New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Point Pleasant
linden
“Very nice trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bad motel location pool was dirty small. Chairs were all over the place small tv i couldn't understand a single word the staff said. people can see you while driving next to the motel while your in the pool if you are insecure you wont be having fun with alot of people staring at you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hackettstown, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

For spending about $200 a night for a room the hotel room wasn't very clean. The bathrooms need to be cleaner and most of the bed sheets had holes in them. The latch on the door which opens to the parking lot is not placed high enough were children can't reach. We had to baracade the door with suitcases and furniture so our kids wouldn't get out.

Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant hotels

Hagaman, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had a reservation at a rodeway hotel that is owned by the same owners of this quality inn. At that hotel, there was blood on the carpets and holes in the walls. The rodeway manager sent me to this hotel. He told me I would get the same rate (I used points and paid for a second room). At the front desk at 2am I asked the woman how much she was charging me. In front of witnesses, she said she was just charging me for 1 room (just like I was promised at the rodeway). It was difficult to understand her, but everyone believed her to have said that she was charging for jsut one room! The next day, I saw my bank account and was charged for 2 rooms! I complained to a new staff member but he was not very understanding or cooperative. THe language issue was a struggle. I believe that since both hotels are operated by the same people, that they sent me to the Quality Inn in order to scam me out of more money! SHAME!!

2 Thank mlinny
Seacaucus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Me and my friends had been planning an overnight beach trip for the longest time. We heard that many of the motels and hotels in beach areas were not as pleasant as the beach suggested, however we took a chance. Despite the many negative reviews about the Quality Inn , it did not fail to deliver great quality service. I was greeted very kindly by the staff and was helped with whatever i needed. The rooms were cleaned every day and towels and other necessities were made available whenever needed. My friends and I enjoyed the spacious and clean pool area. The best part of this hotel was the furnished sundeck. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is trying to spend the night in the seaside/point pleasant area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bill G
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The rooms were adequate and very clean and the pool was cleaned every morning. The staff were very friendly and polite they always stopped and spoke to you. We had two rooms on ground level, which was great.
The only down side is it was a bit far from the beach, we had to get taxi's, but this was not a big deal. All in all no complaints what so ever about this hotel a great holiday and cant wait to go back!

2 Thank Samantha Z
Roselle Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We pull up no parking. Finally had to go to the back and it was really tight. Check in was quick. The person at counter was hard to understand. But when we asked about shuttle to beach that was advertised they said they had no shuttle and to contact board walk. When I asked at board walk the said some hotels or motels over hat and beach badges but it's from the hotels. So tha was a bummer now because we now had to pay $30 for parking each time we went. We went in our room and it smelled. There were spider outside our room.The microwave and fridge were nasty. The carpets were really dirty. The sheets had a blood stain. We requested new one idnt make to much o a difference.By this point we were really hesitant to stay. We kept killing two spiders. But as we called around most places were around the same price yet no availability. When we asked how much we would have to pay to cancel. And they said we had to pay no matter what. In order to get a refund you mus cancel 72hr. In advanced .So we decided to stay. Getting to beach was a challenge. The so called breakfat was horrible. We went at 8 and the hardly had anyhng we were told when i asked what else thy had they said it was first come basis and maybe i should have come earlier. Fin ally when we were going to check out we requested late check out as choice members and were told that they do at. I said but we have the privilege with an arrogant attitude they said the rules are the same for all here. I told them I would complain and he said to go ahead. So we left. That morning me and my mom noticed we had several bites and t irst thought maybe it was mosquito bites which we found strange because it was just us and we didn't recall mosquito at the night yet these than realized they were bed bugs. They are litterally all over my arms back and leg. It is horrible I ad to put everything to wash and dry. And in a middle of a heat wave avoid going out or wearing long sleeve to covers arms it looks horrible not to mention its such an irritating sensation.

Room Tip: Sleep n your car
3 Thank Karla C
MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I get a family discount on any choice hotels so I frequently stay at choice hotel hotels and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We chose point pleasant because we read that the hotels in Seaside Heights weren't that great so we figured this would be a nice alternative, boy was I wrong. 1st The parking lot is so small you can barely walk through it. I drive a G6 which is a smaller car and it was difficult for us to use the parking lot without being very very cautious of hitting another car or the wall of the pool which is right in the middle of the parking lot in a circle shape. I really couldn't imagine parking there with a truck or SUV. The spots are hard enough to get out of and there are a few spots that you will be trapped in if there are cars on both sides because there are a few awkward spots. 2nd we got there at 2:45 and they let us check in even though check in wasn't until 3. We unloaded all our stuff walked up the stairs and house keeping wasn't even close to our room. We literally waited outside in the heat for 45 mins for them to clean our room. They looked like slobs no uniforms and appearance was a mess. Not to mention the rooms are smoke free and they were smoking instead the room while cleaning it. 3rd When I checked in they reassured me that no charges or holds were being made to my account because I told them that we would be paying at the end of the week. They said it would be fine. An hour later I get a text from my bank saying that I was charged the whole amount of the room. I asked the hotel to fix it and they would not so I had to call and have the bank drop the hold. Also not to be rude but they are foreigners that have very hard to understand English and it is very clear that when they wanted to talk about you they spoke their native tongue. 4th Our room was decent but many issues with different things. The sheets literally all had blood stains on them and the pillows had yellow stains on them. We approached the front desk with that and he said oh sorry they are all like that. I was disgusted. We never got clean towels, toilet paper, and we had to take our own trash out. We had to seriously argue with him to get another blanket and it smelled. Our screen to the window wasn't on track it was just leaning on the window. Spots on the carpet. The only plus was on demand cable and a sun deck with chairs. 5th when I checked out we paid partial with cash and partial with credit. My receipt read the correct information but my bank account read other wise. I called them to get it fixed and they said nothing but our computers read that the correct amount was taken out. So I called the bank and they reassured that the wrong amount was taken out. They suggested maybe it was a hold for extra charges but the hotel said it wasn't that it was the right amount taken out nothing more. The son i believe told me if I had a problem with them to call a lawyer. I cussed him out and call the bank back and they took it out. I have never had such bad customer service. I was in shock that a professional place talked to me the way they did. They are crooks and con artist. Also it is 25 minutes away from the beach so not worth it to save a few dollars. If you want a headache book this place, if you want a good time find another place to stay. Also it is in an awkward location. Also I would like to add I am always a little skeptical to listen to peoples bad reviews because it could be just them but this hotel was legit horrible and wish I would've listened to reviews.

Room Tip: STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE but if you do stay get a room on the second floor. The stairs are a pain after a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Shore Point Motel
Shore Point Motel
#10 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#9 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Pelican Point Motel
Pelican Point Motel
#1 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Windswept Motel
Windswept Motel
#4 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant? Share your experiences!