“Wonderful, Real Barbeque joint that Delivers every time!”
Review of Woodchucks BBQ

Woodchucks BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Description: woodchucks bbq...We Deliver!!!
“Wonderful, Real Barbeque joint that Delivers every time!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This little place comes to you from one of the original chefs of Southern House, the original great BBQ joint in Point a Pleasant. The other owns Hickory Hog also in Point Pleasant. While the menus are similar, this place delivers while Hickory Hog does not. I think that Woodchuck is slightly better. Particularly the house salad, the sweet potato fries. The small bucket of smoked BBQ chicken gets you 6 pieces of perfectly prepared chicken. That, a small side of ribs, a salad and a small onion loaf (also excellent) is plenty for 3 or 4 eaters. This is a BYO and is not located next to a liquor store so don't forget the beer & wine. Great service as well!

Visited April 2014

Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“fantastic food!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great BBQ great prices...the ribs are amazing! they offer deliver ..try the grilled brisket and cheese sandwich...always a fantastic meal!

• Visited October 2013
NJ Shore
“Great food, great prices. I vote yes. ”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I love BBQ. Seriously.
So I didn't expect much from a little joint on rt88 in point pleasant.
BOY, WAS I WRONG!
I did takeout.
I had the baby-back/steak tip combo, with fries and baked beans. Ribs were perfectly done, almost falling off. The rub and sauce was delicious. Steak was tender, perfectly cooked and a perfect mate to the ribs.
Let me say a word about their bakes beans. WOW! I mean wow. Get them even as an extra side.
Pussycat isn't BBQ crazy like me so she just got a cheeseburger. It was an 8oz angus with nice cheddar. She seemed happy with it but wasn't sure if it was true Angus. I was too busy pigging out to pay attention.
If you need a push in the door, this review is it.
I'll go back.
Soon.

Ottawa, Canada
“BBQ at its best”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Pretty much as good as BBQ gets. Small restaurant off the highway, innocuous looking from outside.

Had the half rack of ribs with steak tips. The ribs were falling off the bone, and were cooked "perfect" - both a dry rub and BBQ sauce. The steak was tender as could be and their BBQ sauce was great. Sides were pretty good too. Check it out if you're in the area.

• Visited September 2013
New Jersey
“Pulled Pork was great!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

They opened at 4pm today and I was the first customer of the day! I needed their pulled pork sandwich. Tender shredded meat on a beautiful bun. Sauce is yummy. If I hadn't taken my order to go I would have put even more sauce on the sandwich just because it's finger licking good. Cole slaw was a refreshing partner on the side. Bonus- I got a Rita's ice while I was waiting. :)

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank amtwildcat
ironcitisc, Owner at Woodchucks BBQ, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review.....It makes us very happy to know that people like you are enjoying our food and that makes all the hard work worth it ! Thanks again !!