“Family owned”

Tornandez Restaurante Mexicano
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Description: Not your regular tex-mex stop. We cook our food and meat fresh as it is ordered. Our salsas are made fresh daily. Our Mole Poblano is made from scratch and not paste.
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. My husband and I were out celebrating and wanted to try some place new. This is a gem of a spot. Family owned and very nice. I highly recommend! Can't wait to bring all my friends.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I found this little eatery quite by accident. Our server was very attentive and helpful. We enjoyed the pork tacos and the special of chicken enchiladas. Everything was freshly prepared and very tasty. The restaurant was spotless and bright. It was an inviting place. We will go back again when we are in the area.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I recently visited this little gem in Point Pleasant. We were drawn in by the sign "Authentic Mexican Food." It really was. The place is small but so cozy and very clean. The owners greeted us and made us feel so welcome. We tried several dishes and each one was better than the one before. Spicy but not overwhelmingly hot, the flavor builds. Of course, if you like very spicy, I am sure they will accommodate you. The portions were generous. I can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Nice and mom and pop family restaurant. The mole sauce is outstanding, beans and rice has great flavor. A bit pricey for mexican food but decent portions and worth the trip.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have visited this restaurant three times for lunch and each time I enjoyed my meal. It is fresh, authentic and home cooked food that is prepared as you wait. The tacos, tortas and cemitas are all very good. The portions seem reasonable for the price. There was certainly enough food for lunch and a side of the customary rice and beans was unnecessary. The owners, Nick and Minerva are extremely accommodating. I plan to return often in the future.