“Thanks Luis!”

Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pleasantville
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed for a weekend. We couldn't have had a better experience. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel shuttle basically saved our lives at the end of the night. Enjoyable stay and would come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here Sat April 27 to Sun 28- wanted a cheap, but clean hotel. We were going to a show on the boardwalk so we wanted so be as close as possible without paying casio room rates. We chose the comfort inn, for 120 (with tax included) we got a two bed, bay view room. Super clean, very comfortable beds, bathroom was clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful through out our stay. They have a good breakfast in the moring from 6 to 10 and we didnt have to wake up super early to eat either. as we got down there we saw them restocking the food throughout the breakfast.Had a shuttle to the boardwalk, but get in line early, comfort inn is one of the last pick ups so shuttle gets crowded quick!! Would deffintly stay again! Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites last night. We enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and the staff was courteous and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was also really good - great selection. A special thanks to Luis for his warmth and hospitality. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Every year my daughter and I come to Atlantic City and nearby Ocean City to celebrate her birthday. This year we decided to stay at this comfort Inn. We were there from August 12, 2012 to August 14, 2012 to celebrate her 12th birthday. During our stay, we were eaten alive by bedbugs!! After first, I thought that it was mosquito bites on my daughter's arm. But, on the third night I decided to switch beds with her. I was awaken at 3AM by bedbugs biting me. I scooped one up in a plastic bag and took it to the front desk. We checked out at 5:30 AM after I washed and dried our clothes. I have to throw away my luggage and bring my clothes home in plastic bags. After coming home, we spent the next 2 weeks scratching bedbug bites. This was the worst time that we ever had at the shore.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed there when it was a Hampton Inn and a couple times since. It was weak by Hampton standards which is probably why it no longer is one. It's getting worn but was clean enough for a Friday 1 nighter after 5 nights on the Boardwalk to get an easy early out of town the next morning and avoid the rediculous Casino hotel Fri & Sat rates.
As Comfort Inn's go it's OK but I'm not sure why anyone would want to stay there for an extended AC trip as is't a little out of the way for beach, boardwalk and casino access.
Service was fine. There's a little gazebo out back on the water where we sat and had a bottle of wine before dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Don't believe the hype. Beautiful view of bay. Waited 20 mins to check-in on April 6,2013 only one person at desk. When making reservations were told restaurants were within walking distance 3 times. No restaurants within 1 mile and you would take a chance on getting a good meal. No transportation from hotel except shuttle on Friday and Saturday night. Very disappointed in the information provided before making reservations.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Margie W, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We are so sorry that you encounter a problem with your stay. While the restaurants are within 2 miles, and the roads are strictly highway, we would not advise one to try to walk. However, I truly apologize that you were misinformed. We appreciate your feedback and would like to make it right with you. On your next trip to Atlantic City, please call Margie Williams, Marketing and Sales director, I will happy to offer you a 50% discount on your next trip and again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Don't let the photos on the website mislead you. This is not a renovated property. It was dark and dank. When we jokingly asked for a quiet room for the night, the clerk informed us that the hotel was full of high school students and it wouldn't be possible to find a quiet room. The rooms are tiny; the doors open up into the hall (rather than swinging into the room) and there isn't even a closet. On the plus side, the beds seemed clean. I will, however, NEVER stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Margie W, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

First and foremost, I’m sorry that you feel we did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, you arrived on a night where there was a Group Booking, we usually try to keep a group on one floor in order to avoid disturbance, it is possible that the hotel was full upon your arrival, most weekends we are. In a situation like your, always feel free to bring this to the Managers attention, we will do what it take to keep a happy customer. As for the door that swings into the room, all hotels has a code that they must follow and this is one of them. It has to do with safety. We hope you don’t let one bad experience detour you. If you are every in Atlantic City, please do not hesitate to call me (Margie Williams) I will be happy to offer you special rates and accommodation. Please try us again!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasantville
2 mi away
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#4 of 26 in Absecon
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!