“Delicious!”

Spano's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Spano's Ristorante Italiano is a wonderful little store front restaurant just like you see in Brooklyn, with a quaint interior featuring oversized comfy booths and Italian music to complete the ambiance. The restaurant gets bustling after 6pm, and on weekends there can be quite a wait. The good news is they're open 7 days a week, so you can get the same amazing food on Tuesday without a wait. Speaking of the food, its authentic old world Italian prepared by Chef Joseph Spano. All ingredients are fresh, never frozen...fresh local fish and seafood, the highest quality veal, cut and pounded daily for the Veal dishes, Same with the chicken and eggplant, all prepared fresh daily. Spano's marinara sauce is the original winner of the Boss of the sauce contest sponsored by a local radio station and featuring all of the Shores Italian restaurants, as voted by a panel of judges and the general public. All of our ravioli, cheese filled, lobster, and specialty (like roasted butternut squash, or Osso Bucco) are handmade. They make the dough, they make the filling, and they stuff and cut each ravioli by hand. The portions are oversized, and the prices are very reasonable. They have an extensive menu and use only Certified Angus Beef, many of the dishes can be seen on their Facebook page at spanosristoranteitaliano and they open daily at 4pm. 7 days a week. With homemade desserts like the NY cheesecake, tiramisu, bread pudding and apizza dolce (Italian ricotta cheesecake) and delicious Cappuccino to finish off your meal, you can't go wrong at Spano's!
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to go for an early dinner on a Saturday night. We got there around 5:30 and were seated right away. We had bread with butter and bruschetta on our table, water glasses filled, and wine glasses immediately. Our waitress was awesome - I wish I could remember her name. I couldn't decide between eggplant rollatini and penne vodka. She told me to order the eggplant rollatini and she would give me penne vodka as my side. Both were absolutely delicious. My boyfriend got the CHICKEN GIANCANA which he loved. The portions are very generous and we both had enough leftovers for a big dinner the next night. We had the chocolate covered cannoli - yummy! The service was very attentive but not annoying. There was a big crowd waiting to get in when we left at 6:45. We moved to the are about 6 months ago and have been trying different places in the area and this is by far, our favorite.

1  Thank Iryshcreem

Reviewed April 8, 2011

We just moved to Wall from north Jersey, have tried a few restaurants at the shore before moving down...we always felt like tourists,,now we feel like we're home @SPANO'S...GREAT food at great prices and the service was so friendly and attentive...we wish we knew about Spanos long before our first visit there a few weeks ago..our neighbors couldn't say enough good about their favorite eatery..now we're on board!! I had the Fiesta...WOW! My husband had his old standby Chicken Parm...said it was the best he ever had! Can't wait to return with family this summer (we'll be back before then!) Jean Watson

1  Thank lovetheshore_11
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We finally got to visit this restaurant last night after hearing so much about it and we were not disappointed. Everything was fantastic! We came during the week because we heard they are very busy on the weekend My husband and I shared the crabcake appetizer and they were delicious filled with lump crabmeat and served on a yummy lobster sauce. I had the homemade lobster ravioli that were to die for and my husband had the seafood fra diavalo which was a mix of lobster tail shrimp scallops mussels clams and pasta, it was in his words the best thing he has ever eaten and he had lunch for the next day because it was so big. I would definately reccomend this restaurant !

1  Thank lennyjones
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I visit Spano's quite often and have never been disappointed. The food is consistently delicious, the service is excellent, and it's a byob restaurant. My favorite appetizer is the crab cakes. They are the BEST I have ever had! The pasta dishes are all fabulous, the fish is always very fresh, and the steak is cooked to perfection. Joe Spano cares about every dish that leaves his kitchen, and it shows.

4  Thank EileenLaterza
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Highly recommended, the food was delicious, and the prices were very reasonable.