“Okay just for few nights”

Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
NJ
“Okay just for few nights”
Reviewed August 24, 2006

My family and I wanted to vacation at Ocean City, NJ for a few days. We stayed at this Hampton because it was cheaper than staying at the beach. This Hampton was just average. When I walked in the lobby, there were several old ships displayed on the tables with outdated furnitures. Breakfast area - too small. Food - okay. Room - clean and bed okay. However, the noise from the air condition along with a cricket in our room kept us up much of the night. We did not get much slept. There is a nice view of a Bay in the rear of the hotel but I wouldn't stay here no more than two days. I stayed at other Hampton Inns which were very, very nice (marble floors). This is the first Hampton I stayed that was just average. Lets just say that we got what we paid for.

Stayed August 2006
6 Thank mrsdld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
New haven CT
Reviewed August 19, 2006

J ust got back from Atantic City, we stayed 3nights 17, 18 and 19. Read all the reviews and figured we'd take our chances.
They did replace the mattresses, however, we had a "Queen"
room and the bed we had was not a queen bed, it was a
full bed. We sleep in a queen bed 365 nights a year and that was not a queen bed. The hotel was clean. Our room was
cleaned to perfection everyday. No complaints there. But
our room and the hotel in general was very dated. They really
need to do a makeover. The wall paper in our room was peeling
and the laminate on the bathroom sink counter was peeling off. We did bring it to mamagements attention about the small bed. He finally gave him trying to convince us otherwise, and "stated,"Hey it's a new mattress." The good news " Loved Atlantic City and hubby said next year we can go to a good hotel".

• Liked — rooms were clean and bed was small but comfortable
  • Disliked — small bed and dated funishings and rought towels
  • Tips/Secrets — check out the holliday inn express 3mi further on the road
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank cheaphubby
Harrisburg PA
Reviewed August 18, 2006

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Bayside on August 17, 2006 for one night. The hotel was fine for what I was doing. I attended a concert and did not arrive at the room until around midnight. I immediately went to bed, woke up and took a walk, ate breakfast, took a shower and checked out.

The Good:
Price...I paid around $100 with tax...this was on a thursday, though. The rates are at least double on the weekends.

The bed was comfortable (I'm very picky about beds) and it had decent linens.

The room was clean, smelled fine and did not show evidence of wear and tear.

The hotel was quiet. I was on the sixth floor and did not hear anyone all night.

Free Wireless Internet.

The breakfast buffet. While it wasn't as good as some Hampton breakfasts I have had (the french toast sticks were kind of tough and it was very heavy on carbs), it was still a free breakfast, so no complaints here.

The Bad:

The decor in the lobby and breakfast area leaves a lot to be desired. Very garish, cheap and overdone. It kind of reminded me of being in someone's great grandmother's house. I actually liked the ships and boating theme in the lobby, it was just that there were too many items. It would be better if they choose a few choice items and displayed those.

No exercise room. Most Hamptons I have visited have had an exercise room. I was a bit surprised that this one didn't have one.

No pool. Not a big deal, but in a vacation area like atlantic city, I expected that the hotel would have a pool.

The hotel is in a seedy part of town, neighbored by several budget motels. Because the hotel lacked exercise facilities, I decided to take a walk. I was a little concerned bc when driving to the hotel the night before, I remembered thinking that it wasn't the nicest area. However, I left the hotel and turned left and actually had a nice walk in a decent residential area off of the main road.

Overall:
It was fine for one night. It would probably be OK for even a weekend, but I don't think I would take my vacation here. I would definitely avoid it if I had children bc there is nothing for them to do.

Stayed August 2006
9 Thank FitnessMandy
New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2006

We stayed at the Hampton Inn/Bayside from 7/6 to 7/8. Hotel is in a good, quiet location about 10-15 minutes away from the casinos. Overlooks the bay, which we had a view of and was nice. Breakfest in the morning included hot food every morning that was good. Hotel and rooms were clean, and the staff was friendly. The bed mattress and pillows had all just been replaced (we saw the old mattresses in a truck getting ready to be hauled away) and were extremely comfortable, just as the Hampton Inn had advertised (bed heads!). Unfortunately the casinos were closed the two nights that we were there, but we found plenty of other things to do, so no big loss. we spent time going the the beach (Brigantine), shopping, and had a nice dinner in AC, which had a small crowd for a Friday night.
If you are looking for an affordable option near the beach and/or casinos, I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — location, price
  • Disliked — still had to drive to everything
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank travelnut167
New York
Reviewed July 14, 2006

We stayed here July 2006 and was satisfied with our stay. Three adults and a toddler staying in a room with 2 double beds. Room was large enough for all of us. Was able to put a pack and play in the room with us for our toddler. Very updated decor. Comfortable beds with white comforters. Pillows were labeled with cards saying "soft" and "firm". Bathroom was big. Air conditioning could have been quieter. Price was right. We paid 72 dollars plus tax, not bad during the week in the summer. Free breakfast had oatmeal, cold cereal, bagels, toast, english muffins, glazed doughnuts, waffles, sausage, yogurt, juice. Close to casinos about a five to seven minute drive. Storybook land about a 10 minute drive. We would stay here again. * If your a parent reading this review there is a Chuck E Cheese about 12 minutes away at the Hamilton Commons.*

• Stayed July 2006
9 Thank MLD07
Ridgefield, NJ
Reviewed May 20, 2006

I reserved adjoining rooms at the end of February. The only reason I chose his hotel over the Best Western down the road is because the Best Western doesn't offer connecting rooms. I was very unsatisfied with my stay, and when I supplied the following complaints to the Hampton Inn web site, the manager of the hotel called me, belittled me then hung up on me. I was supposed to receive a refund according to Hampton Inn's satisfaction guarantee, but it is now May and I haven't received anything. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Fairly close to the casinos, about a ten to fifteen minute drive.
- There's a nice view of the bay, IF YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY EXTRA.

Cons:
- Small rooms.
- Bathroom could've been cleaner.
- Beds are uncomfortable and smell.
- Cooling/heating systems are loud, don't work ad have wires exposed.
- "Free Continental Breakfast" is laughable.
- Manager knows nothing about professionalism and satisfying paying customers.

Do yourself a favor and stay away. Go to the Best Western just five minutes down the road. You'll get a lot more for your money.

• Stayed February 2006
10 Thank rcr115
New York
Reviewed March 11, 2006

After reading the mostly positive reviews here, and from past experiences with Hampton Inns around the country, I went to Atlantic City expecting courteous hotel staff and a very nice room. Well, the staff, while courteous, were not as nice as I have experienced at other Hampton Inns, Embassy Suites and Hiltons - usually, once they see you are a Hiltons Honors member, the hotel staff greet you like an old friend, and "welcome" you back, even if you have never been there before. None of that here, just down to business for the AC Bayside staff. We also did not get the room we booked - booked room with bay view, got room with highway view. When I went to the desk to inquire, I was told that the room I booked was not availalbe. Same price for a room with no view, too...not very fair if you ask me. The room was large, and clean, however, the bed was the hardest hotel bed I have ever slept on. And noise in the hallways and from other rooms at all hours kept me from getting a decent nights rest. Would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006
17 Thank Slats62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel
Quality Inn Pleasantville
Quality Inn Pleasantville
#3 of 15 in Pleasantville
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!