“Day Va kay”

Point Pleasant Manor
New Jersey
“Day Va kay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Manor was very clean and a good place to stay at..The pool was heated and the facility is very kid friendly....The staff was very friendly and helpful too :)..The Manor also gives you a discount to go to the beach ..Boardwalk isn't that far either ...we walked to it... The rooms were very spacious ..You need to bring tissues and a clock....None in the room... There is a seven eleven in walkin distance :) ..

Room Tip: Room # 37 was great..right by your car :) Easy to get in and out of the facility.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Minatoneya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
new york
Reviewed August 25, 2013

When staying at a hotel/motel at the Jersey Shore you learn to except the mostly outdated, dingy, musty rooms that most places have to offer. Because after all, you are really there for the beach. I chose Point Pleasant Manor because of the great reviews and I was not dissapointed. When I arrived around 10:30 I was greeted at the desk in a big, clean, new lobby and told my room would be ready shortly (way before the 1:00 check in time). I changed in the VERY clean lobby restrooms and hung out by the pool in the back. The pool areas is very large, not like some hotels where the pictures make it look big but it's actually in the parking lot. There is a snack bar and a staff member BBQing all day long. Great atmoshphere. Everything looked clean and updated.

A friendly staff member gave me my key and room number and said as soon as I saw the cleaning lady leave, I could go in my room. She was in there for at least 45 minutes cleaning. Which was great because I knew it was clean!

My room had a king size bed, was very spacious, had newer furniture and was definitely clean. The bathroom was updated as well and I always get grossed out by hotel bathrooms.

The hotel is very close the beach access and about a 15 minute walk to the boardwalk (you can also take a cab or drive). I loved the location because the beach itself was fairly quiet, unlike the hotels right near the boardwalk.

I will definitely be back and I'm sad I waited until the end of the summer to come back to Point Pleasant. Thank you for a great trip and I'll see you next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank ashley m
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a great stay, location excellent, staff wonderful, pool great, also nice that they have a grill they sell for lunch time, very convient...room clean..I can not say enough for how great it was..Beach was around the corner..Boardwalk close..I will be back for sure..

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Anderann
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a great time. Location was nice and close to the beach. The room was spacious. The pool was lovely and clean. With all that said the service is what I found the most impressive. I had some great conversation and they were always smiling. Quick to lend a hand when needed. I haven't vacationed in a few years and this was a good one.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Nyguyalbany
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a very Pleasant experience at the Point Pleasant Manor. This hotel is located within a few steps from the beach. The rooms are newly refurnished and very comfortable. Todd, the manager on duty, was very pleasant and very helpful throughout our stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay at a cost-effective price, and enjoy the beach and Point Pleasant area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jack W
Wall Township, New Jersey
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was at the Manor during the off season for a few weeks and i found it to be very pleasant.The staff, maids and workers were very helpful, im an older gent and the staff seemed to go out of their way to make me comfortable. There was breakfast every morning and some mornings they would bring me bagels and cream cheese and coffee right to my room. Can't say enough about this place, clean, friendly, helpful. The owner used to tell me jokes all the time (clean ones) he is such a funny guy he made me feel so good always got me out of my slump The rates are very reasonable in the off season you should come here and relax.. I will return soon, hope they remember me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank john e
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here only for a night and a day just as a little mini vacation together. The "driver" was extremely creepy and suspicious as had a disgusting, dirty van and was beyond rude. The staff wasnt their friendliest and the room was very dirty. The sheets had holes in them, loose strands of black hair, (I don't have black hair and neither does my boyfriend), most of the lamps didn't work, or were absolutely filthy. We caught about 5 bugs in our room. The bed overall wasn't bad, despite the sheets. The room smelled funny and the air conditioner barely worked. It's manageable for a night, but definitely not coming here again. They need to keep their hotel more clean and be friendlier if they want more business. When we first came here, there were no guests in the lobby, and I've only seen two other occupants staying here, otherwise no one was staying here and I can see why.

• Stayed May 2013
9 Thank Roxyfrost
Anthony G, Owner at Point Pleasant Manor, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I think this review is simply not for our hotel. The reason I think it is incorrect is that the reviewer mentions that our driver is creepy and suspicious. We do not have a driver connected with our hotel, in any way shape or form. We do not provide transportation. Due to this major factual error please disregard this review as it cannot be true as it is written.