“Sleep In Your Car First!!”

Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Point Pleasant
new york
“Sleep In Your Car First!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2008

While standing in line I listened to 3 arguments with the manager and other guests who were trying to check in! They tried to double the rate with one woman. The second woman was asked for a reservation number,When she produced it they told her that wasn't good enough - they wanted the Reservation Letter!!THERE IS NO SUCH THING!! Another woman had requested a room on the ground floor (3 months in advance) because her husband is in a wheelchair.They told her all the ground floor rooms were taken and she would have to take a room on the upper level. After 45 minutes I was finally next in line.When I told them I had to cancel my reservation they were down right NASTY and INSULTING!The manager got very mad and kept asking me why I didn't like him! After arguing with him for 20 minutes I walked out.Now they have billed my credit card for over $160.00 after they said the fee would be $75.00 !!
These people have no right working with the public!! I called the complaint number and that was an even bigger joke!! They don't even know who the OWNER is!! Do yourself a favor - DON't stay at this place!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tweetygirlnewyork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
NYC
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Had stayed a couple of nights in Long Beach Island and wanted to stay a couple of nights at Point Pleasant Beach for a mini vacation with my daughter before she returned to college. Expedia advertises this hotel as near the boardwalk/beach. IT ISN'T. It is over a mile away, with no services around it whatsoever. It is in a desolate, industrial, ugly part of town with no beach or rides, or boardwalk to be seen anywhere. You can't even go out and get a hamburger or a soda.

The owner is rude and defiant and refuses to refund money to people who won't stay in his hotel because of his false advertising. There were more people fighting with him about the very same thing. And the charge during the summer for one night was $211!!! DON'T STAY HERE. You will be sorry.

• Liked — NICE BEDSPREAD
  • Disliked — the location of the hotel and the animosity of the owner
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant hotels

Wyckoff, NJ
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for one night. We had a wedding to go to nearby. Although the rooms were small, they were VERY clean, which to me is the most important thing. After a run, my husband went in the pool - looked clean, although they warned us that it was chilly. I have to say that I was very impressed at how well this hotel was taken care of. Check in was very easy. We did not take advantage of the free continental breakfast. Great for one or two nights. Do not hesitate to stay here.

• Liked — It was clean!
  • Disliked — The rooms were small.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CindyHebert
Nottingham
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I was denied a parking space so why is this place a MOTEL?? Hotel staff told me there was a bike hire place down the road but there wasn't and I was left stranded without an apology. My friends tried ringing me but were put through to the wrong room or just cut off. I was told the train station was walking distance - it is about 1 mile which is a long way with bagagge when you don't have a parking space! I checked out 1 day early and was rudely told I should have checked out with 72 hours notice to get a refund. Every time I was in reception the manager was being rude to somebody on the phone!!!
But... the room was fairly clean, there is a nice little pool and the diner opposite is good for breakfast.

• Liked — Pool and diner opposite
  • Disliked — Staff rudeness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 3, 2003

I stayed here in 2000, and was really impressed by the way the managment made my family feel so welcome.They really went the extra mile to make us comfortable

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,168 reviews
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#9 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Amethyst Beach Motel
Amethyst Beach Motel
#8 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant? Share your experiences!