“Acceptable for half the price.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant

Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Point Pleasant
Dalton, Massachusetts
“Acceptable for half the price.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

Had to stay in PPB for a night and had few choices. This was a wrong one. If it were half the cost it would have been acceptable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JJB105

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was expecting a very nice hotel for the $290 spent for a night there, and it would be the equivalent of a Motel 6 anywhere else but the Jersey Shore. Plus it was a 10-15 minute drive from the beach, so I don't know how they can even say they are "at the beach". The only good thing about it was the free cable. Big deal.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1-picky-traveler-13

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant hotels

Bedminster, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

Second stay at this motel. First one was great, hence the reason we came back. This stay was HORRIBLE! Checked in and went up to the room, attempted to use the toilet and when flushing, OVERFLOWED!! I shut off the water and asked the front desk for some assistance and a plunger to see if it was clogged (only urinated in toilet), I was handed a plunger and sent on my way. I took off the lid and realized that the toilet workings were sabotaged! The fill spout was not over the overflow chamber, but over the tank, causing it to overflow. Fixed that and the cleaned the floor with the cleaner supplied after second trip to front desk. When walking down to the front desk, 2 people “fornicating” in the POOL! In the broad day light. When checking out 2 other people complained about their toilets!! Room smelled like bug spray, bad! Then turned down one bed and noticed BLOOD on the sheets, asked for new sheets and after the third degree, handed 2 sheets to make my own bed! After being out for the night, turned down bed number 2, also with BLOOD in the sheets, second call, third degree, 2 new sheets to make the bed myself! The motel staff was very rude and unapologetic about the whole situation. Oh and its on a busy road and 1 mile from the beach, by car. The continental breakfast is stale cereal and some bread to toast. And the high speed internet would not connect. There were also bullet holes in the bathroom door. Stay and swim at your own risk!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank angelcutiemh
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Only after an hour of laying down I opened my eyes to a few bed bugs crawling next to me.After jumping out of bed and packing up at 5:30 in the morning we went to the front desk with the proof of the bugs the hotel staff and manager proceeded to accuse us of bringing the bugs so that we can receive a discount on the room.The manager and front desk clerk told me they had never seen anything like that before and he was going to call his guy! I told him to call ecolab that would be more appropriate then "his guy"!.I was extremely disappointed in the customer service and the cleanliness of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carissarfashion
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

I wanted to spend some quality time with my partner and we choose the Jersey Shore to visit - Of all the locations we reviewed online , the Quality Inn, Point Pleasant looked the best . Well let me tell you we were not disappointed one bit - the room was beautiful, cafeteria was spacious and service was excellent - whenever I had a question whoever was at the desk went above and beyond - On top of everything else they had all kinds of freebies for the boardwalk, food and passes - My wife loved it and we both had an excellent 3 days - I will definitely go back and I would highly recommend Quality Inn, point Pleasant Motel to anyone looking to spend time on the shore..

Thanks to management..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jasonsmith1018
Denver, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

This was the most tense, uncomfortable, and nerve-wracking night I've ever spent in a motel or hotel. It's also the first time I've stayed in a motel/hotel and was not able to get to sleep at all; not even for a minute.

We checked into the Quality Inn, Pt. Pleasant, NJ on 12/25, on a chilly, rainy Christmas Day. The room was small but clean and nicely furnished. It was very cold inside, however, and took several hours to warm up to a comfortable temperature. The bathroom remained uncomfortably cold during our entire stay. The heater in the room was noisy and kept kicking on/off frequently, and alternated between blowing warm air followed by blowing cold air each time the thermostat cycled off.

But enough about the room.

We left in mid-afternoon to go spend the holiday with family. We returned to the room about 11:30 p.m. and shortly after that heard loud banging/thumping/crashing noises from the room next door. This continued for about 20 minutes and was followed by loud and repeated pounding at the door of that room. When I looked out to see what was going on, the police were there and said they were trying to get the occupant to open the door, and get the situation resolved. I am not sure if they ever got the person to open the door, but my husband looked out shortly after that and the police were going into the lobby toward the front desk.

After the police left, the noises continued all night -- constant crashing and banging of items against the wall, the sound of someone repeatedly rummaging through their personal items, and repeated opening and loud slamming of the door. The occupant seemed to keep leaving the room about every 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, and then would return shortly afterwards and start tossing things around again. At one point in the wee hours, a car arrived. I heard a female voice in the parking lot and then in the room. After about 30 minutes she left. The noise kept up until about 6:00 a.m., when I finally gave up trying to sleep and got up to get ready to leave.

I considered calling the police again myself, or the front desk, but the neighbor had already been reported by someone else and nothing had been done. Whatever this person was up to, the management didn't seem to care, and I didn't want to draw attention to us and have to spend the night there with a neighbor who was angry with us.

I spoke with the man at the front desk before leaving, and he said we should have called to request a new room. Let's see... get out of bed in the middle of the night, get my husband out of bed, arrange for a new room, get dressed, gather our belongings from various places around the room/bathroom, repack them, move (in the middle of the night, in winter and the pouring rain) to a new room that was probably just as cold as the first one, then try to warm that room up and get settled again so we could go back to bed. I would not have gotten to sleep in time to get any rest, even if we had moved.

Don't bother with this place unless your plans include staying awake all night.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaEBradshaw
imgoodluck17
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2009

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our three night stay at this motel. We selected the Quality Inn because a lot of hotels close to the beach are not name brand and to be quite frank, they're often sleazy and not the cleanest. Although this hotel was just under a mile away from the beach, we were always able to snag free roadside parking with a short walk.

We had a queen bed non smoking room on the second floor and I felt that it was of decent size. It was newly renovated, very clean, and housekeeping came and cleaned it thoroughly each day. Most importantly to me, the bed sheets were clean. There were enough pillows, blankets, and towels (I hate asking for extras). The continental breakfast was pretty decent, as long as you can get up that early (6am-9am). There were other young people like us (early twenties) that obviously came to point pleasant to enjoy the nightlife, but no one was disrespectful, overly noisy, or questionably loitering.

I felt like the management was very nice. We booked our room online maybe two weeks in advance and had no problems with the reservation and the price we had expected (I believe it was 110 on weeknights and 150 on weekends, but don't quote me on that). The only problem we did have was the light bulb blew out in the bathroom but we called management and they came up right away. This hotel was the best choice for us and I feel like we would go back next year.

Diane, Upstate New York, 23

The Grenville
The Grenville
#1 of 1 in Bay Head
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Been to Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant? Share your experiences!