“Excellent off-season value for those traveling with their dogs” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada West Atlantic City

Ramada West Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Delaware
“Excellent off-season value for those traveling with their dogs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

Tip: ask for a room in the main 5-story building. That is where I stayed, and it looks *much* nicer than the rooms in the 2-story building. I chose this hotel for the following reasons:

1) Pet-friendly, with a reasonable pet fee ($15 per dog)
2) Great off-season weekday rate ($35 + pet fee)
3) Location (within 10 minute drive of Atlantic City boardwalk, beach, casinos, etc.)
4) Free wireless internet
5) Free breakfast

The daytime staff at the front desk was very friendly &helpful. My room (located in the main 5-story building) was very large. Like most pet-friendly hotels, this one is a little run down, but my room & bathroom were very clean and everything worked fine. The bed and chairs were comfortable, and we enjoyed our stay there very much. Luggage carts were available in front of the elevator, parking is free in the large parking lot, and there is a lot of grass to walk the dogs. No problems using the free wireless internet access.

We had a very pleasant stay all-round, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to travel with their dogs. Just make sure to request a room in the main building.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Mount Vernon, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

First off, we got to the hotel a little bit after the check-in time. Jesus, the staff member, who helped us was very confused and did not know how to reserve rooms. He finally gave us a room key and we headed over to get some rest. Well, I opened the door only to be frightened by a naked man jumping out of the bed in the room that had been given to us. My husband was appalled that we has been given a key to a room that already had someone in it. Lucky for us the situation did not escalate. I went back into the office and told Jesus that we had been given a room that someone was in. We were worried that someone would do the same to us especially since the person handing out room keys did not seem to be that bright. But we were tired and wanted to get some rest. Well, he finally got us room after a little strong arming from my husband, although it was in a location that did not allow for internet access. The next morning we went to the office to get some help with our room situation and Gloria was only too happy to help us. She upgraded us to a room in the towers and made sure we were comfortable. Overall we had a horrible start, but the rooms we stayed in were decent and we enjoyed our second night here. My recommendation to ANYONE planning on staying here is if you walk in and see someone at the desk with a name tag stating that he was Jesus- RUN THE OTHER WAY, NO MATTER WHAT!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Pleasantville hotels

Passaic NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

The staff were friendly, gave extra towels, were very nice. the rooms were pretty nice, good working shower. the continental breakfast was really good. its in a great location. there isnt one bad thing for me to say about this place. it wasnt noisy at all in the hotel. Its a great place for a family to stay.

• Stayed August 2009
Greenboro NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

Clean room, a good 2 miles from the boardwalk and casinos....Casinos make you pay to park. Weekend rate is a little $$$$. Breakfast also not bad

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

First time staying at this hotel booked the room from their website at 41.65 a night found out the manager got upset on what I was paying like its my fault what they have on their site??? wont stay here ever again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

I would not stay at this hotel again. Room smelled musty when we turned the AC off. The hotel is old and in need of renovations. The front desk staff was slow during check in. If you stay here make sure you have your confirmation number b/c they may mess up your reservation. The room was old but clean, one plus was that in the bathroom in the room we stayed in there was a brand new tub. The windows were left open in the hallway, which made the hallway hot and humid. This hotel is relatively close to the casinos, just a short drive away, however I would not recommend this hotel to a friend at all.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

I made a reservation thinking of the complimentary airport shuttle service and the pets allowed amenity. The pet fee is $15.00 which is reasonable. On check-in, I was told that shuttle service is only for Mondays to Thursdays. So since I arrived on a Friday, I had to provide one myself. Internet connection doesn't work in all the rooms. So make sure, the room assigned to you is equipped. I told them I had AAA when I placed the reservation, but the rate billed to me wasn't what I was quoted.

• Stayed July 2009
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City
#14 of 50 in Atlantic City
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!