“Horrible”

Ramada West Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Reviewed July 28, 2012

As said with all the other reviews, the rooms wreak, I wouldn't dare walk barefoot in these rooms, plumbing either doesn't work or barely works. I can't believe the health dept doesn't shut them down. Absolutely no maintenance ever performed at this building anywhere. I can't believe people bring their children here but they think this is a deal. If you like bed bugs!! I took photos but u can't post them here. Just look at the front Ramada sign when u pull in if this is any indication of the condition of this hotel. You've been warned!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jetpilot26047

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Frankly, I read some of the reviews before I booked and was afraid of what I would find when I got there but the rate was so low that I couldn't pass it up. We requested and were given the end room on the first floor of the old motel style building (714). The room was on the back corner of the building facing the bay side. On the other side of the bay is the skyline of Atlantic City. Beautiful! Not only was the room clean but the maid was so nice I gave her a $10.00 tip upon departure. Sheets were changed the second night. Also the second day of our stay we came back to find that the older TV was switched with a new 32 inch flat. The room had a small fridge a microwave, coffee maker, iron with board and in the bathroom a wall hair dryer. The way the other reviews sounded we thought we were doomed. We will go back. We will request the same room(great parking) and do recommend the place from our own experience Oh BTW the pool is on the small size but was clean

Room Tip: Bayside view must be seen. Bay, lighthouse, skyline of Atlantic City. Loved it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan C
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Worst hotel ever. Is not worthy of the Ramada name. Place was AT LEAST 40 years old. Our room was dusty and bugs were crawling everywhere. The pool was filthy and infested with mosquitoes. In addition, it was EXTREMELY small and barely fit 6 people at a time. Also, my son IMMEDIATELY within 5 minutes of exiting the pool started itching like crazy and rashes started springing up all over his body. We had to get him out of the water within 5 minutes of his entering. This was, of course, to be expected from a filthy pool with mold covering the sides....In addition, the hotel was located in a very far away place from attractions and the shuttle bus was cancelled every day AT LEAST once which is terrible, considering the fact that it only operated once every 2 and a half hours. Moreover, the place is run by Indian cheapstakes and the room we booked was supposed to include a refrigerator and microwave. We had payed extra for those amenities and the room didn't include them. When we asked for them, the manager tried to rip us off saying they didn't offer them but my husband showed him the bill and reservations and how we were entitled to the microwave and refrigerator. We had to wait 5 hours just for them to send the microwave and fridge and my children were starving by the time they finally brought them up. Not to mention the fact that we spent our ENTIRE FIRST DAY WAITING FOR THINGS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED THE MINUTE WE RECIEVED OUR ROOM. Extremely annoyed and royally unsatisfacted, my husband angrily called Hotels.com and cancelled the reservations. We ended up staying the rest of the vacation at Trump Plaza, which was in ALL ways, better than the previous dump that might have been mistaken for a hotel. 3 Star Hotel my butt. Doesn't even deserve a quarter of a star and my husband will most likely sue them soon for the medical issues their filthy pool and bug-infested rooms have inflicted upon my son. IN SUMMATION, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, STAY HERE. EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PLACE TO STAY FOR THE NIGHT, IT WOULD BE WAYYYYY BETTER TO SLEEP IN YOUR CAR OR EVEN ON THE GROUND....

Room Tip: Do not even come close to this filthy place...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Badawy M
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stay as far away from this ROACH HOTEL as possible. This hotel doesn't deserve not even a 1 star. DIRTY, FILTHY, DISGUSTING, NASTY, SMELLY, WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY FAMILY'S LIFE!!!!!!!!! The room smelled like wet mold. The bath water drained extremely slow. Dead roach plastered on bathroom wall. Dirty glass doors at the registration office. Hotel sign looks like it's seen better days. Parking lot needs alot of work. Air conditioner smells like you're inhaling toxic fumes. In my opinion, this hotel should be condemned and someone should fine the owner for false advertisment on the website. The pics are extremely misleading. They should pay me for staying THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel room!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OMESG
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place cost 25 bucks in a cab, that's how far away it is from the actual Atlantic City. The place was clean but there is an element of clientel and employeee which may leave one to feel unsafe. I carried all my valuables with for the duration, even bringing my bag into the bathroom during my shower. You are completely cut off from all things convenient, grocery store, supermarket, resturants etc! The free shuttle picks up patrons from other cheap motels along the way and they were all drunk and screaming and singing. The shuttle driver has signs asking for tip but he als jumps out of his seat as your leaving and begs for tip while pointing to a bucket. So tacky I almost kept my money. The five dollar shuttle is better unfortunately you have to wait for a really long time. Like an hour and a half. We stayed June 29th the weekend the weekend of the storm that blacked out Black Horse Pike Road and had us sleeping in a room that not only had no had, no electricty therefore electricty but also windows that the hotel mgmt feels the need to Nail Shut! Horrible, Ghettofied! Hot mess!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank yoli6
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I gave it 3 stars only because the hotel staff was so nice to us. We ordered delivery food from 2 places and they both called an hour later saying that the roads were flooded and they could not get to us. We asked Richard at the front desk what we should do and he gave us a place that was not near the floods. Richard later called our room telling us that the roads are clear and we could go out and get something if we wanted. He was nothing but helpful. The room had this overwhelming gross smell. We could not pinpoint what exactly the smell was but it was pretty disgusting. If the room did not smell so horrible, it would've been a great experience if you're looking for a cheap night. The "continental" breakfast was very disappointing. The toaster did not toast the frozen bagels very well. There were so many people that if you wanted to make a waffle, it would've taken 20 min to use the one machine, and the pastries were not stocked.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jake t
Reviewed June 26, 2012

It's a long list of problems. First of all, the shower was TERRIBLE!!! Just terrible. Part of the plumbing literally came out of the wall. I was able to fix it and get a dribble of a shower.Then the water didn't drain properly. The air conditioner was not working well. The toilet had to flushed while holding down the handle. There was no bag in the garbage can. I was not able to make a toll-free call. It is advertised as "newly renovated" really? There was a sign in the bathroom stating the prices for missing linens-a real sleazy move. A complaint to the management got me an offer to switch rooms. Too little too late. There were more issues but I think the point has been made. STAY AWAY!!! Also, it's about 3 miles from the canter of AC.

Room Tip: Stay in center of AC. Look for coupons in rest areas
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TREK39
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Showboat Hotel
Showboat Hotel
#14 of 49 in Atlantic City
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!