“Below average diner” 3 of 5 stars
Review of OB Diner

OB Diner
Cuisines: Italian, Greek, American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Legendary jersey shore diner. "ob diner" breakfast, lunch, dinner & late night.
Brooklyn
“Below average diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have come to this diner for years and I agree with other reviewers that stated that it used to be better. It is outdated and does not appear too clean. The quality and value of the food is not like it used to be. We ordered three dinners and all were dry and tasted stale. Our waitress explained to us that the food was like that because it was the "end of the night". Well if they consider 7pm the "end of the night" something is wrong. The bathrooms were small and dirty with broken hand towel dispensers. I can no longer recommend this diner.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Icecream1115
Santon1, Manager at OB Diner, responded to this review, November 25, 2015
Not a below Average Diner anymore.

New Owner have taken the Property Over, renovated and updated the Diner.

Point Pleasant, West Virginia
“OB, No, G.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Used to love it, food preperation has changed, for the worse

Visited August 2011
Santon1, Manager at OB Diner, responded to this review, November 25, 2015
OB is open again. Clean and renovated.

Under New Owners since November 2014.

Come and Try.
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
“Falling Fast.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This place definitley looks dirty. It has gone down hill over the years. The only thing that is actually good there is their waffles. I ordered a side of homefries once and all I could taste was the dirty grill....gross. I live around the block from this diner and avoid it like the plague, unless of course I want a waffle.Everything else I despise. There are much better places to eat in point and their are other diners in the brick or manaquan areas that I would suggest before going to this place.

Visited June 2012
Santon1, Manager at OB Diner, responded to this review, November 25, 2015
Yes, it fell fast and closed.

HOWEVER, November of 2014, New Owners took over.

Clean, Renovated and Updated.
new jersey
“Will never eat here again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We took the kids to Jenkinson's Boardwalk. We wanted to get out of the heat and eat dinner at an air conditioned place. Plus, my husband loves diners & we thought we'd get a good meal. Boy, were we wrong! The diner smelled and looked unclean. I should have left then, but we had two hungry kids. If you have kids, you understand. The air conditioning wasnt working well that hot night. Our waitress seemed spacey & overcome by the heat that night. Our meal took forever to arrive and we didn't order anything complicated. The waitress said they were short in the kitchen. . When our drinks arrived, my glass was dirty. We eat our dinner, get out of there and head home. Hours later we all wake up within a half hour of one another and become sick. We got food poisoning from this place and I would suggest you do not subject your family to what we went through. Having your entire family sick at the same time was not fun. We were violently ill. If you've never had food poisoning, trust me...you never want to. It was horrible for all of us. It is four days later and we still can't eat anything other than rice or pasta. We are still weak. When I called the diner to warn them that we became very ill, they were rude. I don't like to write negative reviews, but if I can save a family from what my family just went through...I will feel better.

Visited June 2012
Try the OB Diner Now.

Completely Renovated and Updated, Clean and delicious Food.

Under New Ownership since November 2014.
Bay Head, New Jersey
“Great Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

One of the best diners on the Jersey shore. Very Clean and great food.