopped by our room, and knocked loudly on our door, despite the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign we had put on our room as we were napping! She managed not only to provide no help, but actually was proactive in being a nuisance. Pretty unbelievable.

Beyond the atrocious customer service, the room was terrible. There were three lights in the room, but only one of them actually worked, and it was not an overhead light/nowhere near the bed (it also wasn’t near the front door, so we couldn’t just flip it on as we walked in). The bathroom door had just a knob, and had no locking mechanism. The sheets were grimy and had a clear cigarette burn through them (even though it was a non-smoking room). There also was no way to turn up the heat in the room, and the sink looked like a urinal. The shower itself was even worse…it looked gross, and we didn’t use it (they didn’t have shampoo in the room, even if we did want to use it). The room also didn’t have a hair dryer, and there was a hole in the wall where the front door knob had hit the wall, and it was crudely covered by clear packing tape. Real classy.

Also, on a side note, our friends stayed in a separate room as well, and their room had no remote for the TV, so they couldn't change channels for the night, and were stuck watching one channel (since it had a cable converter, you couldn’t change the channel without the remote).

Ironically, although they left the room that we paid for unlocked, the ice machine was thoroughly locked up, and since there weren’t any employees around, we couldn't get any ice for the night either. The people at the hotel (mostly in their 40s and 50s) were drinking/smoking constantly outside...which actually was fine (they all seemed perfectly nice), but the walls didn't keep any noise out, and you could hear everything going on in the motel complex all night and all morning. That made sleeping difficult, especially since the room’s mattress provided one of the most uncomfortable sleeping experiences we've ever had.

That all said, the motel was absurdly overpriced and probably one of the worst hotel experiences I’ve ever had. It was the type of place that high school kids scrape money together to stay at for prom weekend. Honest to God, if the price to stay again were 25 bucks, me and my girlfriend would still rather just sleep in the car. Don’t stay at this place if you have any other option (like sleeping in a car).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 333djc
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed for a few nights in August, 2011 based on good reviews indicating "clean". It is a very dated motel. We stayed in a suite on the second floor. Many other groups of people who stay there played loud music just outside the rooms for all to have to hear. Another group overtook pool area. My teenage girls wanted no part of any of it.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family