“Very good stay”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Throop, Pa
“Very good stay”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed here Aug 25 for 1 nite on way back home from Wildwood. The room was in the new building and was impressive. Very clean, roomy, large bathroom and central air type cooling system. All rooms in this building were renovated. A nice plus was the free bus shuttle to Tropicana that ran all nite and later on weekends. Continental breakfast not much but enough for a quick fix if in a rush, room had a small coffee pot. Washer/dryer also on property for $2 each. Female front desk clerk was extremely helpful and pleasant. Will definitely return when in that area.

Room Tip: Request odd # rooms on 5th floor, good view with frig and microwave.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Terrebonne, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2011

i looked at other reviews written in august also,there is something not working.Someone said the breakfast was fantastic,i think we did nt went to the same hotel.WE had no eggs or sausage and cereal..Even no jam for the toast or peanut butter.Each day we had to complaint about something missing in the morning...even at 7:30...The breakfast consist of baggle,bread,waffle and small pieces of danish..The room were not nice even staying in the main building...The air conditionner was not cold.I could go on but already did my review at the internet site that i booked...and for the first time i even write directly to the hotel chain to report my complaint

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Pleasantville hotels

Washington, DC
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This place is the pits, just like the people that work there. They were not friendly at all, even when you had a complaint about something. When my daughter and I got to the room that they assigned us to, someone else was already in the room. Can you imagine our surprise when I opened the door and this lady was in there changing her clothes. The lady started hollering because she didn't know who we were coming into her room and she was half necked. I immediately went back to the office and they seemed shocked that someone else was in the room that they had just assigned us to, even asked me if I was sure. As soon as I opened the door to the new room that they assigned us to, there was a damp musty smell all through the place. The carpet was nasty, the tub had a ring in it that wouldn't come out, the comforters on the bed was torn smelly, and dated, the sheets look like they had burns in them and the color in the T.V. was just about gone. My daughter refuse to take her clothes out of the suitcase to put into the dated dresser, which the bottom was coming out of one of the drawers. We lived out of our suitcase the whole weekend. This hotel allows pets. Across the hall from our room, a big dog barked the whole time we were there. This place is in need of a MAJOR renovation job. It is definently VERY VERY OLD AND VERY VERY DATED. Probably nothing has been done to this place since they were built back in 1984. The pictures they have on line is very misleading. Please don't get me started on the so-called continental breakfast. I see why it's free because who would pay for it. You are not even given a good variety to choose from like most hotels. We didn't even know that the eggs were eggs. They were round like a hockey puck, very cold and over cooked. The tiny sausage patties were sitting in grease. Each danish was cut into quarters. For the price we paid to stay in that DUMP, we should at least been given a whole danish. I couldn't believe it. FOR YOUR OWN PEACE OF MIND, DON'T STAY AT THE RAMADA WEST ATLANTIC CITY. For the price they charge, you can find yourself a much nicer place to stay because the Ramada West is NOT the one.

Room Tip: My tip to you is
2 Thank skyegirl5204
d.c.
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Fellow Travelers..PLEASE BEWARE...False Advertisement!!.Don't Be Fooled By The Promotional Picture, There Are 2 Buildings- One A Motel Type Building And Then The One You See In Their Promotional Picture. One Of My Sisters Was Put In The Hotel Type Building And The Rest Of Us In The Motel Type Building (TERRIBLE)..(Told No Other Rooms Available In The Hotel Type Building). The Bathroom Was So Bad That When I Called Them To Come And Clean It-They Tried And Couldn't (So Filthy It Couldn't Be Cleaned) ..I Had To Shower In My Sisters Room (In The Hotel Type Building, That Was Only SLIGHTLY Better). In My Room I Cleaned The Sink And Commode Areas With Bleach, And Also Used Commode Covers To Use The Commode-No Other Way Would I Use It. I Don't Think The Ironing Board Cover Has EVER Been Washed (FILTHY). The Carpet.. (DON'T GET ME STARTED). I DID NOT Use Any Of Their Towels Or Linen (I Bought My Own)...THIS PLACE IS OLD AND FILTHY, AND THEY NEED TO RENOVATE OR CLOSE DOWN. In My Other Sisters Room ..Same Thing, PLUS- The Air Conditioner Didn't Work-They Couldn't Fix It So They Moved Her To Another Room Where the air Conditioner Barely Worked-She Wound Up Going To K-MART To Buy A fan.. ..UNBELIEVABLE!!...If You Insist On Staying Here Please Specify You Want To Be In The Hotel Type Building (Which Is SLIGHTLY Better) , But I Recommend You Look Elsewhere For Accommodations , I Would Rather Sleep In My Car Than Ever Stay Here Again (NO JOKE)..HEED MY WARNING OR STAY HERE AT YOUR Own Risk..NO JOKE!!! PLEASE Let My Mistake, BE YOUR WAKE UP CALL!!!!..Upon Checking Out The Asked "Did You Enjoy Your Stay...Are You Kidding Me??!!!!....Note: I Wanted To Write In All Capitol Letters To Really Get My Point Across, but The System Wouldn't Let Me.

Room Tip: Filthy, Dirty, Smelly, Nasty, And Anything Else That Fit In That Catagory!!
Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed overnight at the Ramada when coming into town for the American Idol concert August 13, 2011. We checked in around 3pm. which was fast and the desk clerk was very helpful and courteous. We reserved a room with 2 double beds for 4 adults. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, the bathroom was roomy along with everything working fine including a nice shower. The room did not smell like allot of hotel rooms which was a big plus! They have shuttle service that was perfect for going into AC to the show. We called the service and the driver was there when we needed him. and when we were ready to come at 12:30pm he was there within 15 minutes. We slept like babies didn't hear any noises at all. The next morning we went to the breakfast which was more than the typical continental breakfast. I had waffles and sausage...yumm. The checkout was a breeze. Everything was perfect! I would recommend staying here and when we go back to AC we will stay here again. It's away from the traffic in AC and so convenient. Great Place! :-)

Room Tip: Great Place
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2011

im not understanding the bad reviews, we stayed two nights just for a weekend getaway, me, brother, mother and brothers' girlfriend..........

the room was clean, check in was quick and easy.............the pool was small but wasnt crowded, there was a continental breakfast, manly bagels, waffles, cereal, eggs and sausage, not bad, it was something to fill ur stomach and it was free..........

the two times we had to call room service, once for a toilet clog and again cause we had no towels, there was no problem, someone came right away...........

they even asked us where we wanted our room, upstairs or down....................basic, modern room, and they took time to clean it..............

the best was the shuttle service, takes you to tropicana for free and theres' a schedule.......they even give you tickets where u can call a shuttle at your leisure any time u wanted one.......................
i was skeptical about picking a hotel that wasn't on the boardwalk.......but the shuttles were on point............i would stay again at this hotel .........very affordable and worth it...!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were given 2 free nights in a city of our choice. We chose Atlantic City and were provided with this hotel. After reading the reviews, I was very worried about staying here. However, our room was clean and spacious enough. It was a good value for the money. We are not smokers and I was concerned about the smell of people smoking, I smelled nothing. You won't find terry bathrobes in the closet, but you aren't paying for them either.

Room Tip: If you want a no-smoking room, specify a no-smoking room in a no-smoking area.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mmesylv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City
#14 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!