“Bad experience, will never return.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant

Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Point Pleasant
New York City, New York
“Bad experience, will never return.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We expected our room to be somewhat decent for the price that we paid. The room looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years. There were stains everywhere--on the walls, bedding, bathroom, etc. The man who brought us the extra sheets and blanket showed up shirtless. I get that it's a beach town, but it seemed beyond unprofessional. The sheets that were brought up were not folded. He had them draped over his shirtless body like he went to an empty room and pulled the sheets right off of the bed. There were stains all over the new sheets/blankets we requested as well. When we left the room for the day, we left the "do not disturb" sign outside on the door knob so the staff wouldn't go in the room. They went to our room anyway. All in all, I would say that this place is run by people who have no idea how to run a hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank einna728

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Farmingdale, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel to try and enjoy a nice weekend however we couldn't due to the terrible safety issues of the room. When I first got into the room I checked it out and it wasn't too bad it was really small and kind of smelled but I was like ok what did I expect anyway. After I thoroughly inspected the room I tried to figure out how to to lock the door because it wouldn't even close all the way. So I decide to ask the man at the counter to help me out with this room. He came right away to try to help me and brought a big pry bar he then actually tried to pry the door up so it didn't interfere with the carpet and it actually closed. This by the way could have been solved way before the room was booked. then when he finally makes it able to close, he leaves and then lock the door and i see what happens if i push the door really hard. It opens while its supposed to be locked. So don't keep any valuables in there just in case someone breaks in. The continental breakfast was bad too i had a hair in my milk the muffins aren't baked their packaged and if you cant get down before 9pm the bacon will be yellow. The people from the lobby don't speak very well english but that's not to bad. and oh yeah if your alone don't bother locking the bathroom door because you might not ever be able to get out.

Room Tip: Don't book at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andrew1992

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant hotels

Pemberton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I booked a reservation for one night's stay on 5/26/11 with this hotel through priceline.com. On the day of the reservation, an issue came up hindering me from being able to come. At 1:15pm on 5/26 I called Quality inn to ask if I would be able to cancel. The concierge tried but ultimately said she was unable to because the booking had been made through priceline. Reluctantly I decided that I would sort out the issue and go stay at the hotel because I'd have to pay for it anyway. However, at 6:30pm, I called the hotel back to ask another question regarding my reservation. The concierge, a different one this time, told me that my reservation had been canceled. I figured that the woman I spoke to earlier had been able to cancel it after all, so I did not come to the hotel that evening. I checked my bank account the following morning, and I had been charged full price for a no-show. I called the hotel to sort this out and was told that "the reservation could not be canceled because you may only cancel prior to 72 hours before the stay." I told the gentleman that I was not told that on the phone by their staff, I was told that my reservation had been canceled. He offered no resolution or sympathy, only continued to repeat that same sentence. I complained of their poor customer service and told them I would report them to corporate and the better business bureau. He replied "go ahead," and hung up on me.

These people are crooks. Not only was the entire situation completely unethical, but there was absolutely no attempt to resolve the matter. As long as they had their measly 80 bucks, they were done with me. Hope that's enough money to buy them souls.

Room Tip: Run as fast as you can. Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank shmadrienne
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

My family and I stayed at Quality Inn for Sunday and Monday night the hotel was clean and very quiet, comfortable room...however it was a long walk to the beach 25 mim each way...after the walk to and back from the beach i was ready to leave this hotel. We had to cross major highways just to get to safe ground...we thought it would be cheaper to stay here but it cost just as much as staying near the boardwalk...we had to pay for parking 25 dollars...we could not find any free parking....and then passes to get on the beach each day we stayed there....so when we go to pt.pleasant beach again we will stay right near the beach....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank ettieNy
Dalton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Had to stay in PPB for a night and had few choices. This was a wrong one. If it were half the cost it would have been acceptable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JJB105
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was expecting a very nice hotel for the $290 spent for a night there, and it would be the equivalent of a Motel 6 anywhere else but the Jersey Shore. Plus it was a 10-15 minute drive from the beach, so I don't know how they can even say they are "at the beach". The only good thing about it was the free cable. Big deal.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1-picky-traveler-13
Bedminster, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Second stay at this motel. First one was great, hence the reason we came back. This stay was HORRIBLE! Checked in and went up to the room, attempted to use the toilet and when flushing, OVERFLOWED!! I shut off the water and asked the front desk for some assistance and a plunger to see if it was clogged (only urinated in toilet), I was handed a plunger and sent on my way. I took off the lid and realized that the toilet workings were sabotaged! The fill spout was not over the overflow chamber, but over the tank, causing it to overflow. Fixed that and the cleaned the floor with the cleaner supplied after second trip to front desk. When walking down to the front desk, 2 people “fornicating” in the POOL! In the broad day light. When checking out 2 other people complained about their toilets!! Room smelled like bug spray, bad! Then turned down one bed and noticed BLOOD on the sheets, asked for new sheets and after the third degree, handed 2 sheets to make my own bed! After being out for the night, turned down bed number 2, also with BLOOD in the sheets, second call, third degree, 2 new sheets to make the bed myself! The motel staff was very rude and unapologetic about the whole situation. Oh and its on a busy road and 1 mile from the beach, by car. The continental breakfast is stale cereal and some bread to toast. And the high speed internet would not connect. There were also bullet holes in the bathroom door. Stay and swim at your own risk!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Amethyst Beach Motel
#7 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 400 reviews
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#9 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 644 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant? Share your experiences!