“Would stay there again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Windswept Motel

Windswept Motel
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Would stay there again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had no problem with this hotel. It's right on the beach.The front office was very nice and very helpful. The room was very clean. I did a thorough mattress check and it looked very clean and new. The carpet was clean. The only things people might mind would be the small older television and the bathroom had a shower stall, not a tub. We had a 1 queen bed room. There was no fridge or microwave in our room. Those are only in the double bed rooms. They offer a discount deal for friday-monday stays and the parking and beach passes are free. The free coffee in the morning was delicious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danadel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sunbury, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here July 13-16, 2012. My daughter, her husband, and little boy were next door. It was great. A short walk to the beach, with no streets to cross. Rooms were small, but very clean, and always made up by mid-morning. Excellent coffee is on the house along with USA Today. Numbered and assigned parking spaces - good idea. A small but adequate pool in the back that the grandson loved. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Although getting up in years (one guest said she'd been coming there for 30 years) the Windswept is well maintained. The only negative - the rooms could use a few more places to put things, not necessarily closets, but a few more flat surfaces for toiletries bags, etc. I had to set my phone on the soap dish over the bathroom sink to recharge it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room for a refrigerator so you can do breakfast and even lunch on your own. I find that r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Steveku2
Brooklyn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

The suites that have the balcony are the only rooms we stay in because of the nice view and space. All of the rooms are pricey but if you don't go during the summer it is okay. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Icecream1115
Dallas, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Motel was in a great location. It is on the beach and offers a beautiful view from the balcony. It is also in walking distance to the boardwalk. The rooms are average size and the bathrooms clean. We had a huge amount of bugs in our room. All kinds of bugs it made me crazy. There are NO restaurant facilities at the motel...not even coffee. The front desk clerk is not always available even during posted OPEN hours. There are NO beach chairs or Umbrellas to use or RENT so you had better have your own. The pool opens at 9:30 am and closes at 8:oo pm. So, no late swimming. At $275.00 per night not including tax you could definitely do better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Shaver5
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

This place was exactly what my wife and I were looking for.this motel is clean affordable and right on the beach. We had access to a private part of the beach that is quiet and calm. The service was good and we had a good experience .

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank Mont0723
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I attempted to bring business to this motel by using it as my main place to stay for my wedding. However, they would not block rooms for the event. Okay, I could handle that. Then they take 10% off even if you cancel 10 days in advance. Okay, I could handle that. AND THEN they would not let us reserve more than two rooms at a time because they "need to discuss their cancellation policies with individuals guests" even after we explained that we had relatives coming from the U.K. They wanted my relatives to "call individually". ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? The 20 rooms that they had available for the weekend of my wedding will not be booked by me, my family, or my friends. Tough tarts, Windswept.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank geraldine d
Milltown, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

There is something to be said about taking care of guests at an establishment that is in the hospitality industry. It is one thing to have a great motel on the ocean allowing guests to have beautiful views. But is clearly another thing for the owner not to make amends for a wrong that has taken place.

My wife and I were on our 1 year anniversary and stayed at the Windswept Motel. We only stayed for one night and had a wonderful time until we woke up the following morning. When we woke up my wife and I were getting ready for our day. We went to brush our teeth and the water was as brown as brackish water. I let the water run for about an hour hoping that the water would clear up. Additionally I ran the water in the shower it was brown. The house keeping staff was outside and we called this to their attention as we were unable to get an answer from the lobby. The house keeping staff looked at the water situation and were appalled at the brown water. They were unable to get a hold of a lobby staff member and we were told that someone would give us a call.

Because of this situation my wife and I were unable to shower so we had to cut our trip short and head home. We intended on spending some more time in the area.

We did not hear from them and finally today, Thursday April 19, 2012 we called once again. I told the receptionist about the water situation, she checked with the owner and we were told that we would be offered a 20% discount.

I did not think that this was a fair compromise and countered that I felt the room was worth $99 because of the water issue. She responded that the owner felt that he is being more than fair and that he would not discount our room any lower.

I then attempted to e-mail the owner, but the web site does not have a contact section.

The room was great, right on the water, but unfortunately the owner does not think that going above and beyond for future guests is important. Additionally, the personality of the owner or manager is more important than the location.

My wife and I will be using a different place to stay the next time we visit Point Pleasant.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple