“great accomodations”

Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Reviewed November 6, 2005

We aren't big gamblers, so staying downtown was an expensive option we decided not to take. This hotel was close enough to easily drive to the casinos but nice enough that we didn't feel like we needed to spend all our time there. Unless your just going to use it for sleeping purposes, treat yourself to the bayview. Speaking of sleeping...they have magical pillows-don't know what they are made of, but they were fabulous.
Only drawback was that the walls were thin, could hear the conversation next door AND when any door shut in the hallway, every door bounced a little.
Otherwise, it is outstanding!

• Stayed: November 2005
10  Thank harped

Reviewed October 23, 2005

I stayed here for two nights this past weekend, from October 21-23rd. I was surprised at how in the middle of nowhere it is, meaning that it's basically along a route with other strip-type hotels/motels. Once I got over my initial shock of where it's located (Atlantic City is a good 15 minutes away), I enjoyed my stay. The front desk staff are helpful and friendly, and the room itself was clean. I had a room with two double beds--I thought I'd be getting a king bed, but it didn't really matter. The buffet breakfast was nice enough--nothing special, but lots of cereals, fruit, yogurt, juices and muffins.

The only thing that bothered me about my stay was that on Saturday I'd been in the room all day and no one from housekeeping had shown up. Not a problem, as I was busy. When they did show up, it was time for me to get ready for my night out. I asked them if they could come back in 1/2-hour, and immediately I get a phone call from the front desk asking me if I wanted my room cleaned or not. I told them that it was almost 4:00, where had they been all day? They told me that housekeeping is on a tight schedule, and it was now or never. So, I vamoosed from the room and went to get something to eat and when I came back, my room was cleaned. I am glad I had some extra time to get ready, as I wouldn't want to have not had my room cleaned as a result. I understand that they have a lot of rooms to clean, but if that's the case, they should hire more staff. I had been up since 8:30 and no sign of them.

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank cardreaderme
Reviewed October 7, 2005

The Hampton Inn is a good bet for Atlantic City. It was less than half the price of any of the casino hotels and it is a really short drive to the main drag. Go for a bay view room, it's worth it. It was clean, comfortable and quiet and I would definitely stay there again.

7  Thank moose19
Reviewed September 17, 2005

It was ok.........I mean it was our anniversity so we were having a good time anyway. Things that are good is the FREE breakfast......hot cerel, bagels, donuts, toast, eggs, sauage, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. The bay view.....make sure you ask when you book for a room facing the bay. We didn't but we went in another room and it was beautiful......especially at sunset. The beds are so comfy.
Didn't go to the health club...so I don't know about that. What sucks is.....
The toasters for the breakfast........break down and buy some new ones! They don't work!! When you have to wait 10 mins to toast you bagle in the toaster there is a problem.
NO FRIDGES in the rooms.....free ice but no where to keep that bottle of wine cold!
All in all it wasn't bad for the price.........152.00 after taxes for a weekend night.
Easy commute to AC!! Have fun and win big!!

7  Thank EaglesMom
Reviewed September 4, 2005

The location is very nice, right on the bay with a nice view. It is a short drive to downtown AC which is nice. Breakfast was good but a little crowded. The only complaint I had was that the room smelled really really bad. I couldn't figure out what it was but it seemed to come from the air conditioner.

5  Thank hfh46
A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2005

The service was great,very accumudating.Rooms and bathrooms were very clean.Right on the beach,breakfast was very good A+++.Close too boardwalk,staff was very pleasant. AFFORDABLE

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 13, 2005

Just came back from one night at Hampton Inn. Few years ago we stayed at Borgata for $ 450 in the smaller room with some problems and broken safe. Here three times cheaper and only few minutes drive from major casinos. Breakfast is resonably good but come before 9 am since later it's get very crowded. Behind hotel in a small beach at the bay. Water at least 20 degrees warmer than at the ocean beach, if you don't mind a lot of seeweed. Definetly would stay there again in the summer.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank girl08820
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#4 of 25 in Absecon

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!