“Simply the Best,Better than all the Rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Driftwood Motel

Driftwood Motel
NEW JERSEY
“Simply the Best,Better than all the Rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have been visiting The Driftwood Motel in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey for the last 20 years with my family.I have nothing but the utmost love for the place! I was upset at reading an negative article about ,bedbugs!?Let me say emphatically,as I said before,20 years with my family and have not seen anything like it! I'll assume it was possible the jealous competition! I do know that after shopping around diligently for the best buy for your dollar,The Driftwood Motel takes the criteria ,hands down! My children love the pool and the private beach and always meet their friends they have met through-out the years! Anthony's snack bar is great and the staff is both funny and extremely helpful at recommending restaurants,fun things to do in the area or getting you a cab! I can't wait to get back there July and August ! THE views ARE GREAT ,ALSO!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank FORSHOREBOY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New York
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We spent a great weekend at the motel. Enjoyed the pool, beautiful beach, and convienent location of the property. I would certainly return!.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank larrycon
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I've got family at the Jersey Shore and have been coming to Point Pleasant Beach since I was a baby... so it's not often I have to rent a room to stay in town. However, I met up with three friends (20s & 30s) for Memorial Day Weekend and we decided to give the Driftwood a try.
Look, it's not the Ritz, but we didn't need the room for much. The beach was big enough to accommodate the guests staying on the property, and the pool looked like it was nice for kids (we didn't bother). The ice machine worked fabulously-- which, if you're accustomed to partying on the Jersey Shore, you know is a MUST. Parking is a bit of a cluster, but if you're bringing your Jersey Hummer maybe you should just park that big mama on the street.
Close to the boardwalk, but not so close I had to look at the freaks and weirdos all night. Office staff was super nice-- Teddy chatted me up for a while and even though they seem like they don't want to give you extra towels-- THEY WILL, just be nice. Hahaha.
One problem? Our room had the WORST toilet known to mankind. I'm not saying we did anything exotic in that thing-- it just couldn't handle ANYTHING. If you breathed on it the wrong way, it clogged. Um, kind of inconvenient, but whatever.
Me and my friends had a blast-- DO NOT waste your money at WHITE SANDS, they just rip you off. Stay here and spend the extra money on corndogs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank five0
fair lawn
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This hotel maybe family owned but its time they sold it because this place was a nightmare the tub in the bathroom did not drain and when I went to the front desk they guy there said "what do you want me to do?" We couldn't take showers and we didn't sleep all night because the people above us were playing beer pong all night. The people who run this place don't care about the comfort of their guests. They charge you when you check in and that should have put a red flag in my mind. A real disaster never Again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank ragininy
stony point
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Ihave been staying at the driftwood motel for # years now, I had previously stayed at other hotels in Point pleasant before, until i discovered the Driftwood! I stay there several times throught the season and continue to enjoy myself more and more everytime that I go. I truly feel like it is my home away from home. The romms are great, and the staff are wonderful! Thanks for another great start to the season!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank armani31483
Sparta, North Carolina
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Sorry, but our rooms had bed bugs. Yuck

We still love the Jersey Shore, however we will not be staying at The Driftwood anymore.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank RDughi
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This is a great place to stay with the family. The rooms are always througly cleaned, and prepared. This motel has a fantastic location; for example it has its own private beach and pool, along with walking distance to jenkinsons boardwalk, and about a ten minute drive to the seaside boardwalk. The DriftWood Motel is sandwhiced right between the ocean and the bay, so you have the best of both worlds here. Point Pleaseant Beach is a very exciting area with many great resturants for the whole family surrounding it. You can't go wrong staying here, with the phenominal staff, beautiful beach and bay, substantially clean rooms, and another bonus is the snack bar right by the beach. The Snack Bar by the Beach serves breakfeast and lunch, so you don't even have to leave the beach for food! Another important service that the driftwood offers is bucket and shovel rentals just incase you forget. Also, you are always safe on the driftwoods exclusive beach with there amzing life guard staff that strives to keep everyone safe and to have a good time, they are also very approachable with any questions you might have. I Have to say the Driftwood Motel is the best Motel along the Jersey coast. Finally if your not convinced about how good there rooms are they have for suites with picturesque views that you can literally frame. Make DriftWood Motel yuor place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family