“RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !! IM SERIOUS !!”

Oh St Joseph Resort Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Brooklyn, New York
“RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !! IM SERIOUS !!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed there for Memorial day weekend & the hallways were dark,damp & smelled like mildew and smoke. The rooms were the same with the exception of broken headboards, broken TV with only 2 stations working.
Cigarette burn marks on the comforters.
Carpeting always felt wet, NO towels, maid would leave one !!
No hot water ! Ice machines did not work !
other guests were complaining as well.
Buyers beware !

Room Tip: on the strip were travelodge,ramada
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Havie1818

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at Harrahs. Very nice clean hotel it has a resort feel. The buffet is excellent they have a large variety of food and desserts. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Gingergirl456
New Jersey
Reviewed August 1, 2011

With that said, I wasn't expecting a 5-star hotel, but I was at least expecting it to be clean. We checked in on Saturday around 4pm. There was a line of people waiting to check in and only one guy working the reception desk. Between him booking rooms over the phone and trying to serve customers in line, it took about 30 minutes before I got my room keys. We go to our our room (#146) and it smelled like death, mildew, and mold. It was dark, humid, and sticky-felling. Immediately I called the front desk and told them this room was unacceptable. He apologized and offered us a different room. We got to our room (#206) and it was so much better. The room was lit up nice, smelled better (although I'm sure every room smells like cigarrette smoke..even the hallways smell of smoke), and the sheets looked almost brand new. I realize that room #206 must be a renovated room. We ended up next to very loud noisy neighbors who finally settled down around 2 a.m. The hotel is definitely sketchy and I would make sure you can see your car from your window. Our television had 5 channels and the picture and sound quality of the channels were horrible. This hotel used to be a Quality Inn and I can see why they lost their flag.

If this wasn't a last minute booking, I would have never stayed here.

Room Tip: If you aren't satisfied with your room, ASK FOR ANOTHER! All rooms are NOT created alike
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Pleasantville hotels

Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This place was terrible. The people at check in cant speak English and didn't know why the pool was closed. The snack bar/restaurant was not open. The TV had only 3 stations that worked and one was a golf channel. Room and entire hotel needs to be updated. To top it all off I am a C.S.I and found a lot of semen on the bedding under ultraviolet light!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We booked a room because it was "recommended" by an agent from getaroom.com. When we got there and went to our room the smell could not be ignored. It was horrible. Once in the room my wife took off her shoes and the carpet was wet. The manger gave us another room that was suposedly non-smoking, yet it smelled musty and smoky. We finally decided that we could not stay there because it was so bad. Paid a little more, but got a much cleaner room right in AC.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laxer22
manchester
Reviewed August 26, 2010

The rooms are fine; clean and roomy, but I agree with the other reviews that they do smell a little damp. The only selling point for me was the gym. However, the equipment is a little tired. In relation to the rooms, if you stay near the 130 rooms then be prepared to hear the constant droans of the dryer.

We got a voucher for Breakfast and when I go there the chef/waitress had a real attitude problem. I was told that if I walk any further then I would be considered as staff. This is not acceptable and it did not come accross as a joke. What the website does not tell you is that breakfast with this voucher consists of porridge, which is like gruel; a doghnut and a bun oh and one cup of coffee. If you want a cooked breakfast then the voucher gets you $2 off; the website does not tell you this - some other customers complained and the response of the waitress/cher was 'this is not my problem, management have decided to do this'.

The pool was closed as was the tennis court and the buisness suite is a joke. the computer did not even turn on when we wanted to print something off. Overall, a poor experience and we will not be coming here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I was there with my sister. Only positive note: The girl at the front desk was nice. That's about it. Clearly, most of the people at this hotel live there. There was arguing in the rooms near us, black guys checking us out in the hallways, kids running in the halls and the parking lot--one of them i almost hit when trying to park. The shuttle service they advertise is a joke--so don't plan on staying here and easily getting to the casinos. We checked out within 1 hour of arriving it was that sketchy.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank ilove2travel82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Oh St Joseph Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!