“Do Not Use Free Shuttle”

Ramada West Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Reviewed August 15, 2010

The hotel's outside is less then appealing. We stayed in an outside room upstairs. The room was ok. The bathroom looked like it had a new tub and tile but the grout work was so bad it looked like a 10 year old did it. The room walls really need painting and the chair in our room had two big stains on it so we didn't even use it. The bed was clean and pretty comfy but we were so tired by the time we got back from AC that we would have slept on anything. The free shuttle service is awful. There were alot of people leaving the hotel at the same time as us and they didn't have room in the one bigger shuttle so they brought another smaller one but the drivers were yelling and screaming at each other. I didn't even want to get in but we did and got to the Boardwalk fine. We were told to call 30 minutes before we wanted to be picked up so we called at 1:00 a.m. and they said they would be there in 30 min. 50 min later still not there. I called again and they came about 15 minutes later. We get in and head to another casino to pick up someone and we waited and waited and waited and finally left there and then he was going to stop at some other place but we asked him to please take us back first so he did. I would never use this shuttle service EVER again! I would never stay at this hotel again either. Free breakfast is barely ok. Do yourself a favor and book elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2010

This hotel did not look bad from the outside. In fact, the building exterior was 100 times better than the interior. We approached the desk where we were totally ignored by the attendent even though we were the only 2 people visible in the place. The hotel's air conditioning seemed to be lacking. The halls & rugs are in desperate need of replacing. Our room was pretty gross. The rug looked dirty, the bed was lumpy and the bathroom was totally disgusting. The towels were practically in shreds. I really felt as though I needed to bathe in Purell after my stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless cleanliness is not an issue for you.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LauraRoyFink
Reviewed July 8, 2010

This hotel was great. About ten minutes from Atlantic city boardwalk. They had shuttle buses to take you to the boardwalk free of charge. The continental breakfast was very good. We stay in the hotel room that was outside.When we first walk into the room it smelled so clean and fresh. The pool was also great and clean. This is a great hotel to be only two stars. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2010

If you are on a budget this is the hotel for you. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. Hotel itself is a bit worn, hallway carpets need to be replaced and the luggage carts need some love. But for the price I was pleased with the clean pool and smiling staff. Close drive to the beach and not all of the noise being in the city. The free breakfast helps when you are traveling with kids.
Remember---this is a BUDGET HOTEL -- if you are looking for room service and a fridge stay at Trump--if you want to go to the beach and you don't have a lot of money--stay here. I will stay here again :-}

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The outside landscaping was slightly better than average, the pool area and water was clean, the room was clean the linens were clean but the blanket and bedspread smelled of someone's cologne. The bathroom and towels were clean. We were disappointed with the breakfast. The area for eating was very nice bigger than most places for a free breakfast. The staff was poor. I called the front desk to ask about area church since our room directory was lacking that info even though the directory said it was listed. The male staffmember said, " you're in Atlantic City and you want to go to Church,? " Then he laughed.!! The directory also said the internet was free in the lobby but it was not. I was glad to know we only stayed 2 nights. I would try to find a nicer hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2010

For the price, $59 a night... you can't beat this place. The room was clean... no bugs, no mold, no dust. Good air conditioning. Comfortable beds. My only complaint is the people who stay there should have some respect and be quiet when others are trying to sleep. The doors slam very loudly. But other then that... I would stay here again. Close to AC and Ocean City....

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I probably would have rated this hotel "ok" had the smell not been bad. For the area, the value is better then being in the casinos and it's a short ride from the casinos and the convention center. The lobby is nice and clean.

We stayed in a room in the main building on the 2nd floor. Avoid the 2nd floor. I don't know if other floors are the same, but the 2nd floor is horrible. When you walk off the elevator, it stinks. It seems the 2nd floor has both smoking and non-smoking rooms and the hallway is nauseating from the smell of smoke. It's not like a little smokey but stinks of years and years of what might have been a smoking floor. For the most part, the non-smoking room we were in didn't smell, but the longer I was in the room, the more I could smell the smoke from the hallway.

The room itself wasn't anything special, but I didn't expect it to be. It was clean and relatively roomy with 2 double beds. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels. Water pressure for the morning shower was good and the water was as hot as you wanted. Wifi is free and it worked fine. I didn't run any speed tests, but all the websites I accessed came up quickly.

Walking out of the room into the hallway was brutal. Once you got into the elevator, it was fine. When we got off the elevator on the 1st floor, there was no smell of smoke at all. I don't know what the 3rd thru 5th floors were like but the 2nd floor should be turned into a smoking floor.

I don't think I'd stay there again. I'd rather pay close to 2x the cost of the room to be someplace that didn't make me feel sick.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
#14 of 49 in Atlantic City
Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget
#9 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!