“Brown water out of faucets - Owner not accommodating.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windswept Motel

Windswept Motel
Milltown, New Jersey, United States
“Brown water out of faucets - Owner not accommodating.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

There is something to be said about taking care of guests at an establishment that is in the hospitality industry. It is one thing to have a great motel on the ocean allowing guests to have beautiful views. But is clearly another thing for the owner not to make amends for a wrong that has taken place.

My wife and I were on our 1 year anniversary and stayed at the Windswept Motel. We only stayed for one night and had a wonderful time until we woke up the following morning. When we woke up my wife and I were getting ready for our day. We went to brush our teeth and the water was as brown as brackish water. I let the water run for about an hour hoping that the water would clear up. Additionally I ran the water in the shower it was brown. The house keeping staff was outside and we called this to their attention as we were unable to get an answer from the lobby. The house keeping staff looked at the water situation and were appalled at the brown water. They were unable to get a hold of a lobby staff member and we were told that someone would give us a call.

Because of this situation my wife and I were unable to shower so we had to cut our trip short and head home. We intended on spending some more time in the area.

We did not hear from them and finally today, Thursday April 19, 2012 we called once again. I told the receptionist about the water situation, she checked with the owner and we were told that we would be offered a 20% discount.

I did not think that this was a fair compromise and countered that I felt the room was worth $99 because of the water issue. She responded that the owner felt that he is being more than fair and that he would not discount our room any lower.

I then attempted to e-mail the owner, but the web site does not have a contact section.

The room was great, right on the water, but unfortunately the owner does not think that going above and beyond for future guests is important. Additionally, the personality of the owner or manager is more important than the location.

My wife and I will be using a different place to stay the next time we visit Point Pleasant.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jennifer V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bergenfield, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

All the rooms are now no smoking.. not even on the balconys..a desinated area in the parking lot will be smoking area..REALLY?? I think this will be a problem for those who smoke.If you want a cigarette with your coffee in the morning, you have to walk to the parking lot? Enjoying a wine on the balcony at night, but have to go to parking lot for a cigarette? I agree with no smoking rooms, but All of them?? not even the balconys? This will not work for me and many others i'm sure.. I'm booked for 4 nights in May, i'll let you know what i think about my stay..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Patti V
SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

I worked as a chambermaid at the Windswept motel 40 years ago. took a nostalgia drive this past weekend and it looks exactly the same. It was pristine in every way. As I looked at the building I just knew those rooms were spotless. I remember having to vacuum until I couldn't hear a sound of sand. I can also remember a famous artist that stayed there often. My favorite memory though is the owner chasing someone down the street with a broom because he was trying to upset her guests... You go Mrs. O......We loved you!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank suegiorgia
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I were at the Windswept the 11th, 12th and 13th of this month. We took advantage of the ocean front room being cheaper off season. The room was clean, the staff
was super friendly and helpful. The beach was super close. They had coffee at the front of
the office at 7am and a newspaper for my husband. We had stayed here about 6 or 7 years ago, the rooms still look the same and they still have a small tv, but, there was no reason to
made the room more "modern"
My only tiny "complaint" was that they start cleaning the rooms at 9am but I found out the
night before to ask for them not to come until after 10am. We definitely will come back again
next year....and the years after that.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank purpleroses898
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is the second year in a row that we stayed there. The room was immaculate, everyone including the manager is personable and willing to help you in any way that they can. The beach is right outside your door, along with free coffee and a newspaper to start your day! We checked other places in the immediate area and still would stay here as our first choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Catta18
warren,nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Ok the Positives, close to beach to-no crossing streets to get there-free beach passes- Close to friendly coffee house on broadwalk. Close to broadwalk - Clean rooms overall. Easy to get close with vehicle to room for loading and unloading stuff, ample icemaker. Good water pressure (problem down -the shore often). Negatives- thin walls- running children upstairs loud, swimming pool tiny- forget it- like a home pool- puny 20" tube tv set. 10am checkout time- all competition is 11am- hard with children to get out that early...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Nick M
Wanaque, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is the 4th year I've stayed here with my grandkids. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly & the location is great. The pool is just okay, would like some chaise lounge chairs around the pool but there's no room and after 3pm the building cast a shadow over half of the pool. Everything else about the place is great, free coffee & newspaper in the morning till 12pm, free beach passes & wifi. My grandkids & I will be back next year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park
Pelican Point Motel
Pelican Point Motel
#1 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Windswept Motel? Share your experiences!