“You Get What You Pay For”

Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
New York
“You Get What You Pay For”
Reviewed March 11, 2006

After reading the mostly positive reviews here, and from past experiences with Hampton Inns around the country, I went to Atlantic City expecting courteous hotel staff and a very nice room. Well, the staff, while courteous, were not as nice as I have experienced at other Hampton Inns, Embassy Suites and Hiltons - usually, once they see you are a Hiltons Honors member, the hotel staff greet you like an old friend, and "welcome" you back, even if you have never been there before. None of that here, just down to business for the AC Bayside staff. We also did not get the room we booked - booked room with bay view, got room with highway view. When I went to the desk to inquire, I was told that the room I booked was not availalbe. Same price for a room with no view, too...not very fair if you ask me. The room was large, and clean, however, the bed was the hardest hotel bed I have ever slept on. And noise in the hallways and from other rooms at all hours kept me from getting a decent nights rest. Would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006
17 Thank Slats62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
washington
Reviewed January 28, 2006

Well we just got back from the Hampton Inn in AC, it was okay- that's it. The rooms and lobby are very dated and the furniture could be replaced. The price of the rooms does not allow for such antiquated furnishings! The breakfast was nice, as was the view from the hotel window. But I think they could definitely give the place a makeover...

• Stayed January 2006
14 Thank Audrey R
Campbell Hall, NY
Reviewed January 15, 2006

Just got from a one nite stay here- no complaints.
Rooms were very clean, staff friendly, and the breakfast was great! Only took about 7 min. to get to the casino's. Will definitely stay here when we come down again!

• Stayed January 2006
12 Thank Debf1
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed November 13, 2005

Hampton Inn is a nice play to stay if you don't want to stay at the Boardwalk itself. It has wonderful views, very easy drive to Boardwalk and a very nice price!

The front desk staff could not have been nicer and efficient. I asked for directions and they already had a pre-printed one ready (though I did get lost on the way back) and it was a breeze to drive into. It literally took onyl minutes.

The breakfast was great with both hot and cold items. Though, the room area was very tiny and people were quite squished.

The bed was comfy and the lap tray was a nice touch.

I have already been here twice and would come again!!

• Stayed October 2005
13 Thank MyMuse
Upstate New York
Reviewed November 8, 2005

I usually book the Hampton Inn Bayside once a year when we travel to Atlantic City for various events. While it is sometimes easier to stay directly in AC, the Hampton Inn Bayside provides an affordable solution should the rates in the in-town hotels be outrageous. Our last stay was in May, and we will be going back in a couple of weeks.

If you've ever stayed at a Hampton Inn in the past, you will know what to expect from this hotel. The rooms are always clean when we go, and the staff is usually polite and helpful. You don't get the room service amentity as you would at most in-town hotels, but there are a handful of places that will deliver to the room.

Behind the hotel is a nice little area with a deck, some sand, and the water.

Be advised, however, that when checking in, you will need to pay for your stay right there. I book all of my Hampton Inn stays through HHonors, and most require a credit card, but do not charge it unless you do not show up, cancel late, etc. I like to pay for my stays at the end of the trip, in cash. So if you're like me when it comes to paying, then be aware that you will need to either have the stay put on your credit card, or you will need to pay cash while you are checking in.

Overall, I recommend this hotel to anyone who will be in Atlantic City for any kind of event (trade show, concert, etc), and who is looking for affordable accommodations. It is only a short drive from the Hampton Inn Bayside to the Convention Center.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
14 Thank crg7
Gaithersburg Md
Reviewed November 6, 2005

We aren't big gamblers, so staying downtown was an expensive option we decided not to take. This hotel was close enough to easily drive to the casinos but nice enough that we didn't feel like we needed to spend all our time there. Unless your just going to use it for sleeping purposes, treat yourself to the bayview. Speaking of sleeping...they have magical pillows-don't know what they are made of, but they were fabulous.
Only drawback was that the walls were thin, could hear the conversation next door AND when any door shut in the hallway, every door bounced a little.
Otherwise, it is outstanding!

• Stayed November 2005
10 Thank harped
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed October 23, 2005

I stayed here for two nights this past weekend, from October 21-23rd. I was surprised at how in the middle of nowhere it is, meaning that it's basically along a route with other strip-type hotels/motels. Once I got over my initial shock of where it's located (Atlantic City is a good 15 minutes away), I enjoyed my stay. The front desk staff are helpful and friendly, and the room itself was clean. I had a room with two double beds--I thought I'd be getting a king bed, but it didn't really matter. The buffet breakfast was nice enough--nothing special, but lots of cereals, fruit, yogurt, juices and muffins.

The only thing that bothered me about my stay was that on Saturday I'd been in the room all day and no one from housekeeping had shown up. Not a problem, as I was busy. When they did show up, it was time for me to get ready for my night out. I asked them if they could come back in 1/2-hour, and immediately I get a phone call from the front desk asking me if I wanted my room cleaned or not. I told them that it was almost 4:00, where had they been all day? They told me that housekeeping is on a tight schedule, and it was now or never. So, I vamoosed from the room and went to get something to eat and when I came back, my room was cleaned. I am glad I had some extra time to get ready, as I wouldn't want to have not had my room cleaned as a result. I understand that they have a lot of rooms to clean, but if that's the case, they should hire more staff. I had been up since 8:30 and no sign of them.

• Stayed October 2005
9 Thank cardreaderme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Quality Inn Pleasantville
#3 of 15 in Pleasantville
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!