“Good Hotel For The Money”

Ramada West Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were given 2 free nights in a city of our choice. We chose Atlantic City and were provided with this hotel. After reading the reviews, I was very worried about staying here. However, our room was clean and spacious enough. It was a good value for the money. We are not smokers and I was concerned about the smell of people smoking, I smelled nothing. You won't find terry bathrobes in the closet, but you aren't paying for them either.

Room Tip: If you want a no-smoking room, specify a no-smoking room in a no-smoking area.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mmesylv

Reviewed July 17, 2011

this motel was horrible. They have completely misrepresented themselves on their website. they have two bldgs, one is a hotel and the othr bldg is a motel. where you get out the car and walk up to your door. the room smelled stale, the carpets are RIDUCLOUSLY FILTHY! did not feel comfortable even walking in room with shoes off. there are not microwaves & fridges in each room, only in kingbed room only, or you a rent one for your room for $20 a night. the breakfast is not the works, ony bread products in small quantities . customerservice was worse thn the carpets. rude is an understatement. here were more flies in our room than in Ethiopia FOR REAL!!. the shuttle service is whacker than a first time comedian, absolutely the pits. They have a mini van that you have to call one hour before you are ready to go. No problem, so we waited out there only for a minivan, yup a mini van that holds six, to arrive, yes that is their hotel shuttle, and guess what the driver had a friend along wih her, making even less space for guests. when i inquired about how me and my family were suppose to fit, she snapped and said I will be back. like for real, we waited an hour just to be told she would be back again in a rude tone. I have not encounter any friendly staff members during my stay. . i went to use the iron an ironing board which are attached to one another, just to find out it did not work. the front desk said no problem but never brought us one. we borrowed from another room.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Ramada hotel is one of the worst hotels i've ever been to. Our trip would have have been a lot better if we stayed at a different hotel. here are just a couple things wrong with the hotel:
1. showers do not work
2. Very dirty and staff do not clean well
3. the rudest staff
4. we asked for towels 5 times and in the end received one towel
5. we were told to shut up but one of the staff members
6. half their furniture is broken or is in the process of breaking
7. the pool was not opened in time , and they were just beginning to clean it an hour after it was supposed to open
8.breakfast is terrible, the only thing good were the waffles and you had to wait in the biggest line to make your own which took about 3 min each
those are just some things i advise you to stay anywhere else but here!

1  Thank emad_11
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Dear All,

PLEASE stay away, if you need to enjoy your trip. I don't have time to tell you all details but I will brief the main issues.
1- Showers are not working.
2- Rooms are not clean at all and they allowing pets.
3- Breakfast is nothing, mainly waffles and we had to stand in the quee for 30 min. to do your waffles your self.
4- Swimming pool is very small and I didn't see them cleaning it for 4 days during my stay.
5- The internet is very slow (it seems like dial-up) and diconnecting evey minute and the system is asking to connect again.
6- When I complained, they answered that they don't have any solution and if I am not happy, I can leave the hotel. When I spoke to the manager, he answered that he is the owner and he doesn't care about my opnion.

Good kuck in other hotel.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed at Ramada in Atlantic City just 2 weeks ago. The showers don't work, the toilet overflowed a few times and they cleaned it with the towels that you use on your face!!!!!! The staff were very rude, and would not help you if you requested anything. The swimming pool was not cleaned and never opened on time.Did not feel safe with the kids and our belongings in the room.
FIND ANY OTHER PLACE TO STAY. ITS NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The rooms were very clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. Beds were comfortable and I felt safe with my family inside the hotel. The free breakfast in the morning is very well stocked with plenty to choose from - including hot, fluffy waffles. Be warned that the line for the waffles will be extremely long - but worth the wait. Pool was a nice ammenity too.

We were approached twice by a woman in the parking lot asking for money - and one night when we went to a family restaurant down the street, they had to remove a homeless person who was bothering some patrons. So the area around the hotel isn't all that great - but I should mentiont that we saw more homeless people on the boardwalk in A/C approaching us for money than we did at the hotel.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Nice place and cheap to stay in Atlantic city.....easy to commute to casinos

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank vrsuresh2003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
#14 of 49 in Atlantic City
Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget
#9 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Ramada West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!